Umar Akmal will always be reckless - and I am always proven right!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Mar 7, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Umar Akmal's average is dropping down rapidly and is going down the same route as his elder brother. If PCB don't mess up and invest in young and upcoming players or simply players who merit a selection, who deserve to be in the team then I can see him out of the Pakistan CT soon.

2. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I really like Haris and am not the biggest fan of Umar but since we are limited to 2/3 of these players to fill a slot in the side I reckon him and masqood are more likely to be able to play a game changing knock in a knockout than Haris.
    As we are limited to these players in the WC( which is what the thread is about) I don't see the need to sarcastically mention Imran Nazir.

3. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    To be honest when misbah is tuk tuking, someone has to attack the opposition. Don't be surprised to see everyone play risky restless shots.

4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

I wasnt being sarcastic. I genuinely think Nazir can change games more than this Umar Akmal we see today can

5. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013

Umar was never a #6 batsman in domestic cricket. He is being wasted at #6 by Misbah. Unfortunately he is playing under a captain who himself has no clue where he himself wants to bat - at #4 or #5. Out of 85 matches Misbah has lead, he has batted 34 times at #4 and 39 times at #6. So when captain himself does this shuffling every other match, how can middle order can bat with stability around him?

Even then, Umar has batted as a TOP #6 batsman in the history of ODI cricket!
    http://www.cricistan.com/forums/thr...hich-umar-akmal-has-played.34158/#post-771102
    So, I don't think he is glorified ImranNazir/Afridi. He is much better batsman than both.

He has ALWAYS come into bat when he has to compensate for Misbah's tuk tuk and score fast. Of course when you lift your bat to score runs, the shots look like brain-farts when they go a fielder - as Misbah's shot yesterday.
    Please watch Ramiz Raja's interview from 2-3 days ago where he describes the feelings/thoughts of a batsman who is batting at the other end when Misbah is batting in ODIs.

6. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    OK sure!!

7. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    thanks

8. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    no ill be proven rite by the time world cup finishes!! i said he is the best batsman of the world in either of the two formats tests or odis cus he has got the best technique in the world and he is the one who will see the new ball off when it really matters!!

9. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The best technique got out to AB's phulki last game.

10. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    yes he did. these inocuous didly doddlers are sometimes more dangerous than Mohd Irfan or Mitchell Jhonson thunderbolts!!

11. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    It will only be proper to judge our batsmen after one year from Misbah ul Haq's exit from Pakistan Cricket in all shapes and form. Inzamam ul Haq is the right man to appoint as batting coach for the team.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

I'm not sure about that. Inzi was a natural talent who was never really coached. When Miandad tried before the 2003 World Cup he nearly ruined Inzi's career. I dont think he's the sort of person who can pass on his skills.

13. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    doubting Shahzad.Firdous is like committing suicide. His understanding of the game is astonishing. We can make a whole documentary on this cricket pundit :clap

14. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Inzi along with Yousaf were our best ODI batsmen and they were complete masters of taking singles, twos and hitting the bad ball for 4 or 6 and then going bezerk in the final 10 overs. This is the main thing i want these 2 to impart to our youngsters. Basic batting concepts.

The problem with our youngsters is not technical but their mental approach to the game. The dot ball culture and batting philosophy has to end. Misbah has been the worst role model for the last 5 years in this regard. Exposure to Inzamam and Yousaf will be rewarding.

15. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    You just know that when he plays out 4/5 dot balls, he's itching for a big hit and you're just praying it goes for a boundary and not into a fielders hands.

Terrible shot yday, I just wish he would rotate strike more then looking to hit the big shots. He's pretty decent at taking ones and twos but his brain won't allow him to do it for longer then about 10-15 balls.

16. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Why should he rotate the strike with Misbah ul Haq at the other end? Which attacking batsman in their right frame of mine will take a single only to see Misbah play 5 dots? When the attacking batsman knows Misbah is not going to do any manly batting and that the team needs someone to play like a man and push the score along then what will that Batsman do?

17. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Which idiot would not take a run and would get out instead after 2 deliveries?

18. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    Umar is brainless, there is no doubt about that. However, he never got the proper guidance a young talent needs. Even now he's treated like a newcomer, he's treated like he's unreliable, there is no confidence shown in him by the captain. He's a senior player and should therefore be expected to take responsibility. I'd play him at 3, or even open with him and tell him "look, you're a senior now, the batting order relies on you and you should carry the burden".

19. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
  20. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Enough of this batting order, match situation, Misbah impact theories. This guys has played over 100 ODI's and is a permanent feature in all those games. His mode of dismissal is same. SA's game was perfect platform for him to come and make some runs, but he again gave it away. With Harris coming in next game and Umar not keeping anymore, his utility for the team is not much. Who should be dropped b/w him and Maqsood, looking at the amount of apportunites Umar had and his mode of dismissals, I will try Maqsood. May be Maqsood learn and improve.

21. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    Firdous Ashiq Awan is spot on

22. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    It would be idiotic to take a single when you know that 5 dot balls will be played. No one gets out intentionally but lets not under estimate the run scoring, run rate pressure, manly risk taking pressure which Misbah puts his batting partners under.

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  24. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    pata nahi kiya haal karega batting ka umar akmal jab Younus aur Misbah nahi honge to!!

25. ToolKit

ToolKit Youngsta Beauty

May 22, 2014
    how can Younis be a team man when he threatens to retire from tests if he isn't picked in odis?
    How can Younis be a team man when he admits young players are better than him but still thinks he deserves 'to go out on a high'

26. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013

He is already one of the best #6 batsman in the history on ODI cricket. I have shown you that many times.

27. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    What's Younis' impact on the team this wc since he's played like absolute crap?

28. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Lol Umar will be just fine when Misbah and Younis are gone.

29. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
  30. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Should be dropped after world cup.. he had 25+ overs today. . Batted at number 4. Cant even use the excuse of batting at lower position..

This is the story of his life.. one world class inning followed by 10 failures.

31. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Where is XYZ, I've been saying this for a while. Has all the talent in the world but no dimagh

32. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Needs to go back to domestic. Akmal and Sohaib should be competing for one spot. Fawad should come in for Akmal and Hafeez back for Misbah. Babar Azam for Shahzad.

33. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010

Team after WC as i see it
    1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Sarfaraz
    3. Harris Sohail
    4. Azhar Ali
    5. Fawad Alam (C)
    6. Sohaib Maqsood
    7. Yasir Shah
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Sohail Khan
    10. Ajmal
    11. Irfan

34. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Another day another XI :clap

35. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Needs to be dropped for good

36. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Look at his average.. almost same as Younis now. He is another afridi. .. but afridi had silky hair to retain his place for so long.. .. umer doesnt posses that either

37. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    ** baqwaas player. Kick him out along with Shehzad afridi yk and Nasir

38. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Azhar Ali is a must. We need tuk tuk.

39. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Only if we had Fawad Alam in his place.

40. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Does this mean I could play for Pakistan because of my awesome silky hair too?