Underrated Football Players

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Bruce Wayne, Apr 17, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    From the Premier league's top 5 teams this season I'm going to name 1 player from each side who I believe are underrated amongst their own fans as well as worldwide.

Leicester: Danny Drinkwater.

Vardy and Mahrez have got assists and goals galore for the foxes and Kante has been subject to a move across pretty much every team in the country but the 1 player they have and who has been absolutely solid for them is Danny Drinkwater, A former Manchester United youth player who United could not give a chance to because they thought Gibson, Cleverly, Simpson and Morrison are going to get them another treble sometime soon and unsurprisingly just like Drinkwater none of them are at the club now but this Danny who is not Welbeck would surely start at the heart of the Old trafford as this season he has made more successful tackles in the league more than anyone in the opponents half - 61 and that statistic is amongst the top 10 midfielders in Europe.

Tottenham: Mousa Dembele

Alderweireld at the heart of defence has allowed nobody to go through onto goal and even then they have had Hugo Lloris who most would argue is the best goalkeeper in the league and then we have the young duo of Alli and Kane who have lit up North London this season by taking all the headlines but away from them is the man who goes by his business as quiet as ever. Alli's attacking attributes in midfield is unquestionable but defensively he is lucky to have Dembele bail him not every now and then but throughout the entire season. Out of 70 take ons this season Dembele has completed 61 and has one of the highest passing percentages within the league this season at 89%!

Manchester City: Nicolas Otamendi

This might be seen as a joke considering it was a big money move and he was ripped to shreds in the first half of the season but in 2016 he has been playing as good as that mighty beard of his is. Almost every week Nicolas Otamendi has found himself to have a new centre back partner this year but game after game he stands tall amongst all his CB pairings as amongst every City defender this season he has won the most Ariel duels, Interceptions, Take ons, Makes the most clearances and blocks. Out of the 14 clean sheets City have kept this season, 9 of them have came when Otamendi was playing.

Arsenal: Nacho Monreal

Experience is something which Arsenal players lack a lot but not this player even though seemingly all of his work rate goes unnoticed game after game and the 3 years he has been at the club. First of all Arsenal fans did you know you're bound to win 75% of your games whenever he plays this season, A stat which Wenger would take grave interest in because in the 8 drawn games Arsenal have had this season he did not play his unknown lucky charm in 5 of them. He has also won 45 out of 57 tackles this season and that is the best amongst all the players at the club this season, Arsenal fans rave over Laurent Koscienlny and adore Bellerin more than anything but perhaps their attention should start falling on Monreal.

Manchester United: Daley Blind

Louis Van Gaal has spent over £250 million and signing 13 players later the man who commanded the least transfer fee out of all of them has made the biggest and best impact United fans could think off and he had saved them even more money as the Dutchman was preferred to start at the left side of centre back instead of the club purchasing a new one. Blind is the jack of all trades, Although he may not be the master at any of them he is still in contention as a player of the year for Manchester United. Blind has filled in at left back, defensive midfield and mostly at centre back this season as Chris Smalling's partner and regularly finds himself as the man who has completed the most passes and created the most chances from his team all from centre half! Without him United would not have kept 16 clean sheets this season which is the most in the league.

2. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    clarence "the beast" seedorf, technical master, quick mind, built like an ox and a cool guy to boot. one of my favourite players from back in the day, dont watch football much anymore.

[​IMG]

guess every day is leg day

[​IMG]

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Not convinced with what i have seen of him but as you said in recent months he may have shown signs of improvement and started to adapt to a new league.

Agree Blind being able to play in many positions has helped us save a bit of face this season. Would rather he played in his natural position but its always good to have someone who can adapt in a time of need.

Absolute beast he was. Back when i used to play pro evo, he used to be one of my first picks.

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Otamendi was not the one underrated, his CB partner Mustafi was and still is.

But Otamendi was the one who got all the hype.

5. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Niko Kranjcar was underrated

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Eider gudjohsen.

Oh my who remembers that bicycle kick he scored

7. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    He's playing here in Norway now lol

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    How the tables can turn

9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    He's 38 though. Just here for the fun.

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Makes sense . Enjoy this

11. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Van der Vaart was and is underrated I thought.

If we go back a few years more then I'd say the likes of Robbie Keane and Damien Duff were also underrated (biased I know).

Latter was a key part of Chelsea's midfield in the early Abramovich days and has 2 Premier League medals. Former might be past it now but still has more international goals than any player still playing IIRC. 126 goals in 349 Premier League games too.

Defoe as well doesnt get enough credit, has always banged in the goals.

12. Markhor

Markhor Talented

May 9, 2010
    Didi Hamann goes under the radar. Not the quickest or most explosive, but great reader of the game, good at nicking the ball off the opposition's toes and thinking two steps ahead. Key part of the treble season in 2001.

As for now, for all the Twitter mockery he gets about being "boring" - James Milner is a model pro. I see why Pellegrini kept picking him. Hard working and has 11 assists this season - the highest number in the league. Good cross on him. Just keep away from taking corners.

13. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014