Upcoming Pakistani Movies : [Mega Thread] The Legend of Maula Jatt - First Look - Upt # 97.

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Keyboardwarrior, May 25, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    production values may have imroved, but the stories are still all over the place. dont see who these are targeted at. also theres too much dialogue, its like a drama or theatre, pakistani film makers need to be bold and take the less is more approach.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    JPNA 2 makes history in the film industry of Pakistan

ISLAMABAD - Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2 has made historical record in Pakistan.

PNA 2 has become the first ever Pakistani movie to accumulate massive Rs 50 crore revenue in Pakistan.

With its powerful wit and exceptional storyline, along with the presence of flawless superstars in the ensemble cast, JPNA2 has managed to garner a whopping Rs 66.8 Crore worldwide.

JPNA2 is the only Pakistani flick to incorporate all the A-list artistes like Humayun Saeed, Ahmed Ali Butt, Fahad Mustafa, Vasay Chaudhry, Mawra Hocane, Sarwat Gillani, Kubra Khan, along with the B’ town sensations like Kanwaljit Singh, Shehzad Khan and the stunning, Sara Loren.

https://timesofislamabad.com/29-Oct...tm_source=push-notification&utm_medium=direct

3. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    i watched JPNA 2 and it was a very funny and entertaining family comedy. it was clear that the dialogue writing and situational comedy was worked on.

i wont say it is easy to make comedy movies, but it is easier to manage comedy movies. they now need to start making a much tougher genre. Also, it is not just about acting and directing, they need to start training pakistanis to do all the nitty gritty work they get it done by the goras.

the industry has now learned to make movies again, this eid there were 4 pakistani movies released and there was NO indian movie on show.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Also, if I am not mistaken than most of Pakistani movies are doing really good, not only in Pakistan but also wherever they're released. So its a good sign, because it will generate employment for many, that's the way I see it.

5. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    JPNA 2, Parvaaz Hai Junoon both were good in their own way.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Have you seen the 2nd one?

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    In recent times I have seen War, operation 021, yalghaar, Maalik, JPNA 1, punjab nahi jaungi, Bin Roye, jalebi and Karachi se Lahore.

Everytime I see a new movies, it seems better then previous one.

Now looking forward to see na maloom afraad 2, Teefa in trouble, JPNA 2 and Parvaaz Hai Junoon

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I dont know why Project Ghazi was never released.

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  10. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    No idea.

i heard they are making maula jutt with fawad khan, looking forward to that.

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Yup, I heard about it too. I reckon it will be released in come Dec.

12. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    i have seen the trailer before looks promising but the stunts look a little off ofcourse the comparison would be hollywood movies. maybe they are trying to fine tune it.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Bro, I think they're moving in the right direction. Of course it will take some time, but as long as they make progress I am okay with it.

14. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Not heard about it. Is this similar to Shaan's Yalgaar released last year?

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Not sure, but looks a good one. Check its promo in post # 88.

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    'Cake', 'Salam' win respective categories at South Asian Film Festival

Asim Abbasi’s critically-acclaimed family drama, Cake and a biopic on the Nobel Prize Laureate Abdus Salam, Salam, have won awards at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal.

The Aamina Sheikh, Sanam Saeed-starrer won the Best Feature Fiction while Salam won Best Feature Documentary. The festival announced the news on Facebook.

“Many thanks to you the audience who come out to support the festival and its films!” the post read.

[​IMG]
    SCREENGRAB

“For audience favourite best feature, the winner is CAKE The Film, the Oscar nominee from Pakistan. For audience favourite Best Documentary Feature the winner is SALAM – the film about the first Pakistani ****** Nobel Laureate,” it further stated.

The Pakistani Academy Selection Committee, chaired by two-time Academy Award and Emmy-winning documentarian Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, has selected Cake to be submitted for Oscar consideration in the ‘Foreign Language Film Award’ category at the 91st Academy Awards.

Forgotten but not forgiven: Documenting Abdus Salam

“We are excited to continue the tradition of sending films from Pakistan in the foreign language cateorgy of the academy awards! Each year, the submissions become stronger and we are keeping our fingers crossed that one of these days we will come away with a golden statue!” the Saving Face director told The Express Tribune.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will choose the final nominees for all award categories, including Best Foreign Language Film, in January 2019.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/184161...pective-categories-south-asian-film-festival/

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    The trailer just released and it looks awesome.

18. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Looks very good.

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  20. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    From what I could see

Fawad Khan
    Mahira Khan
    Hamza Ali Abbasi
    Humaima Malick

a lot of big names

21. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    ok cinematically it looks great. pakistani cinema has got alot better in last few years. bilal lashari's waar was a good experience. this will be a similar experience imo if not better. i am definitely watching this in cinema. when is this releasing?!

but this is not the original maula jutt character appearance nor the original noori nath appearance.

22. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    The trailer is good but I was expecting more from the characters. Apart from the acting, the appearance matters big time here. When you think of Maula Jutt and Noori, you think of two badass, fearless and ferocious Punjabi men. You think of two guys who must be eating a dozen raw eggs, kilos of desi makhan and half a cow with 7-8 desi ghee ke parathay in their lunch.

Fawad and Hamza don't look intimidating much... the characters of Maula Jutt and Noori Nath are iconic and were played by two legendary actors of Pakistani cinema. The hype in the last couple of years around this film and the articles suggested that Fawad and Hamza went under body transformation to play the characters but that doesn't look true at all now. So lets see if they can pull it off through their acting.

Btw, I seriously believe that I have never ever seen a better villain in a movie than Noori Nath. The dialogue delivery is just immaculate...

23. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    looks great from the trailer, but my problem hasnt been with production values, its the story, the script that id be more interested in. also seemed very roman in its set up.

on a side note pakistan has a lot of pretty actresses, whether they are classy or trashy is another matter, they are rarely hard on the eyes tho.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Was the 1979 one that good? lol, laughed right through it, at the end, lol, it’s just said to be good because it’s the only film they made perhaps.

It’s a disgrace and frankly I don’t have time for such balderdash.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  25. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Stick to your pogo :3

26. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I must say that Lashari's Waar was very much good on production quality but it had a very flawed script. It was a commercially successful film but tbh it wasn't that good story-wise

27. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Lol, I don’t do pogo, and it wasn’t that good of a film.

28. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I never heard of Salam. would love to see this one. Not accepting Abdus Salam is a tragedy.

29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Wondering if anybody has seen this new PAF movie Sher Dil? Seems to have a lot more dogfight action than "Parvaaz Hai Junoon"

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Found another good one "Project Ghazi"

31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And two more ...

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And some more, Pakistani film industry is on a roll it seems.

33. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  34. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Laal Kabootar reviews are mixed despite the hype around it. Haven't watched it yet.

35. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Are we talking about adnan sami...
    I think its safe to say hes a traitor. The guy supports a hostile power, he has sworn fealty to india. His words and actions are contrary to pakistani intrests.

36. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I am going to watch it over the weekend, people have recommended it.

Overall the movie business has kick started thanks to the cinema culture being back. Investors will invest money in something which will give them profits, plus show biz glam is an added advantage. I read somewhere Ali zafar's movie completed doing 50 crore business. So that gives you an idea as to how much money movies can make. They already have a great base setup thanks to the drama industry. Pakistanis should now focus on releasing their films in middle east, uk and north american markets since that will make them bonus money. They should take advantage of the indian cinemas already setup by the indians abroad, and target market captured.

37. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Released just at the right time to make money :D

38. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Project Ghazi is airing currently in the ME, which is good. Need to have some presence here as you rightly mention.

39. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    lol, indeed.

40. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I am actually quite amazed that big players are not entering the pakistani market to make more and more cinemas. movie business is done by cinema owners, not filmakers.

although, the trend is changing thanks to the netflix and amazons.