Vent your frustration thread.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Temptation*, Aug 29, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Temptation*

Temptation* Youngsta Beauty

Mar 18, 2010
    I know there's a thread already on this entire issue, but I feel awful after reading this entire article:

Cricket in the dock as we expose betting scandal | England Pakistan Test | News Of The World

I really don't know what to say. Going on for freakin' years? 2 years, 7 years? they're forced to do it, they're paid peanuts? these players don't just trust anyone with this business? "the cheats deliver"? Holy cow.

A part of me says this isn't true, but all the evidences of money being found from their hotel rooms (Geo reported that), then someone with a green track suit being arrested or whatever it was by the police, all these articles, the videos, can it all be just a farce?

One of the things I've absolutely loved in my life till this day - cricket. We've all supported this team through thick and thin and there is not a single tour where this team doesn't create some sort of shocking controversy, but something as dreadful as this breaks my heart. Feels like we as fans have been betrayed by this team.

(You guys could vent your frustration about anything here really, currently in regards to all of this current situation).

2. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Going by the NOTW report the following matches have been fixed in past couple of years.

Sri Lanka vs Pakistan, Asia cup

Australia vs Pakistan second test, Sydney

England vs Pakistan fourth test, Lord’s.

All the more surprising is that Sulman Butt was supposed to bowl a maiden over during the Oval test but, however on the day it was cancelled. Furthermore Majeed alleges Pakistan will at least loose two ODI.

These players have failed their country which at the moment is going through its worst crisis. It only worsens the image of Pakistan in England.

And for this match fixing saga I won't be attending tomorrow.

3. Temptation*

Temptation* Youngsta Beauty

Mar 18, 2010
    ^ Damn

The play will resume tomorrow (unless they plan otherwise later on), will any one of you watch tomorrow's game?

4. nazimcricket

nazimcricket Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    Only player I'm upset about being involved is Aamir. Couldn't care less about the others. Maybe we'll end up with a cricket team in future that plays to win.

5. Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar Emerging Player

Mar 18, 2010
    there need not be any frustration. this is a time for action.

1) Pakistan should stop playing cricket until all the guilty players are caught and punished. no Pak team should play until there is a comprehensive investigation by someone with a good reputation like Majid Khan, etc.

2) all those found guilty should be banned for life from any kind of cricket. their records from cricket should be erased. their assets should be confiscated. and they should be jailed.

3) all the old cases from the 90s should be investigated and all they should meet the same fate as the current lot. the wrongs of the past must be corrected. if the players from the 90s had been punished and kicked out of the team, today's kids might have been deterred. but we did not make an example out of the match fixers of the 90s and 10 years later we're back to square one.

so go back and punish the guys from the 90s.

6. arrehman

arrehman Youngsta Beauty

Apr 23, 2010
    More importantly now we understand that why first over or two in T20 are near to maiden in a match being opened by Butt and Akmal, do u guys remember the semifinal of T20 with Australia