[VIDEO] Aaqib Javed Interview: who amazed on Team selection in South Africa.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 11, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Some quotes:

"Shah is wicket taking bowler, the bowler who took fastest 200 wicket and they dropped him. And they replaced him with Shabad, because he can make 20 runs"

"Faheem is good player but he's T20 player"

"Fakhar, Faheem, Shadab and Hassan are all T20 players"

"Where are your Test bowlers who can take 20 wickets?"

"All-rounders can't win you game, because they can't take 20 wickets"

"They dropped Amir and then selected him again, I dont know based on what"

"It was too early to play Shaheen in Test. Within 2 month he is your strike bowler, how is it possible?"

"There was too much emphasis on YO-YO test, they excluded many players because of this YO-YO test"

"Why 4/5 players have knee problem? There must be something wrong in training method or somewhere else"

"Amis is not threatening at all, he's just a average medium pace bowler"

"In last test, our ODI team is playing"

"We have issue in our batting, and we added 2 all-rounders"

"I saw fear in the eye of Amir and our tailenders, due to pace and short pitch bowling of SA"

"You need to have 4 bowlers to get 20 wickets, all-rounders can't get you 20 wickets"

"Gibbs must be thinking that he should be playing today to face this toothless bowling of Pakistan, because he used to face Wasim, Waqar etc"

"Pakistan dropped only world-class bowler we had"

"Pakistan always had 2/3 top world class bowlers, but 120, 124, 130 is bowling speed of our bowlers now"

"SA bowlers get bounce, they have pace of 145+ and they have right combination"

"Pakistan always had bowlers with good pace, but now we dont have even a single pacer to bowl consistently over 145"

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Who cares about Hershalle Gibbs lol I don’t even know he is.

3. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    He is South African Kojak.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    I agree with him. You can't drop your best bowler. Imagine what message are you sending across to him and how will this effect his confidence.

5. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Sarfaraz & Mickey is a failed combo.

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    I am a little curious about Yasir Shah's 200 fastest wickets.

Not trying to take anything away from him but just wondering how many of those 200 wickets were taken in South Africa and outside South Africa? And would that give us an indication that wicket and pitch conditions matter to a bowler's ability to be effective with the same potency or not, everywhere in the world?

7. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    As I see it Sarfraz is main culprit, he’s using Yasir wrong, Mickey who doesn’t know much about spinners then thinks he’s not doing much on these wickets or is incapable but Yasir is a top bowler.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yasir had never played a test in SA before this series. This was his first experience of SA pitches. So will you drop your best bowler after 2 tests in a particular country or will you give him confidence and at least a full series and tell him and back him that you can do better?

As for people saying that he is only good in UAE. Go and check Warne's record in Australia and Murli's record in SL. Murli had 493 wickets in SL out of 800 and Warne had 319 wickets out 708 in Australia. So what if Yasir has majority of his wickets in home condition. It's not a bad thing at all. Imagine what would be our record at home if Yasir was not there. Murli took just 12 in Australia out of 800. Warne took just 34 wickets in India in 9 tests in a time when India was spinner's paradise.

9. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    So in Shah's defense he has no experience of bowling in SA before. Inline is his match by mach list.

Only played 4 games in Eng and apart from Lords, it was below par. Took 19 wickets in 8 innings.

He stats in WI are not bad, took 25 wickets in 6 innings.

He almost doesn't exist in NZ and the less said about his stats in AUS is the better. Played 3 Test and only able to take 8 wickets.

upload_2019-1-11_13-1-52.png

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    His captains also are 75% to blame for them stats especially Misbah in Australia, went there so everybody can make fun of us.

11. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, and when you give the following field then why on earth do you expect a leggie to take wickets?

12. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    He’s right but that’s rich coming from him. He single handed destroyed much of our pace bowling talent because he read a book about body and foot alignment.

He changes the bowling action of so many of his charges reducing them to trundlers and then says this? Idiot

13. Sultan Yusuf

Sep 1, 2010
    And as for Yasir - he deserved to be dropped. He’s done absolute zero here. As I’ve said, remember mushy - he won matches in England, South Africa and Australia!

Yasir hasn’t put a shift in at all.

I’m not saying he’s rubbish, just he’s not one of those great bowlers

14. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    And Mushy was a great bowler?

Have a look at Mushy's record at home too while you are at it.

15. Sultan Yusuf

Sep 1, 2010
    Records aren’t everything - they play a part but so do overseas performances

And he was a lot better to watch.

Yasir has been fortunate that a lot of these non Asian teams are playing so poorly in Asia. England made Abdul Rehman look like murali in 2012!

16. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Maybe he looked better to you to watch. But he was no way near as good as Yasir is. Records speaks for itself.

17. Sultan Yusuf

Sep 1, 2010
    Lol - yaar get over the regional bias.

Mushy was a magician! His prime wasn’t very long and he had a lot of competition with other great bowlers.

Yasir is good but he would be average in another era.

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    You also get over this era bias. You seems to be stuck in the 90's.

19. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    im a big yasir fan but i have no problem with him being dropped. when the home team dont play a spinner thats a huge thing.

his record in the southern hemisphere is poor, and whilst that is partially to blame on captains, hes got 200 test wickets, he should set his own fields, have his own plans.

whilst id like to see him under a captain who aint scared of conceding some runs i have no problem with playing the shadab fahim combo.

20. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, I found it baffling too coming from him, when he modified bowling action of many bowlers to turn them into certified trundler - the first name comes in mind is Anwar Ali.

21. Sultan Yusuf

Sep 1, 2010
    Ok so I should be happy with medium pace trundlers and spinners who don’t turn the ball?

22. Sultan Yusuf

Sep 1, 2010
    Exactly - there’s been quite a few. Even recently he destroyed Ghulam mudassar