[VIDEO] Babar & Hassan are our key players: Sarfaraz Ahmed Interview

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    QG won PSL this time, we came close in the past but we won this time

We are preparing for WC since 1.5 years

We had to try few players, thought results werent good, but we wanted to check suitability of
    some players for 2-3 slots for the World Cup squad which we did

On diet and fitness:
    I dont know abou other players, but tell you hoesntly, I am very fond of eating. However, when fitness test is about to come or preparing for tour, I try to reduce quantity

You can eat briyani but with less quantity

I love to eat, Briyani, Sheer Maal and Quorma

On series against AUS:
    We wanted to test few players for opening and fast bowling slots, we were looking for 1-2 players [slots]

Mohammad Hasnain is a good prospect, which is why we put him in the side against AUS

We did the same with Shaheen Shah Afrid in the last PSL and we put Hasnain as an emerging player in the Pakistan side

Hasnain showed that he has the capability to become a good fast-bowler

He played with me for QG during the PSL and the way he bowled in pressure games, he showed that he has talent and can do well for Pakistan

Our key players are Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali and Shaheen Shah Afridi; these are the kinds of players, including myself, these are the players who can perform well in WC

We rested 6 players, who are automatic choice, Hafeez bhai had injury thats why he missed the series.

I am trying hard to speak slowly, I am practicing a lot about this as a lot of people have pointed that issue to me

On series against ENG:
    We have about 10 games before the World Cup so that will be a good opportunity to practice for the players we asked to rest. Regardless of result, we will try to adjust with condition and weather in ENG

On Mickey:
    I have a very good relationship with Mickey Arthur and he tells me to focus more on the team and I will handle the rest

Mickey comes to the forefront so that the team and captain can focus on their game

All outside pressures are tackled by Mickey, whilst I take care of issues inside the ground

We are where we are is because of our parents prayers. Our families are also under too much presure along with us

The time when I was captaining U-19s was a time of my youth, and there is a big difference in being captain at U-19 and the national team

Its not easy being captain for any country, and especially so when talking about Asian sides. In other counties it differnet but in Asia if you lose one or two series, then you're in hot water

I never feel or make others feel that I am special because I am captain; I only realize that when people give me respect

Dont have many friends, I only have a school friend and usually go to see him

Biryani can be of any type but the meat & masala both should be good in it

On Openers:
    Its very important for the openers to score runs earlier on, similarly strike bowlers need to take wickets

If we want to perform well, than these are two areas we must have to perform well

In every team, top 3 players lay the foundation of the team, similarly your opening fast bowlers will make momentum of the game

Our openers are Fakhar and Imam, we depend on them a lot
    I am very hopeful that these two will perform well for Pakistan in the World Cup

On Hafeez:
    Mohammad Hafeez is a key player, alongside Shoaib Malik and we will try and make as much use of their experience as possible

I have been captain for 1 or 1.5 year and I got all young boys, except these two. Some of them had debut with or close to me

I yell on players and they realize it, because its for their own good and benifical for the team as well

I have this habbit, those who have followed me from U15/17/19 days know that this is how I captain the side and play as well; it doesnt matter if its a club game, PSL match or a Pakistan game

Most of our players are young so its important to guide them

In the PSL, Hasan Ali bowled really well and once of twice when I faced him, he did not allow me to hit out

Hasan Ali is our key bowler and the way he has shown his commitment by becoming the best bowler in PSL, I am sure that he will perform very well for Pakistan in the World Cup

Babar Azam is our key batsmen and he is also my favourite player, Fakhar's record in CT was excellent, Imam & Harris are in good form

What has happened has happened but what I would like to request the Pakistani nation to pray for us

We will do our utmost and perform beyond our capabilities and try and perform well in the World Cup

https://videos.arynews.tv/exclusive-interview-of-sarfaraz-ahmed-with-arynews/

2. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Mashallah, then these are skipper eating and fitness habits then what kind of influence he will put on his players.

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    And he only tries to get in shape for test.

Is this not cheating when you dont care all year and just get ready for fitness test before series ? Bizarre thinking

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I got all my answers for his potbelly today bro.

No wonder he looks overweight and rusty when comes back, because he chill during the break and becomes Briyani, Sheer Maal and Quorma monster.

5. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    An overweight keeper will always find it hard to keep his place in the side, don't see him playing for a long time for Pak after the WC

6. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    Talk about taking things for granted.
    Cricket in terms of fitness has evolved the most in sports because it was lagging behind the most.
    We see players and get inspired to be fit, e.g Kohli etc
    And here we have our national team captain telling everybody the oily, unhealthy food he loves and also shares how he cheats and passes fitness tests.

7. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    keeping yourself fit should be a life long goal esp for a professional athlete.... not just to pass a fitness test

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if 15 years later we get to read in someone's biography that how the yoyo test results used to be rigged in some players' favour during Arthur's tenure