1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

[VIDEO] Bumrah is a baby bowler in front of me, I could have easily dominated & attacked him: Razzaq

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Dec 4, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    After having faced world class bowlers in my time, I would have had no problem against a bowler like Bumrah. Pressure would have been on him. I have played against great bowlers like Glenn Mcgrath and Wasim Akram, so Bumrah is a baby bowler in front of me and I could have easily dominated and attacked him.

I would add that Bumrah is doing very well and has improved a lot. He has an awkward action and hits the seam perfectly which is why he is effective.

The eye to pick the right talent is missing. You can’t select a player for Test cricket based on just few performances or because Naseem Shah troubled Azhar Ali in the nets. It can destroy a cricketer’s career if you select him before he deserves a chance. That’s why players like Hasan Ali are nowhere to be seen and we struggled in Australia.

We were struggling to qualify for the World Cup, our Test ranking has gone down and we are lucky to be number one in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is. You can’t say we are number one because we are really good. Teams like India, England and Australia lost their matches and that helped us in securing the number one spot.

We desperately need to improve our ranking in other formats and not just focus on player’s individual performances and averages.

Coaching is my passion and I want to work with cricketers in the field and improve their basics. I want to groom the Under-19 cricketers, which is why I applied for a job with the PCB. However, the board had other plans and said that they don’t require my services right now. If I get an opportunity to work with PCB in future, I am confident I can produce players for Pakistan.

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
  3. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
    Wasn't he begging the BCCI barely months ago for a coaching stint? Shameless individual.

4. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    What a seriously shity statement to make. Bumrah has had an extraordinary start to his career so far whereas beyond the occasional sparkle Razzaq was mostly ordinary.

Some humility, modesty and appreciation should be shown by him

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    100% agree with the champ

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Bumrah not the same since Razzaq made this statement. Totally gone out of form.

7. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    It's just that his hormones activate that attention seeking teenage girl inside him when he starts feeling irrelevant and craves for some footage.

8. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Champ could see it far away, he called this fluke bowler out first. amazing

9. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Fauji did a strategic strike inside Bumrahs head

10. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    what happened with bumrah?

11. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Bumrah is getting found out in the ODI format it seems. His average has slipped to 24, worrying signs for India.

12. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He was bowling very well in the Caribbean. You know when he learnt how to swing the ball both ways he became deadly because he's a natural seam bowler not a swing bowler. If you guys remember when we played India in the world cup he was seeming the ball away from our openers. I haven't watched him but if he still has that swing on him one poor series is not going to hurt him.

Maybe his lack of aggression is hurting him...