[VIDEO]Hasan Ali celebrates birthday after thrashing by Australia

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 3, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    ^^^ this is bound to happen when you play for cricket without emotions.

I know we have been no.1 in this format, but there is no justification of this celebration after today's game.

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He’s gonna get dropped, nothing special about him, he’ll be lucky to be another Umar Gul.

4. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Lol at this thread so much

5. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Cornered Tiger

Oct 6, 2014
    Was he supposed to mourn?
    It's not as if we lost a world cup game

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Nice, good to know that its not just the players but fans too dont feel bad after a humiliating defeat - cool.

Losing a game is one thing and getting trashed is another.

7. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    How do you know the players aren't cheering him up and celebrating after being depressed about a loss. Looking to up morale? Why does it always have to be something negative.

Such BS. Stop always assuming the worst about other people.

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Are you mad, have you seen the video? I don't see anybody depressed or ashamed after what happened today.

Its not about being negative, point is when you get trashed after being no.1 side in this format, whats the point of uploading such videos on social media? What message it sent?

In life not everything is positive or negative, there are thing which you have to take serious and react after certain even accordingly. But it is becoming our habit to celebrate after losing games, first it was Shafiq who had his BD celebrated in AUS and now Hassan.

9. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Lol yes, please tell me how the entire team is feeling over a period of 24 hours after the game from a 20 second clip.

This is such a dirty mindset to have - they are players and they are humans at the end of the day. It's his birthday and I don't see anything wrong with them celebrating. What do you want them to do? Sit around sulking together? Crying and making dua?

Jesus man, get over it.

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Oh come on its just a mickey mouse game of T20 not a World Cup final.

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    do u not celebrate your birthday after a bad day at work.

12. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    This is wastage of resources, to be honest. I dont like such celebrations.

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Wastage of resources?
    Its not like the team management was carrying the cake in tour inventory... or its gonna go broke during the tour buying one cake from their petty cash

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    it was for his birthday, take a chill pill

15. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    so you want all the players to start recording tapes ?

16. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It’s best he celebrates his birthdays these days as he won’t be celebrating many more Birthdays with the Pakistani team.

17. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Shukar you are not a selector

18. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Lads are aloud to have fun. I don’t have an issue with this.

19. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Inzi isn’t stupid, for how long will Hassan run?

20. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    What do you have against him?

21. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    They can have a party after every win or lose, I don't care, they can celebrate their own, their son's, daughter's, wife's, sibling's, parent's, friend's, relative's or neighbor's birthday - no issues, but what is the point of uploading such videos? What it was necessary to upload such videos? What message does it broadcast? Hypothetically speaking, that game against Aussies was meaningless, maybe, but was the Test match against the same opposition was also meaningless when Shafiq celebrated his birthday after we lost at Brisbane? Maybe for you it was but certainly not for me.

What I hate is this attitude and mindset, I don't think in days when Majid Khan, Imran Khan and Javed Miandad were skipper players used to celebrate BD's after losing the game, so why now?

@iZeeshan I never said that they should cray and make dua, but at least they can gear up for next game, plan better strategy and sit with the analyst to understand where they went wrong and learn from their mistakes.

Its more about having serious attitude towards the games, rather than taking a chill pill. Today, they celebrate after a "meaningless" game, tomorrow don't be shocked or cry if this happens in knockout stage.

Again, they can celebrate or party as much as they want, but there is no need to upload it online.

22. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Their social life isn’t linked with their professional career. They can post whatever they want

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sorry but this isnt true in case of when we lose a game.

The problem is these day every Tom, Harry and his dog has access to social media.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Don’t you know that they are Shodas, bit of fame and they cannot handle it and now we are seeing what he is truly made up of.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe, maybe not and I dont care to be honest if he's a 'Shoda' or not. All I need is more serious approach towards a game. When you skipper doesnt like how you bowled, after a trashing, how could you upload such video pretending everything is hunky dory?

Like as I said, we didn't have this culture and mindset when Majid Khan, Imran Khan and Javed Miandad were skipper so what has changed? Why have we started celebrating after a lose, doesn't matter if its in a dead rubber or in a meaningless game.

Today this is acceptable and tomorrow a party will also be acceptable after a lose in elimination as well.

26. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    You are making so many assumptions because you think you know what this video means and apparently its giving you insight into how much these guys care about the team and the sport and blah blah. I'm telling you straight up that you are wrong. Stop reading so much into these things. You have zero idea what conversations they had post game, how they felt, and what the reaction was. You don't know much they practice or how bad they felt. So excuse me if they take 15 mins to be happy and celebrate something momentous (100 runs or a birthday, since they're without their families half the year anyway).

You also have zero idea about how hard it is to be a professional cricketer and what its like to not be with your family all the time or what its like to practice drills in the sun all day. Get over yourself and remember that professional cricketers are also humans with families and aspirations and emotions and depression just like us,.

27. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am not making any assumption at all neither I am wrong, video is self explanatory. Like as I said, I don't have any issue whatever they do after the game, they can party all day all night after a lose I am fine, but such videos give absolute wrong message - you can't see its not my problem.

The way I am seeing its a clear shirt in mindset, like as I said above, why we didn't have this culture and mindset when Majid Khan, Imran Khan and Javed Miandad were skipper?

Earlier it was Shafiq who had 15 minutes to be happy after we lost at Brisbane and now this. I am certain there will be more and more '15 mins to be happy' moments in coming days, because apparently its becoming the culture.

28. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Lmao dude you are out of your mind. How are you going to tell me you know about the inner workings of the times and what happens after the match and between matches. You're saying that they should be sitting planning strategy, not celebrating birthdays, how do you know that's not already happening?

We live in a digital world, these things are natural. The world doesn't stop - birthdays, milestones, family events - because the team lost a match. You're 100% making assumptions man, unless you don't know what the word means. How do you know what Majid, Imran, and Javed used to do during their days? We have zero insight because that wasn't a digital world. For all we know, they used to go out for drinks after a loss. Would you be okay with that? They just didn't have Instagram to share it.

29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Where have I said that I know what happens after the match and between matches? Don't make up things and put words in my mouth. All I am saying is that such videos sent wrong message after a lose, what's so difficult in it to understand?

Where have I said they shouldn't celebrate his BD ( even though birthdays aren't really that important after a certain age, are they like 6/7/8?)? I have said it nth time I don't care, but I have issue with this mindset of "celebration" after a lose.

Indeed we live in a digital world, and that's why I said every Tom, Harry and his dog has access to things which they shouldn't, because they're clearly not capable of handling it.

And you're right, they're professional and human like us, but not like cricket is something they do in their free time , they are representing their country and get tons of money and perks in return.

Last but not the least, I dont think anybody would mind the following under any circumstances.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  30. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Give him a break, it was his birthday. Not exactly an occasion for maatam. Losses are a part of the game, you cannot win everything.

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    So if someone wants to celebrate something personal after losing some ordinary useless not so important match then its wrong but it’s alright if someone mourn after winning a ordinary useless not so important match. Is this your logic ?

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Do you have some comprehension problem? I have said numerous time what I had to - refer to #29

33. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Hey @Del english cricket players were celebrating their win against columbia after losing their game to India. Shame on them amarite

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Good attempt of troll.

35. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Who cares about playing India, this match only comes once in twelve years.

36. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    @Del what if they post the video but also game plan for the next match? I don't think the video being posted or the celebration will affect how they perform/ game plan

37. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014

you two will grow up to be just fine desi wives

38. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Game plan aside, I have been emphasizing more on mindset, which is well documented in all the post in this tread.

39. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    If taking thing more seriously in life will make me to that route, then sure.

40. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    now after winning the final if the bois share a sad story on their social media than OP will have a problem with that.