[VIDEO/PICTURES] Wahab Riaz vs Ahmad Shahzad

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by s_h_a_f, Feb 14, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Finally some action in PSL lol

2. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    Here's a video and pictures of what happened

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
  4. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    This is why a batsman who got out shouldn't stick around.

5. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014

Here's the other angle, without the space between h and t.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  6. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Could be in reaction to Shehzad liking a certain tweet about Wahab, maybe, or just typical fast bowlers response.

7. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    What tweet is that?

8. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Some fan girl one about Shehzad and Wahab, just go in his like section and you'll see it there.

I would upload it but can't from my phone.

9. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  10. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeah bro, not saying defo, but it's possible.

11. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    I think there may be something brewing behind the scenes between the two. Shehzad seems to be the kind of guy to rile a few with his antics and overall not be very conducive to team atmosphere.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

13. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    This is not good. This is another reason neither of these two can be our captains. Being Lahoris they were being tipped as future captains in the past

14. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    No way. The only possible candidates for the next captain are either Malik or Sarfraz. Mark my words the next captain will be either one of these two.

15. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Ahemd Shehzad should bring his girl troops on the act.

16. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Poor behavior that should be criticised and not celebrated. No need for it on a cricket field.

17. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    No big deal. This sort of stuff happens. Nothing to get too worked up about. Fine the lads and get on with the game.

18. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    I haven't seen many instances of pushing. Wahab should get a one match ban.

19. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    This happens mostly with Indians and Aussies. Remember the great representative - Sreesanth.

20. Questioner

Questioner Talented

Jul 1, 2013
    When they're not aggressive they still get criticised.

21. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    aggressive with bat or ball is fine, but this shit is not good.

22. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    People's biases clearly coming into play here. Wahab has done this before to M Nawaz and now getting heated with Shehzad. I agree there was a bit of provocation by Shehzad, but Wahab was way out of line.

23. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    That was entertaining... :D

24. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
  25. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Wahab kept walking up to him and celebrating to which Shahzad got rightfully irritated and pointed his bat towards him. That angered Wahab even more and said Kya Bola Tu and he squared up to him causing Shahzad to push him.

Wahab was at fault here, Shahzad was looking away with a grimace on his face and as he was walking off Wahab was up in his face. It is easy to blame Shahzad because of his attitude problems but he was not in the wrong. Nobody here would have walked away from that so meekly after being shouted at.

Like I said this is Wahab' second infarction, first involving Nawaz. Hence you can give Shahzad the benefit of the doubt as Wahab has already displayed galli type behaviour

26. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Bro I guarantee that if we knew Shezza in real life we'd want to beat the crap out of him. He is literally a keyboard warrior.

Wahab should not have laid hands on him and I hope he is fined heavily but there have been people posting tweets that Shezza has liked before and after this altercation and its clear what kind of mindset he has. He has used Social Media in the past against Azhar Ali and Waqar.

He's one of those people that we all know in real life who talks slick on social media but does it in a way that he has some sort of plausible deniability. I really hope he grows up fast. Some of the senior players need to put their arm around him and tell him real life is not likes on facebook or twitter.

27. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

Yeah I completely agree with this, he comes across as an immature, obnoxious and arrogant snob that would get under a lot of peoples skins and definitely not somebody I would like to associate with, know way too many people like this as it is. However that is what we see as we do not know the guy personally, Hanif Mohammad even recently said he was a nice boy and that he knows him personally. My only problem is that people are being very partial on this issue because they dislike his personality or him in general. People go as far as calling him talent less which is not true, he is one of our best batsmen and his statistics speak for themselves. It is like me calling Amir useless because I dislike what he did, I am only fooling myself. I may not agree with his actions but I cannot call him talent less because he has more talent in his baby finger than I ever will and same applies to Shahzad and his detractors.

Wahab did this to Nawaz too who is much younger than him and has not actually done anything to him. The fact that Wahab has been fined 40% of his match wages and Shahzad 30% shows who was at bigger fault.

Maybe he liked the tweet because they praised him for praising Umar Akmal? Did not think much of the picture at the bottom. He is a bit immature but he does not harm anybody on Twitter by posting ridiculous statuses or his own selfies. Each to their own, we all have a right to do whatever we want on our social media. If people do not like it they can simply just not look at his page.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  28. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    His statistics don't say anything positive. He has horrible LOI over stats for an opener. Osman Samiudin wrote an excellent piece about him being a contradiction.

He has the appearance, fanbase and friendships that deceive us into believing he is somewhat a modern flamboyant cricketer but his performances have been horrible mostly. A few flashy innings which are aberrations in a career that is more tuk tuk than Misbah & Azhar Ali. Look past the selfies and and 'aggression' and it is just like Osman says

Shehzad finds fielders so often it feels preternatural, as if he has trained all his life to become the exact opposite of Brian Lara

He has a bit of potential. After being dropped perhaps he has realised that unfortunately teenage girls on twitter aren't selectors and he has to actually perform to get in the side. He really needs some sort of guidance though from a senior player who has lived in the real world - offline.

29. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Idgaf, I liked it. Aggression & intimidation by fast bowlers is never enough for me.

30. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Not condoning Wahab's action at all, but what can Shehzad expect next time when he's liking posts like these?

Wahab went too far, nobody is arguing that, but the point is Shehzad is clearly provoking him off the field. It's not a case of 'don't look at his page' - Wahab is a team member, that too one of the teams main players, you can't go around liking utter rubbish about him under and reason/or excuse, you can't justify liking such tweets about team players whatsoever.

Yes Wahab has better ways of dealing with him and this issue - but when personal tweets as such are being liked, not sure Wahab is going to keep his cool. And truth be told, professionals or not, none of us here really would if a close mate was liking such tweets about us and then proceeds to agree with pretty personal ones.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  31. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    I didn't mind, but the push wasn't needed I feel.

As long as a quick bowler is up in a batsmans face and roaring, I feel it's enough.

32. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Absolute disgrace.

Should've got more than a push :p

33. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    The crap this guy is liking on twitter.

What a complete tosser.

34. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The reaction to this is way, way over the top.

I saw the whole thing live. Shahzad smashed Wahab for 6 off the first ball of the over. Then Wahab gets Shahzad out off the next ball and then starts giving him verbal, Shahzad doesn't stay quiet but starts walking off.

Wahab deliberately walks into Shahzad to the point that Shahzad has to physically push him out of the way, Wahab pushes back.

Then Shafiq very easily 'drags' Shahzad away from the situation. Shahzad took no convincing to get out of there.

PSL are just trying to push this to get some of the Wahab v Watson style fire associated with the PSL. It was nothing and if anyone is at fault here it's Wahab for walking into Shahzad.

35. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    That is exactly what happened too, Shahzad is going through a pretty bad patch, while most guys his age have their father to seek guidance from he does not even have that. People are spreading nonsense trying to make quite possibly one of the only people he looks up to turn against him by creating sensational headlines. The lad just got dropped from the squad and can no longer play in the world cup so he is trying to enjoy his game in the PSL. Wahab comes on to bowl and he smashes him for a six, Wahab gets him out and acts like a pleb. At the end of it everybody blames Shahzad because they hate the guy and not Wahab who has already done this to Nawaz. He obviously gains some respite in the fact that he has fans defending him on twitter too to counter all those saying negative things about him and I see nothing wrong with it. As a batsman you are fully entitled to lose your cool when somebody says something uncalled to you or squares up to you then it is your own decision whether you want to be the bigger man and look past it or revel in their defamation. I have lost my temper a few times while I have been batting but only because I have been forced to. There is aggression then there is somebody laying hands on you. Shahzad handled it well to be honest, I have seen people pick up stumps or hit the bowler with a bat because of their Jahilat. Which is an interesting story if anybody wants to hear it lol

@Donal Cozzie so if you hit one of the lads at the club for a six, then they got you out then squared up to you and pushed you, it would be entertaining?

36. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    For spectators yes it would be I'm sure.

Look, should Wahab have pushed or made contact with him? No, definitely not.

But the point is Shehzad is an eejit of the highest calibre and liked posts on social media that were derogatory towards Wahab and has done so in the past to teammates as well. He can have no complaints if they get angry at him. If getting a push or two is what it takes for him to get some common sense into his head maybe its necessary?

And if a bowler got fired up and started screaming after getting me out (lol as if my wicket is useful) I'd walk on by, he's the one who got me out I cant say jack can I? If anything Wahabs passion is somewhat understandable, getting smashed for six then cleaning someone up must give a hell of a rush. From what I saw he was celebrating with a bit of fire, nothing too aggressive, then Shehzad pointed his bat at him and walked towards him. People still talk about this guy like he's 16, he's 24 possibly older and married.

And your hypothetical example doesnt work anyway because I cant hit anyone for six.

Tell ya what, if I share a status by Mitch calling you a disgrace prior to a session, then you have my full permission to beat the hell out of me provided you bowl me.

Both were stupid at the end of the day.

37. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Only an idiot could blame Shahzad for what transpired today, there is no justification for it. And I say that as someone with a long post history of criticizing Shahzad, I am no fan of his. The only person who made this situation abusive and physical was Wahab. Giving a send off is one thing but what Wahab did was not a sendoff, it was physical abuse of a batsman. He initiated not verbal but physical contact which is unacceptable. Also this is not a one time thing, he was full of it a few days back with the way he treated Nawaz after getting him out. If Wahab wants to act this way, then he should do it while playing against another international team. Such abuse will not last one day, he will get serious push back, fines and a ban. All we have here is him bullying other players from Pakistan who can not match his antics.

38. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    There is probably some history to this and like others have mentioned maybe the Twitter thing fired up wahab more. Shezad shouldn't be liking such things about his teammates. Also who knows they might have been words/gaaliya exchanged earlier in the deliveries. Shezad got bowled and should have walked off. Instead he reacted to wahab's words/insult by waving his bat toward him. Fast bowlers are adrenaline hostile guys. Many a time bowlers will celebrate in batters face. The other day ahson adil shouted and celebrated in watsons face giving him a send off, I didn't see Watson wave his bat or talk anything, he just walked off with head down. Fact is once a bowler destroys your stumps he has won the battle and you rather walk off than retaliate to his insults. Only thing is wahab shouldn't have pushed him, squaring up is fine, even kamran did that to gambhir lol, as did Afridi to gambhir.

On a side note it is wonderful to see such a fiery hostile bowler playing for Pak, reminds you of the great Shoaib Akhtar. After him we haven't really had such pump.

39. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Liked seeing Wahab use around the wicket angle. Needs to do it every game.

40. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    Looks like fines have been issued. 40% of the match fee's for Wahab and 30% for Shehzad