[VIDEO] What we're seeing in the system is due to years of decay": Wasim Khan Press Conference

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Feb 10, 2019.

[VIDEO] What we're seeing in the system is due to years of decay": Wasim Khan Press Conference

by Del
Feb 10, 2019 at 8:42 PM
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "I was getting an opportunity in England to progress and also I was getting a [higher] salary but to support Pakistan cricket by coming here was a big passion of mine"

"I used to support Pakistan when they would play in England and I was in the stands when Pakistan won the CT in 2017 supporting Pakistan"

"My loyalty is with Pakistan - if I had wanted comfort and security, I would have stayed in England"

"For the me the opportunity is clear and in line with Ehsan Mani's vision about Domestic Cricket, we know that our performance is not good at the international level, especially in Tests"

"But the real problem we have is in grassroots level and that system which has been built over many many years and you dont break a system overnight"

"So our job is to check this system, do develop schools cricket, district cricket and make our domestic structure robust"

"I haven't looked at any strategy yet, but we should have a direction so that we can guide the staff and also speak to the media about it so first 3 months will be looking at strategy as we move forward"

"I cannot comment on what has already happened at the PCB"

"What I can say is that we will have a strategy for the next 5-10 years, but the work we will do now is not something that will finish in one year, this will take time"

"What we are seeing in the system is due to years and years of decay and nobody has taken any notice of whats gone on in domestic structure"

"What you see are seeing now [in terms of Pakistan's performances at the] international level is no surprise"

"Ehsan Mani has already been working hard to convince international teams to come to Pakistan; We want to bring Test cricket back to Pakistan and we want teams to be playing in Pakistan"

"We need to make sure that whatever security concerns those international teams have, we need to close those gaps"

"Pakistan is now ready to host international cricket and we are starved of international cricket"

"We need our youngsters to see our heroes playing here and not in the UAE or other parts of the world"

"I am going to Bangalore to discuss this issue with the World Cricket committee in March"

"There are political issues with clubs and I know how the voting system works at these club level"

Playing India : "Its a massive challenge and I dont think we will have a solution soon"

"We need to have some pride also when it comes to playing with India, we need to get to point when they will ask us to play them"

"Life goes on and its sad that we are not playing India but we need to carry on and move forward"

SAvsPAK.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      One of the highlights of his conference, such a refreshing mindset.

2. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
      IMO,
      There are some very powerful and super corrupt people placed in the executive level administration of PCB.
      Many of them are political based hiring, and they are friends and/or family members of MPAs and MNAs etc. There is an entire network of corruption and incompetence.

Even though I support Wasim Khan and would love to give him a fair chance but if I was him, I wouldn't bring my family to Pakistan just yet.

He might put them to risk of abduction, and may receive death threats when he tries to disrupt some of the corrupt elements in the top brass of PCB.

His other option is to come up with the best of the best strategies and great plans, but then hands them over to the traditional nalaiq and nikkammay current admins of PCB who will miserably fail to implement anything significant.

Without a great team, his plans may just not do anything.
      But lets hope for the best.

3. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
      "We need to have some pride also when it comes to playing with India, we need to get to point when they will ask us to play them"

Aah, Flashback 95 Sharjah stadium.

4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      We've heard similar sentiments before and it never goes anywhere. I'm only interested in their actions rather than their words.

5. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
      For what it's worth, it does seem different this time. I've heard a few of Wasim's interviews and he seems legit. Not the leechers we're used to. He comes from a very successful, professional background has the right ideas. I have hope.

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      I hope you're right but I prefer to wait for results.