Wahab Riaz's throat cutting celebration

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I haven't really been following cricket for a while but when did Wahab Riaz's throat cutting celebration start?

You had a row of Zalmi fans then copying the throat cut symbol repeatedly in the audience. It's really not an appropriate celebration at all.

Hasan Ali's explosion celebration is walking the line as it is but this one is over the line in my opinion. Am I being too sensitive?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    No, you are not being too sensitive. That is an absurd celebration and he should stop it. Stick with the usual fist pumps and arm's spread celebrations. These elaborate celebrations are absurd and cringy. Imad should stop with his dumb act also.

3. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Ridiculously stupid celebration showing his bloodthirsty nature

4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    What's his one?

5. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    It definitely has a bad taste to it.

If it was a one off you could understand, but someone should seriously tell him to stop.

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    This is why you have media staff and consultants with these tournaments and franchises. The way the crowd was copying it with little kids everywhere was pretty disturbing.

The full celebration is worse. First he cuts them up then he cuts their throat.

7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    I think the match referee has the ability to stop him aswell. Clearly they seem to be fine with it.

8. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    agree 100%

these guys really should concentrate one their cricket instead of this childish bs. Imad's celebration has to be the most embarrassing ultra-gay celebration on the planet.

9. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Lmao, Imad's celebration is the one done by CR7, the greatest athlete ever.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Everyone loved Afridi celebration rest don't how to celebrate.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    He copied Imran's celebration which was made iconic during the 92 world cup win. I don't know if that was intentional...

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 02.12.45.png

I agree it was a much better and classier celebration than this nonsense with explosions and throat cutting and slicing people with swords.

12. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    Very cheap and third class celebration after you are hit all over the park, and you are a bowler who cannot fix his wrist position, and also his sling in the arm after YEARS of playing international cricket.

IMO, he will be in breach of ICC code if he displays this classless celebration while looking at the batsman in an international game.

13. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    No Afridi one is different. Afridis legs are also wide open, IKs legs were not open lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    At least this time its less cringeworthy than that mustache one he was doing last year

15. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    The question is why do one even need such kind of celebrations? Just go with the flow and celebrate it naturally. It looks very stupid. I think the current West Indian players in their leagues are their inspiration. They come up with some of the weird celebrations you will ever see.

16. Energy

Energy Whispering Death

Apr 22, 2012
    Getting inspired by Bangla league performances maybe. Would expect the Bangladesh team to do these kind of childish celebrations.

17. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    That was just one off by Imran. As far as I remember Imran had no proper celebration after taking a wicket. He would just clap hands sometimes and raise hand in the air other time.

18. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    our cricketers try so hard I dont get it, just be yourself man. Dont try to become something you're not

just saw wahab's celebration, worst celebration ever. this guy had a lame celebration last year as well

19. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    Shaheen replied with his own version, this one seems so much better than Wahab's and quiet appropriate as well @Passionate Pakistani

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Not much different to Wahab. Wahab is slowly cutting the throat whereas Shaheen cuts it instantly.

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Lol bizarre celebrations

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    They can celebrate how they want however these new celebrations are a bit too cocky.

As long as the ICC/Match referees are okay with it and it’s within the cricketing rules they can continue.

24. maddgenius

maddgenius Whispering Death

Oct 6, 2014
    Nothing beats the nagin dance

[​IMG]

25. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    shaheen one is hes marking a target and then finishing it off, wahab one is him marking a target then doing throat slitting gesture which is disturbing in ways

26. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    nothing can beat this

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  27. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    They're both the same, just executed differently.

28. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    shaheen is more like a kid celebration, wahab isnt

29. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    If you're going to nitpick and be extremely meticulous, then Wahab's is a bit more sadistic as he's slowly cutting the throat, insinuating a slow painful death, with a wry smile on his face. Shaheen slashes the throat with one brisk movement, with an aggressive angry look to get it over and done with.

The end result is the same for both, the methods are slightly different as explained above.

30. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    yeah but Wahab's one is like a serial killer while Shaheen is like those terrorists big difference

31. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Lol at Patriot and Fw11 arguing over type of killing

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  32. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    And that's exactly what I've said. Both are killers. Serial killers are more sadistic, that's exactly how Wahab has celebrated.

33. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Lol Shaheen was just trolling Wahab tbh. I love his normal natural celebration, so full of passion.

34. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Acha

35. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    In Shaheen's defence he is cutting up the stumps, saying he sliced them up. He isn't cutting his throat.

36. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    this @Fireworks11

37. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Shaheen's final move with his left hand is parallel to his throat also, same like Wahab. They both make the X sign initially and finish off with the horizontal slash across their throats. The only difference is the speed.

38. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Wahab's uses his thumb and runs it across his own throat, very different to Shaheen slashing in front of him with his fingers pointing away from his throat.

It could be argued that he's slashing someone else's throat but probably not.

39. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    As I said they're both very similar, if you're going to analyse both in depth then Wahab's is more sinister. Wahab is running it across his own throat, Shaheen is slashing his victims throat, both resemble death.

By the way, this is the first time I've seen Shaheen do this celebration, if that is true, then because Wahab did it in the first innings, it appears Shaheen tried to mimic Wahab with his own version of the kill.

40. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    they're both shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List