Wahab Riaz's throat cutting celebration

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Feb 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    they're both shit.

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Wahab Riaz’s mysterious ‘sword’ celebration explained

[​IMG]
    Wahab Riaz's latest celebration style has gone viral

DUBAI: Wahab Riaz is back with an all-new mysterious (and quite scary!) celebration in the ongoing season of the Pakistan Super League.

The most successful PSL bowler has left behind his horse-shoe moustache from last year, but seems to be battling some invisible enemies this time around with an imaginary sword. Or so it seems to the untrained eye.

Watch his celebration here. It’s quite glorious to watch. No wonder it has got so popular with the fans.

Even Shaheen Shah Afridi tried to imitate him in mock revenge during the Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi match on Sunday night.

But hey, it’s not an imaginary sword. According to Wahab Riaz, it’s him drawing an imaginary cross to indicate he’s crossed off yet another batsman from his list and added him to his wickets tally.

“My goal is to take a lot of wickets, and I’m crossing off each wicket [from my list],” the fast bowler told Geo.

“There should be entertainment. It’s a league, so I’m taking advantage of the opportunity. Every bowler should have a way or another to celebrate.”

Wahab pointed out that T20 cricket “is a bit harsh on the fast bowlers. So when a bowler gets someone out, they should celebrate to show their happiness.”

“I’m not out to offend anyone,” he added.

We love the celebration. Do you?

https://www.geo.tv/psl/latest/228515-wahab-riazs-mysterious-sword-celebration-explained

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    So his gesture is that he is crossing off every wicket he takes lol.

And the article also confirms Shaheen tried to imitate Wahab. :p

4. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    good article. now the celebration doesnt look bad tbh

5. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    but he should stop smiling when hes doing the throat slit its disturbing

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    If you believe that I've got a bridge that goes over the Thames to sell you.

Drawing a thumb over your throat is not crossing another wicket off your tally. I hope he stops now that it's been brought to his attention.

7. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Brilliant!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    “My coach has told me to lay off this celebration style and, in fact, all the bowlers have been told to avoid excessive celebrations after taking a wicket,” Wahab, who has taken 13 wickets in the T20 league, said.

The experienced pacer, known for his ability to bowl at around 150mph, said he had decided to get rid of his handle bar moustache for the same reason.

“I am back to a clean shave and avoiding taking a wicket with my slitting the throat celebration as I also realised it could lead to criticism and unnecessary controversies. I didn’t look very nice after I saw it on screen myself,” Wahab said.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cric...elebration-peshawar-zalmi/article26524944.ece