Wahab to continue training sessions despite fractured finger

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Jul 2, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ISLAMABAD: Seasoned pacer Wahab Riaz will continue training with the Pakistan team despite suffering from a fractured finger. Raza Kitchlew, Pakistan team’s media manager, said that Wahab would continue to attend the team’s training sessions in the lead up to Pakistan’s last group match – against Bangladesh – at Lord’s on July 5, a private news channel reported.

“His injury is painful but Wahab has opted to continue training as he wants to play against Bangladesh. It’s a must-win game for us and the team will need his experience,” he said. Pakistan spent Sunday traveling from Leeds to London, which is a five-hour journey by road.

They had a rest day on Monday and will resume training on Tuesday at Lord’s. Wahab suffered from a fracture while fielding in a training session at Headingley on Tuesday. But Pakistan opted to retain him in the playing eleven, hoping that the seasoned pacer will help lift them in the do-or-die encounter.

Wahab didn’t disappoint as he took two key wickets to help Pakistan restrict Afghanistan to 227-9 and played an even important role with a 9-ball 15 that enabled Pakistan to win the match after a very tense run-chase.

The 34-year-old left-armer will bowl during some of the pre-match training sessions but is unlikely to attend the fielding drills in order to shield his fractured right hand from further aggravation.

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/07/0...tinue-training-sessions-despite-of-fractured/

2. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The guy hit the most crucial six with a fracture. All other batsmen should be put to shame by that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Wahab is a tiger

Someone with his mentality should be made Pakistan captain

4. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    That is what i said recently.Had he been a better bowler, he would have been an ideal candidate, coz he's a fighter and also knows how to communicate.Unfortunately Wahab wont find a place in Pak test team and even in OD team he wont last long.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Wahab is here to stay for another 2 years. Best to make use of him as a pinch hitter next game. He's got that fire in his belly. Nearly won Pakistan the game vs Australia and finished it off vs Afg. Good player

7. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Despite his inconsistencies and low points, he’s got passion and aggression. Great fast bowler mentality and that’s what I like about him, and his batting is a benefit to us too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He was a surprise entry who made most of his talent. Much respect to him.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Aap kaha teh mere dost??

10. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    I lost a bit of interest in cricket over some time period. So this World Cup made me get that passion back again. Its unfortunate we exited so soon. I was really hyped for this team in the end.