Waqar Younis aplogises for cutting Wasim’s birthday cake during Ramzan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Jun 4, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

Former Pakistani fast bowler and head coach Waqar Younis apologised from fans for cutting cake on Wasim Akram’s birthday during the month of Ramzan.

On his Twitter account, Younis said: “Apologise to everyone for cutting cake on Waseem Bhai’s birthday yesterday. We should have respected Ramadan and the people who were fasting. It was a poor act on our behalf #SORRY”

Wasim Akram celebrated his birthday on Sunday. The commentators and sports journalists celebrated former left-arm pacer’s birthday in the press box of Headingley cricket ground in Leeds during Pakistan and England second Test match.

Sports journalist Zainab Abbas tweeted about the celebrations, “While Pakistan’s misery continued onfield the press box celebrated @wasimakramlive birthday! Lots of A very happy birthday to a living legend..#ENGvPak”

Fans and followers, however, criticised the players for celebrating the birthday during the time of fast in the holy month.

Earlier fans criticised former Pakistani cricketer and commentator Ramiz Raja for having orange juice during Ramzan, while he was recording a video for his YouTube channel.

Following the criticism, Raja also had to apologise as he wrote: “Dear Viewers, just wanted to update you that I am not fasting due to a medical situation, however, I completely agree that Juice should not have been shown in the video in respect of the blessed month of Ramazan. Sentiments of each and every one of my viewers is extremely important to me and there was no intention to be disrespectful in any sense whatsoever Have a blessed Ramazan! Ramiz”.

WATCH THE VIDEO:

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...r-cutting-wasims-birthday-cake-during-ramzan/

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    they are on a tour, they don't qualify for fasting. People need to mind their own business

Don't fast if you can't control yourself watching someone else eat cake.

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    even if they were qualified for fasting its pathetic so many whine and cry over someone eating cake during Ramzan. Worry about your fasts

4. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Will playing cricket or commentating or hosting in a foreign country exempt one from a roza? Will it be mandatory for them to make up for it after ramzan? Any authentic information?

@ASLI-PATHAN

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    when you're travelling you're not qualified to fast, but some still keep fast even though they are not qualified to fast.

6. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    But, will it be mandatory to make up for it after the tour? Ya completely maaf?

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    no, you have to complete the remaining fasts when you get back to your home or if you are staying at a place for more than 15 days

8. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Ok.

9. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    @Patriot bro traveling means proper traveling. When you are actually in a plane, bus or train then you are allowed to not fast and keep it later. But in this case these guys are in UK for quite sometime and there is no excuse of not fasting. These guys don't care for their religion so much I think. Extremely poor act by all of them.

10. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Wasim suffers from diabetes and Ramiz said he has health issues also i think

Nonetheless, dont think we are ones to judge why they are nor fasting. Between them and Allah.

11. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Anyone fasting or NOT FASTING, is between them and their Allah ONLY.

It should not concern anybody else, except for maybe TALIBANS.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

12. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I totally agree with this... people take too much liberty with their interpretation of traveling and excusing themselves from religious obligations. Its not like they are traveling on horses and camels in vast deserts anymore these days. 1 hour flight to another city and people start saying oh we can't fast because we are traveling... like seriously bro? lol

These guys are celebrities... many youngsters follow these guys so they should set a good example of not eating openly during fasting hours in month of Ramadan. Its like I eat beef in front of a Hindu or smoke inside a mall or enter the ladies only side of shadi hall. Its allowed, but bhai bura lagta hai thora lehaaz karlo

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Fasting and not not is not the issue here. Showing no respect for the holy month is. Why they couldn't cut and munch on the cake in private? Or was doing it in public also the requirement of Diabetes and health issues? We have some non Muslim co workers here they don't even drink water in front of us. No one is asking them to do so but they do so by themselves because of the respect of the holy month. If Non Muslims knows this then it is a poor conduct by a Muslim to do otherwise.

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Just to share a story.

I live in Canada, and Alhamdulillah I fast every Ramadan. I have Muslims colleagues, some do fast and some dont. The ones who don't they even eat in front of me even after knowing the fact that I do fast, but I don't give it two hoots and why should I? Neither I fast to gain people sympathies nor to get their praise. I fast for Allah at the end of the day.

Also, a few said to that that 'you seems like a very good Muslim, because you do fast (serious fasting), but what about those people? Why dont they fast? Then I replied, I don't its between them and their God. I am only answerable to my deeds. That said, they might unable to do so, due to their heath condition. They might be on some drug, which they have to take after a regular interval'. My this answer made sense to everyone and they totally understood that concept.

We can never become good Muslim or human beings unless we stop judging people due to various reasons. We have to go in our grave, we are answerable for our actions, so we need to concentrate on 'us' and not on 'XYZ'.

Yes, they these said cricketers should fast, but they're not. But again, who am I to judge them? Its between them and their God.

15. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I honestly don't know exactly what some people mean by "respect"?

The WHOLE point of Roza is to take control of your urges and desires, especially the right full ones so that you can BETTER control your "non rightful" ones.
    It also includes respect of other's believes and to have something called SELF CONTROL as well.
    Now, if one can't "stomach" a non Muslim eating in front of them, then i at least can't except them to have ANY self control at all.

16. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    او جیو بھائی جان, دل خوش کر دیا آپ نے ایسی خوبصورت بات کر کے.
    اے کاش کہ ایسے ہی نظریات جو کہ حقیقی اسلام پر قائم ہیں, پاکستان میں بھی رائج ہوجائیں.آمین.

نوٹ: لوگ سمجھتے ہیں کہ دہشت گردی کی برین واشنگ کچھ اور ہوتی ہے جبکہ اس کا آغاز ہی دوسروں کے ذاتی معملات میں ان پر انگلیاں اٹھانے سے ہوتا ہے.

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    May I dare to say something sir? They do because they're in a Muslim country, where Muslim's are in majority.

This is not the case in western countries.

But I agree, they shouldn't have do it public.

18. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    When I was at Lord's the ground had made provisions for Jumma, and an Imam was speaking across the PA during lunch on the 2nd Day of the 1st Test.

Religion is a choice, and should not be enforced upon anyone.

Why is it that a cake cutting is considered disrespectful, but watching Cricket (when one should be praying etc during Roza) - not disrespectful?

19. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    My bro personally I don't care if you eat, drink and do whatever in front of me while I am fasting but there is respect of the holy month. This is not like any other month. This is special month. Its not only about eating and drinking and to be honest not eating and drinking never bothered me ever. Respect is something else. As a Muslim even if you are not fasting due to some reason you should refrain from eating and drinking in public. Maybe there is someone in the public like a worker who had worked all day in the sun and he is thirsty like hell and you are pumping down chilled coke in front of him. He will not break his fast because of this ofcourse but it will be you who will look selfish drinking in front of him.

20. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Exactly.

Because it is much easier to point fingers at others rather than find problems within yourself.

21. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    From where did enforcing religion came in this? They as Muslims are supposed to fast they are not fasting and we pointed this out as bad so this accounts to forcing them?

22. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I personally will tell every Muslim on his face if he is not fasting without any reason that he is doing bad.

23. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Respect goes both ways my brother.

How about some for an old, frail person drinking or eating in public?
    Would they get the SAME RESPECT?
    How about non Muslims?

24. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Just so you know that my director is Muslim, from Pakistan and she smokes. And this doesn't stop during Ramadan and many times I have to go out with her on a break to discuss issues. So by this rational, I should stop working with her?

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Again bro, its easy when you're in a Muslim country, but things are completely at 180 degree in WEST.

26. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    No, according to TALIBANI logic (or lack there of) you should BEHEAD her...

This is sarcasm, just in case anyone thinks otherwise.

27. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Don’t really care. Many Muslims don’t fast for whatever reason. Fasting is a test of patience and gaining Taqwa.

Having said that, even some of the non-Muslims hide their food in front of fasting Muslims which is commendable.

28. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    You should tell her to at least keep the smoke away from you. My GM is a Non Muslim he was smoking while I was standing next to him and I asked him politely could you please keep away the smoke from me and he said sorry and threw the cigarette away. Its not so hard, right?

29. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I said to a "MUSLIM". Muslim is a Muslim whether he/she is in a Muslim country or not.

30. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    The most dumbest sarcasm I had ever came across.

31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Of course you can ask, which I did too and she doesn't smoke at my face (we stand at some distance from each other) - but this is not the point.

The point is life goes on, Ramadan is holy month of Muslims, but not for whole world.

I can't stop people eat, drink and smoke in front of me. At the and of the day, Ramadan teaches 'patience', and I feel I become even stronger when people eat, drink and smoke in my presence.

32. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Why don't you ask Daniel Pearl, Col Imam and countless others who lost their heads, if my sarcasm is dumb?

On a serious note: isn't beheading a "Talibani soch"?
    Don't they actually practice it?

Do tell me where i was wrong on that one .

33. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I wonder why Zainab is eating cake there

34. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    If you noticed all the while I am taking about Muslims. Ofcourse this is not anything to do with Non Muslims.

35. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    My point exactly brother.

36. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Beheading was done by French, British, Uzbek. It is still done by Saudis. What exactly is your point?

37. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Then this is ever worse, if they're Muslim then its not possible that they wouldn't know the significance of Ramadan. Its between them and God, you or I don't have to be judgmental.

That said, I have an India friend, and he never eats in front of me during Ramadan. Once he ate, but he didn't know and when I told him that I am fasting, because Ramadan has started, then he said 'Oh man, I am terribly sorry that I ate in front of you, I feel very bad. I replied, no worries bro, just chill, tell me what else is going on?'

38. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    You are too cheeky Munna. Hahahaha

39. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    If you want to emulate Saudis, then do the reforms they are doing these days.

And by "beheading" i mean when its for the most simplest of crimes or just for opposing their views.
    Not to mention that they don't follow due process as well. I do hope you know what "due process" is??

40. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yeah I know what that is. I think we should stop derailing the thread further.