Waqar Younis aplogises for cutting Wasim’s birthday cake during Ramzan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Jun 4, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    You do? Than please tell me if you have EVER heard of TALIBAN adhering to it?

We are having a discussion bro, which is directly related to the thread. how is it derailing?

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL, ironically she wears hijab too.

3. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Indeed it is but it's not like Taliban ACTUALLY care about that stuff??
    They use it to make us their slaves, is all.

P.S. thanks for getting the sarcasm.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    I don't have time for useless arguments. Some other time.

5. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Traveling on horses or planes doesn't matter - Islamic fiqh is fiqh. If they are away from home for less than 15 days, they do not have to fast and can make up after. If they are in UK (not going the traveling distance during their time there) for more than 15 days, then its as if they live there and have to fast. This is according to the Hanafi madhab. I only say this because I have asked this question multiple times and have studied a little bit of fiqh - please do not chop and change the religion as you please.

I hope I have not said anything incorrectly and if I have, Allah forgives me for it.

6. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Why i am not surprised to hear that DUE PROCESS is "USELESS"

See you later than, ciao.
    (That's good by in Italian BTW)

7. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    You are judging Wasim/Waqar are you not?

Why not extend your logic and question why Wasim, Waqar, and Rameez are spending time at Lord's/Old Trafford where Alcohol surrounds them? Shouldn't Muslims stay away from Alcohol too? Especially in Ramadan?

What should we expect next? Pakistan players to stop the match to read namaz too?

Muslims are meant to do a lot of things, outside of Ramadan too, but generally they do not! We should not judge them. This militant approach to Islam is exactly why Islam is perceived negatively in the world. They're cutting a cake, not someone's throat!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL What?

It is not forbidden to stay or sit in a place where alcohol is available or consumed unless you yourself are not consuming, selling or buying it.

They should not stop the game but in every game a Cricketer gets time to pray namaz because it takes just 7-8 minutes and every one can take this much break during the game or during lunch/tea break.

This is not militant approach this is calling spade a spade.

Yes they are cutting cake but question is cutting a cake is more important or respecting Ramazan as a Muslim?

9. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Great, it's not forbidden to cut a birthday cake during Ramadan/Roza either.

As for respect, I go back to the point that if cutting a cake is disrespectful, then so is being surrounded by alcohol. Yes?

10. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Firstly, it is correct that whether the individuals fast or not is their business - they could have very good reasons for it and we have no right to judge.

However, there is a duty of respect especially if you are in the public eye.

E.g. rameez’ whole premise of his ridiculous show was talking about having orange juice in the sunshine! I mean seriously, why? He was reviewing papers, what is even the need to talk about orange juice and having a swig of it? Doesn’t anyone advise these fools?

Personally, I watched that show of rameez and tbh I didn’t even catch on about the Orange juice apart from the fact that it was extreme cringe as with everything else he does. Unfunny, cringe, try hard etc.

But now it has been brought up, I think people are justified in calling him out over it - not whether he fasts or not, but just to show some respect.

Anyway, they’ve all apologised so that’s the end of it for me.

11. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Imagine if all the time that people from twitter to here are spending discussing this issue were spent volunteering or doing something to serve others.