Wasim Akram 2.0: Video of Pakistani kid with identical action goes viral

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Mar 1, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan cricket team has always enjoyed the glory of great bowlers and one of the best bowlers that the Pakistan team had was Wasim Akram.

Legendary left-arm pacer has a fantastic record of claiming 414 wickets in 104 Tests and a whopping 502 wickets in 356 ODIs. To fill in his shoes is a Hercules task, but it seems that there is a little kid who could become Pakistan’s another Akram.

The bowler himself took to Twitter and shared a video of kid whose bowling action was supposedly identical to Akram’s.

He wrote, “Where is this boy??? We have serious talent flowing through the veins of our nation and no platform for these kids to be discovered. It’s time we do something about it #TheFutureOfCricketIsWithOurYouth”

If the cricket experts are believed, then the kid bowled like Akram and Mohammad Amir in the video. He delivered 17 balls and hit the stumps seven times.

https://www.thestatesman.com/sports...d-identical-action-goes-viral-1502594066.html

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    This is a prime example of 'raw talent', I mean who can do this at this age?

4. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Little ‘Wasim Akram’ says he will be lucky to be coached by the swing legend

CHICHAWATNI: A little boy with a bowling action identical to swing legend Wasim Akram recently went viral, attracting attention of the ‘Swing ka Sultan’ himself as the kid’s video of bowling in his backyard made rounds on social media.

[​IMG]
    Little Hasan Akhtar bowling in his backyard

The ‘unknown’ boy is no longer that mysterious kid bowling bullets at the wall.

He is six-year-old Hasan Akhtar from Chichawatni district of Punjab, and he wants to be another Wasim Akram when he grows up.

Geo News interviewed little Hasan in the backyard of his house in Chichawatni, where he bowls for hours at an end, trying to perfect his action.

“I’ve been playing cricket ever since I started school, and my favourite cricketer is Wasim Akram,” he said, when asked about who inspired him to play the sport.
    Hasan bowls in his backyard for 3 to 4 hours daily, so he can bowl like his idol Wasim Akram when he grows up.

“It would be my good fortune if Wasim Akram coaches me,” he said excitedly.

Hasan’s parents encourage him to play cricket. His father, who is a farmer by profession, noticed his son's passion for bowling from a very young age.

Hasan's bowling scares even the bigger and and older players in his village. He is already a pace sensation in his neighbourhood.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/184517-li...ll-be-lucky-to-be-coached-by-the-swing-legend

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Wasim Akram shares tips with young Pakistani bowler who took internet by storm

[​IMG]
    Wasim Akram posted this picture of him training six-year old aspiring pace bowler Hasan, who had gone viral on social media for his clean bowling action. (Twitter: @wasimakramlive)

If one has to learn an art, it’s advised they learn it from the very best in the business. For six-year-old Hasan, a young cricketer in Pakistan who aspires to be a fast bowler in the future, there couldn’t have been a better tutor than Pakistan cricket team legend Wasim Akram.

Dubbed as the ‘Sultan of Swing’ for his ability to swing the ball both ways and deliver a lethal in-swinging yorker back in his days, Akram has 414 wickets in Tests, 502 in ODIs and eight from five T20I games. In the late 90s, Akram was part of a lethal Pakistan pace trio alongside Shoaib Akhtar and Waqar Younis.

Not too long back, Hasan’s bowling had gone viral on social media after he was seen running in and delivering a few balls aimed at a wall with a stick representing the middle-stump. His clean run-up and release action were lauded by a number of people on social media.

It had impressed Akram too and he took to Twitter to heap praise on the youngster. “Where is this boy??? We have serious talent flowing through the veins of our nation and no platform for these kids to be discovered. It’s time we do something about it #TheFutureOfCricketIsWithOurYouth,” Akram had posted from his official account on February 28.

On Wednesday, Akram posted two photos on his Twitter handle in which he could be seen teaching Hasan the art of swing bowling while claiming that the youngster already knows how to grip the cherry while delivering inswing and outswing deliveries.

“Really enjoyed myself spending quality time with Hasan, young sensation from Chichawatni . Unbelievable skills at his age remember that he is only six and a half. #brightfuture,” he stated before going on to add: “Explaining the importance of front arm. He was all ears. He already knows how to grip the ball for out swing and in swing. Unreal.”

Really enjoyed myself spending quality time with Hasan, young sensation from Chichawatni . Unbelievable skills at his age remember that he is only six and a half. #brightfuture pic.twitter.com/MDqYS3NJUZ

— Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) March 26, 2018
    Explaining the importance of front arm. He was all ears he already knows how to grip the ball for out swing and in swing. Unreal. pic.twitter.com/SUZ4KVcEiA

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Wasim Akram shares tips with young Pakistani bowler who took internet by storm

[​IMG]
    Wasim Akram posted this picture of him training six-year old aspiring pace bowler Hasan, who had gone viral on social media for his clean bowling action. (Twitter: @wasimakramlive)

If one has to learn an art, it’s advised they learn it from the very best in the business. For six-year-old Hasan, a young cricketer in Pakistan who aspires to be a fast bowler in the future, there couldn’t have been a better tutor than Pakistan cricket team legend Wasim Akram.

Dubbed as the ‘Sultan of Swing’ for his ability to swing the ball both ways and deliver a lethal in-swinging yorker back in his days, Akram has 414 wickets in Tests, 502 in ODIs and eight from five T20I games. In the late 90s, Akram was part of a lethal Pakistan pace trio alongside Shoaib Akhtar and Waqar Younis.

Not too long back, Hasan’s bowling had gone viral on social media after he was seen running in and delivering a few balls aimed at a wall with a stick representing the middle-stump. His clean run-up and release action were lauded by a number of people on social media.

It had impressed Akram too and he took to Twitter to heap praise on the youngster. “Where is this boy??? We have serious talent flowing through the veins of our nation and no platform for these kids to be discovered. It’s time we do something about it #TheFutureOfCricketIsWithOurYouth,” Akram had posted from his official account on February 28.

On Wednesday, Akram posted two photos on his Twitter handle in which he could be seen teaching Hasan the art of swing bowling while claiming that the youngster already knows how to grip the cherry while delivering inswing and outswing deliveries.

“Really enjoyed myself spending quality time with Hasan, young sensation from Chichawatni . Unbelievable skills at his age remember that he is only six and a half. #brightfuture,” he stated before going on to add: “Explaining the importance of front arm. He was all ears. He already knows how to grip the ball for out swing and in swing. Unreal.”

Really enjoyed myself spending quality time with Hasan, young sensation from Chichawatni . Unbelievable skills at his age remember that he is only six and a half. #brightfuture pic.twitter.com/MDqYS3NJUZ

Explaining the importance of front arm. He was all ears he already knows how to grip the ball for out swing and in swing. Unreal. pic.twitter.com/SUZ4KVcEiA

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...et-by-storm/story-haO6kZxYT3G3CRAUPqILYJ.html

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  9. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Who better to be guided by, then one of the best to have graced cricket and THE best left armer to have graced the game.

Lucky kid.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    awesome kid, great raw talent, hope he does not become the sattabaaz he idolises when he gets older.

11. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Meh who cares. I’m not waiting 10-15 years to see what happens.

12. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Yeah, natural talent and all but who the hell wants to follow 15 years of progress.

More interested in Shaheen and Hasnain.

13. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Worst coach for the little kid.