Wasim Akram - The only Pakistani left in India/IPL

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 15, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I haven't been following the IPL so I had to go and look at the results before posting this thread.

It seems that Wasim Akram has got Kolkata off to a winning start with two wins out of two. As a Pakistan fan I'm aware that at some point Wasim will coach our national team and from that perspective it'll be interesting to see if he can turn round a team of losers like Kolkata.

He's started off well but is it just first game luck or is it the Wasim influence? It's too early to tell but I'll be keeping an eye on his progress.

So what do you think about Wasim working with the IPL after the way they treated Pakistani cricketers? And will you be following his progress in the IPL?

2. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    The thing with Kolkota is they had quite a few Pakistani players and got SRK whe supported Pakistan players even though i thought it was for reasons to promote his movie. Anyway didn't know Wasim Akram was involved, I might watch a few of Kolkota matches now.

3. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    I haven't been watching or paying attention to any of the IPL matches. Not even interested with or without Wasim. He is someone who is least interested in Pakistan cricket. I remember last when he failed to mention that Pakistan could even win the T20 World Cup until India was knocked out.

I would much rather pay attention to Waqar and see what he is able to do with our young bowlers and team.

4. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    ^To be fair he was the only one who said Pakistan is a strong contender.

He hand picked Mohammad Aamer
    He hand picked Sohail Tanvir

He just doesnt want to get into sports politics anymore. He on record have said he doesnt want to coach the national team, because of politics and ego problems of the senior players and PCB administration. He regularly takes part in talent hunt programs held in Pakistan, train and coach young bowlers.

5. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Well I for one did not see or heard him say anything about Pakistan being a favorite to win the T20 World Cup.

As for he hand picked Aamer...I don't think so. Aamer had been doing well before the Camp was held in which Wasim spotted Aamer and said good things about him. Other then the odd camp here or there...Wasim has taken no part in training our bowlers in fact he is often seen and heard providing advice to Indian bowlers.

I guess he always wants PCB to formally give him a call and pay him before he gives any time to our bowlers. Look at the recent tour to Australia. Warne was more then happy to help Kaneria. Haddin helped Kamran...Ian Healy as well. We need a culture in which our greats stand up for Pakistan and try to help our youngsters.

6. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    I have yet to see any IPL match. I absolutely abhor it.

7. cricket_analyst

cricket_analyst Youngsta Beauty

Mar 14, 2010
  8. cricket_analyst

Mar 14, 2010
    are we in a state of war with india!!!!!

9. cricket_analyst

Mar 14, 2010
    if any of us wants to boycott it wount hurt them!
    cummon guys. . . .

10. cricket_analyst

Mar 14, 2010
    waseem is playing there, its not a big deal!
    think like professionals!
    is there any reason for boycotting ipl!

11. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Yes. It's garbage and reminds me of a circus rather than cricket.

12. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Are you sure he is still a Pakistani

13. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Well said. Additionally i have (as most of us have) grown up associating cricket with countries. So this franchises stuff isn't too aesthetically appealing.

14. cricket_analyst

Mar 14, 2010
    lol!
    to be frank i also havent seen even a single match of IPL!
    em not on boycott! its my exams these days!