Wasim Khan the man to save Pakistan cricket?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, Jan 7, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Seems to have a very similar idea for Pakistan cricket that every knowledgeable fan has, I reckon Pakistan’s problems are beyond Selection errors or coaching or captaincy, this team lacks a bit of skill and domestic cricket is to be blamed for that, stop saying the obvious and say this player is wrong or xyz is parchi or Inzi the revolutionary is national enemy number one, when damp comes in your house you can keep painting over it but that won’t solve the problem.

2. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    its a combination of all issues, a weak domestic structure does not absolve the team management of consistently screwing up game strategy, mis selections, or of players feeling entitled to being selected.

to fix domestic cricket will take a few seasons too, and whether wasim is willing to stick around once the reality of working in a pakistani corporation hits is a totally different issue.

pak has loads of problems, there is no magic pill to sort it all out in a year or two.

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Give him time, ask him how much he needs and give it to him and tell him there is no rush take your time it’s better we loose now then not having a team at all in 20 years.

4. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    i agree, but i meant from a personal point of view. he may be ethnically pakistani but living and working pak will be a massive culture shock. additionally i have no doubt there will be an army of vested interests waiting for him to fail. i hope for the best, but theres a streak of cynicism which i cant shake.

5. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    As an outsider the first step for Wasim should be to understand whatever kind of system PCB possesses. Then identify flaws in it, to make it efficient. Domestic cricket surly needs to be revamp, which is no small task.

The other thing which I really like to see is that, CS and head coach start giving justification of their actions, selection and polices. Because it seems as of today, they're not answerable to anybody and there's no accountability for them.

Of course it would be a bumpy ride for Wasim in presence of people like Shakil Shaikh, so lets see he cope with this task - good luck to him.