Watch a high quality stream of Pakistan & Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup Final, LIVE & FREE on Cricistan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 5, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    You can check to see if you're eligible by looking just underneath the CS logo;

[​IMG]

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  2. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Regularly posting, you have been a member since Sep 2012 with 33 posts, clearly that is not active.

3. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    You guys made me use my editing skills just for this little thing :fp

:p

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 6
    • List
  4. Asif Abbasi

Asif Abbasi Youngsta Beauty

Sep 19, 2012
    You want me to go back in time and start posting, or start making up for the past 2 years in 2 days... Whichever works for you? :confused

5. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    When did I say that? I'm simply saying you need to read the OP, and if your still confused on what active means, then Google it. Why am I wasting time on this useless argument. :fp

6. Asif Abbasi

Sep 19, 2012
    1. I never asked you to respond unless you are a Mod.

2. OP?
    3. Responding to members isn't a time wastage, and if it is, you are better off chilling in front of the tele, rather than being on a forum right now.

BTW, i have another stream working for me right now...!

7. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    So go there why are you here :rofl

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  8. ausman

ausman Youngsta Beauty

Oct 2, 2012
    nice

why does it keep saying i do not have permission

9. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Read the OP.

10. Square Drive

Square Drive Youngsta Beauty

Sep 20, 2012
    Why am i not allowed to view it? :/

11. Square Drive

Sep 20, 2012
    I got like 15 posts today, have an intro thread (which I bumped today). what else shud i do??

12. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    I think if you make a couple of more posts, you'll automatically see it.

13. Asif Abbasi

Sep 19, 2012
    So the only thing this forum has to offer is free streaming? I thought that was just an additional feature and not the only reason people want to be on Cricistan.... Perhaps, that sums up why you are here?

14. Square Drive

Sep 20, 2012
    still cant view it. :fp:

15. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    :fp

16. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Im a active member.

17. Asif Abbasi

Sep 19, 2012
    I hope you don't represent the rest of the lot...

Seems like an innocuous question cannot be responded by big-ego members... thanks guys for the help... I am off for now...

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Have you created a debut thread?

19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

The criteria was not very high at all. Like I said previously, those users who created a debut thread and then started posting in the match thread and a few other threads all got updated and are watching the game now.

Those who sat there counting every post they made and just waited and waited didn't get upgraded. Had you actually spent your time getting involved with the community and interacting on the forum you would have been approved ages ago.

We cant help you if you just want to keep asking why you dont have access.

• List
  20. FAQ

FAQ Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    Merc, dont want to go into a long argument. It is your forum and your rules. But I think the confusion has been around the definition of "active" which is very subjective. If the process is automated then there has to be an objective criteria on which the system grants access to users. e.g. posting at least 10 posts on the average per day in the past 7 days, or a total of 100 posts in the past 3 days etc. If you had told the criteria objectively in the opening post, there would have been less confusion and less debate. As Asif Abbasi said we cant post retrospectively so it would be better to know what the users have to aim for.

And being aware of hosting costs and all I understand this must be costing you money and you can set as tough rules as you want. But a little bit objectivity in the definition of "active" would avoid such discussions.

My two cents! Keep up the good work.

21. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

That's never a good idea because people will start to spam the website with junk hoping to activate the automatic update. The criteria that I set will be revealed after the stream and it is very, very generous which is why the regulars have not been seen complaining in this thread at all.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  22. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Are you entering this for the T20 World Cup Banner Challenge?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 7
    • List
  23. Asif Abbasi

Sep 19, 2012
    @Merc: Your forum, your rules, no matter what others say about it.

Appreciate if you can point me out one thread/comment, where i had complained about your rules no matter how subjective they are. It was a question on "can i get access?"... Answer could have been, Yes or No. When the answer is No, you could say, "No - Because you haven't met the X,Y,Z criteria which is defined as active...". It doesn't need the generalization like "Members like you etc".

Their are hundreds of forums on internet for cricket fanatics, and this is just on of them. This forum offers a good decent stream, like hundreds of other web-sites including legal and illegal. I would have thought that you would know better, or would have read the comments leading up to this thread before getting yourself involved in the debate.

My recommendation: Its best not to gang-up on members who are asking questions as that would harm the long-term Cricistan development prospects. You guys have been doing a great job since 3/1/12 when we received the invitation to join from you, zeenix, Nauman, Feather and Chantara.

Lets just close this topic here.... Enjoy the match, and wish Good luck to pakistan in this match and World T20.

Good luck to you guys in maintaining this forum!

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Now that the stream is over I will reveal the criteria. It wasn't 2 years of posts in 2 days. It wasn't 100 posts in 3 days, it wan't even 70 posts in 10 days. Even though 100 posts in 10 days would have been quite reasonable we didn't even do that.

The criteria that was set was 30 posts in the last 90 days, that is just 1 post every 3 days .

1 post every 3 days is not an active poster by any stretch of the imagination, that's a very occasional poster. That was the criteria which I believe was beyond fair. We didn't even ask for 1 post a day. If you think that was unfair of us then what can I say to that?

Next time the criteria may be a little higher but we cant reveal the criteria so we dont end up getting spammed. All we can do is make it reasonable and I think it was more than reasonable.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 12
    • List
  25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Thanks to all that turned up today, hope you stick around now the stream is gone. Plenty more where this came from.

26. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    New criteria. Be a regular active member of cricistan to enjoy it's luxuries.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  27. Ritzy

Ritzy Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2013
    I am really thankful to all the people who brought this stream for us CricketHD.net

• List
  28. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Mercenary Don't make it 100 posts in 10 days, ever, because then I would be disqualified too, even though I usually spend atleast an hour on cricistan daily.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  29. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Mercenary what about active members 1000+ posts automatically get to watch it?

30. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

No that would be crazy, we dont want to force users to post above what they're comfortable with. It would probably be a post a day or less. That doesn't mean a post every day but an average of a post a day.

The stream is for the benefit of recently active members of the Cricistan community. I think Saturday's criteria were very fair.

31. Rmra Don

Rmra Don Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    That's good !! Bravo team Cricistan...

32. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Criteria should be: Atleast have 300 likes on CS.