WC Rain thread.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 8, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I seriously believe the World Cup will be badly affected by the weather, which is outrageous.

Today's game is a perfect example.

England won the toss and asked Pakistan to bat first. Our openers struggled in first 10 overs brutally, middle order players tried to repair the damage and all of sudden game is stopped at 16th over due to rain/passing shower. After 45 minutes it's announced that:

"It's a 4.15pm restart! We will be down to 41 overs a side".

And there you go, game has been dished out to England, is it fair if something like this will happen in Semi final or final?

Given the weather in summer is it a vice move to have an event like WC in these months in ENG?

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    We had a pretty decent summer over here in England last year. One of the driest I can remember for a while. Can remember it going a couple of weeks without rain which is very rare for summer. Lets hope we get something of the same this year, hate rain affected results, especially in a world cup

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    It’ll be fine. The weather is meant to heat up from next week onwards.

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    It will be completely fine trust me...today has been an off day tbh, weather has been decent in recent weeks/month or so.
    Don't expect any serious issues throughout the tournament tbh, especially the deeper we get into it/the month.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    No, This is an anomaly maybe, I don't know if this is certain but the last day of Test cricket to be washed out in England was in 2013 Ashes also generally in summer it's hot, this is very early. New Zealand weather is worse imo. This is very early May, normally we wouldn't have been playing series at this time this is only because of World cup.

Summer against India was also hot.

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    I think more than likely, some crucial games may wash out. It will be frustrating for many fans who follow their national teams.

Let’s discuss them here and hope it does not ruin any of pak games.

7. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    It might actually help us - similar to the CT SA match and of course the 92 game vs England.

Let’s face it, we’re going to need these helping hands if we’re to get to the semis

8. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I highly doubt we will see a washout

9. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    lol looks like Friday will be a washout.

The game we can perhaps expect to win/everyone else can expect to get 2 points from is the one we will be affected in, typical.

Cold be crucial (potential) lost point going forward, considering our games after are against Australia and india...

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    would be a massive point lost if it is a washout. Incredible bad luck

11. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Weather says rain now, but this is England, could turn out to be a sunny day. Let’s hope!

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It will help, That Edgbaston game I still remember. Praying for rain and doing all calculations possible, lool

13. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Which is why the loss vs WI might prove to be crucial.

14. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Today is Tuesday. Prediction is not great sometimes

15. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Huh

16. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Weather

17. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    I hope so. I am going to go watch them on Friday

18. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Rain expected to ruin a few games this week. Get ready. Pak are not the only sufferers.

19. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    This thread will be very busy in the coming week. At least 3-4 games are to be affected.

20. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Pak v SL - Match abandoned.

First casualty of WC 2019

21. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Next will be Pak v Aus.

Pakistan can then say goodbye to their chances thanks to the Weather of UK.

22. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    dont think so

england bangladesh will have a delayed start at most - 40 over game

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    hope India games get rain affected also.

24. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I checked. Non of their games is being affected.

25. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Ind v Aus is sunny but there's a chance rain will disrupt Ind v NZ on Thursday in Nottingham.

26. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Baarishon ka Bhagwan ji supporting India

27. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    but the margin of the loss of 1st match means out NRR will be the lowest. so we need all the points because if it may come down to NRR we will definitely not qualify.

28. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Today's result is total loss for Pakistan. We had never lost a WC game against SL. We lost a point and also a chance to improve already bad NRR. So all in all a bad day for our chances.

29. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    Apart from the weather storms hitting the south of england affecting pakistans game. some one agree with me why are pakistan playing these games vs aus, vs sri lanka in crap stadiums away from places like old trafford, edgbaston when they could fill the stadiums that are twice as large

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    More to the point, when there is a prediction of rain in advance then why there is no alternative venue available?

31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    First game of Pakistan has been effected and it might hurt us going deep in the tournament...

32. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    I think we will qualify if ALL of our remaining games get washed out.

Perhaps that’s the best and easiest way to reach the play offs?

We definitely needed a wash out against WI to avoid that horrible net run rate number that could haunt us in the end?

33. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Obviously this is an international cricket match and not someone’s “khatna” circumcision ceremony.

Years of planning and advance booking is required with media contracts and tons of carefully planned logistics in place - it can’t be all changed on a few days notice.

34. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    to be honest, they should have been a reserved day

second of all, i think its pretty ridicolous that we have australia and pakistan playing each other at a tiny ground that probably doesnt have too much going for it. There is no asians or any Australians there, so why not move it to a 25000 stadium in a city like manchester or bham. atleast your gona get a crowd,

35. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Keeping weather in mind, I dont think having an alternate venue is that big to a deal.

36. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Yeah that’s very stupid and outright ridiculous marketing.
    Most Pak games in England are house pack crowd pullers - they should’ve scheduled it on a bigger venue.

And personally I absolutely HATEEEEE!! international level cricket games in small tiny grounds with 60 meters boundary - That’s total BS!

37. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    If you knew what would it take, and you had to do it on a short notice to make it a successful and profitable event by changing the vanue, you would be touching your ear lobes with both hands and saying “Meri Tobah”

38. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Weather model these days gives you 8-10 (in Canada 14 days) days prediction in advance. Its not like I am saying make necessary arrangements 2 days ago.

39. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    By doing what?
    Tell the teams, “ Hey it’s raining here, go play at another ground” and I’ve got it all covered?

40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Dude, whats wrong with you? Weather prediction and patterns are norm these days and heavily relied upon. When you can see in weather forecast that rain is going to hit you in 8 days advance then why not being a bit proactive?

Anyways, no point in further dragging this anymore, you have your opinion and I have mine. I dont think its 80's anymore, therefore, backup plans should be made to void such circumstances.