1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

We are just trying not to be selfish - Shehzad

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Jul 22, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Strange he said that in the MOTM interview o_O , here's the full transcript

2. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Fail thread with zero replies lmaoooo @Red Devil

3. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    All this talk about how it could have been directed at Misbah is idiotic. First of all he is thanking the coaching staff...pretty much the same staff Misbah worked with. Misbah had a hand in who was going to be the new captain.

The only person who wasn't performing was him along with one of his best buddies. Maybe his talking about an attacking approach by the team. Entire team...which makes one think if the management has signed off on the approach saying. Let's not be selfish for our own spots...go out and play aggressive cricket.

4. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The healthy competition is making him perform. You can see that Shezzy, Hafeez, Malik, Rizwan even Sarfaraz everyone wants to do better now. Sarfaraz could have been in danger for a place because of Rizwan but they promoted him up the order and it gave him confidence and he scored runs.

5. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    People often don't understand sports at their core. You can have the best coaches, the best bowler or the world's best batsman. You can apply that logic to any sport in this world. It simply doesn't make you a winner.

It is a team sport you need the team to contribute. Everyone understands this...except most Pakistanis.

We aren't carrying lot of baggage. I am not a big fan of Shehzad because he can't rotate the strike and often if he doesn't fire he gives us bad starts more often then not.

Hafeez pretty much the same story. However because of the technique players like Azhar, Harris and Rizwan have...I feel more assured. Malik...I am a fan of his. Most people aren't. I am...the man has proven himself within the Pakistani domestic cricket the national team when he actually had a platform to build innings. Playing against world class players across the globe.

With Sohail back and Wahab fit...Irfan being fit. I think we might actually get a team in which players will have a tough time getting into.

6. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    I think most of us who have seen Malik play a decade ago will have a soft corner for him. He was my favourite player after Afridi (lol). Used to bat 8/9/10 in his early days and made his way to becoming a solid middle order bat. His bowling style similar to Saqi was extremely handy and he can spin the ball a long way for a finger spinner. Top fielder also.

7. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    So he admits he played selfishly before?

8. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    I call it the Khilafath Syndrome. We believe in One man armies. Its sexy, doesn't work but sexy as hell.

Jinnah made Pakistan
    And
    Imran won the WC
    So
    One man alone can move mountains, I happen to be that man, what a coincidence!

Bane of our existence. Pakistanis at the end of the day don't believe in systems and processes. They think messiahs are sent from the sky to get things done. Honestly if we couldn't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt how babies are made, most Pakistani men would argue till death that their moms made them with her bare hands.

9. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @Invictus damn man your on a roll! I love sensible posters :-d

People often don't look beyond cosmetics or only look so the facts can be twisted because others are too lazy to really do their own research. In this not so selfish innings...how many dot balls did he really play? If you look at the numbers it raises lots of questions about his game. More then 50% dot balls.

People can hate Malik all the way. If someone wants to learn how to rotate strike and make their runs running between the wickets they can look at Malik. Yes, he was out of form and out of the team. However when he is making runs...soon as he comes in. He finds those gaps. I have seen plenty of 30's/40's from him at about 90% strike rate with not a single boundary.

10. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    #epicfail...nuff said.

11. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    That is Malik at his best. That was his A game from 2003-2009 especially under Inzi. It is so sad that he lost form after that period. If Pakistan are to progress in ODI and anyone to teach the youngsters how to bat in the Modern ODI game then that is Malik.

12. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    You can't possibly be the same Savak as the one on PP right? Cause that Savak hated Malik in fact he started the whole movement against Malik and I hate that Savak!

I hope your not the same guy! obviously would be very rude me telling you how much I hate your posts on PP. Here is hoping you aren't the same guy :-d

13. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    I am the Savak. I have always been a fan of Malik at his peak from 2004-2009. It is sad he lost his way due to lack of form and also to they mistake of offering him the captaincy from 2007-2009, that move made him indulge in unnecessary politics when he should have been focusing on his job purely as a player.

His poor form from 2009 to his present comeback is primarily his fault.

14. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Okay now this is weird! Hi :p

I will be honest you weren't one of my favorite posters least the last time I remember reading your posts. I am glad that either you have matured or are more sensible in your approach. Obviously you don't need my approval....but just saying.

I remember you being a very big fan of both Afridi and Akhtar. Unless I am completely out of my mind you really did dislike Malik for trying to oust Afridi and Akhtar. I seem to remembers lots of going back and forth with you. You were the mastermind behind Malik the trouble maker trend.

Anyway that is the past. Welcome to CS! I hope to see more posts like the above...which are balanced and sensible. I understand everyone has favorites...I have always had a soft corner for Malik cause I always believed in him and I am glad he is doing well.

However I am very simple in my approach...praise the players who do well and get rid of the favorites if it serves the team better.

PS: I hope this change is like the one Amjad had...he kind of came up with the term useless khan for Younis Khan from what I remember. He use to really dislike him...but when Younis finally showed up to play real cricket...he was all about Younis.

I would be happy if more posters were like this.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  15. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    A decade ago, Malik was our No.3 and he was in the form of his life in that position but as usual retards changed his position which is also one of the reasons behind is decline late 2000s

16. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    I remember you very well, you used to lobby very hard with the mods to ban me. We need to develop tolerance in respecting each others viewpoints rather than calling someone mature or immature based on his cricketing views.

I wasn't behind anything, i just went by all the information available and my own observations. My reasons for being upset with Malik are in this article below

http://www.thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail.aspx?ID=158954&Cat=10&dt=1/24/2009

When almost the entire team is against you as captain then it indicates that there is a huge problem.

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/83036-malik-had-no-leadership-quality-intikhab

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...roblems-Intikhab-Alam/articleshow/5944507.cms

This being said it was a huge blunder to appoint him as captain when he was in the form of his life, so young and the fact that there were other deserving candidates ahead of him. In the presence of so many senior players in the dressing room if you are appointing a junior then he has to have outstanding leadership qualities in addition to deserving a place in all 3 formats of the game.

He indulged in dressing room politics when both Younis Khan and later Yousaf became captain. Afridi and Waqar kicked Malik out of the team in 2010 for his negative influence in the dressing room.

17. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @Savak @Feather can you take your love notes elsewhere and don't derail this thread

18. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @Savak your most likely mistaken. I did not ever moderate here on CS or PP. If I wanted to ban you...it would have been done as I didn't need any ones permission. I was the super admin on PP and for some time here on CS as well in fact I still am an admin.

Anyway rather then going in circles. I do not force my views onto others. You had 1000's of posts on Malik. Simply stating the facts. As for the links....Alam himself is a chor! Yousaf wanted to be the captain cause he thought he was senior...it should have been him.

Less said about Afridi and Akhtar the better. End of the day Malik lost his #3 spot to Younis cause of Imran Khan supporting Younis. That was before everything else happened.

All those stories originated from the same source...the infamous manager of certain players. Then that was recycled.

Anyways....that was then. We still might not agree who was in the right or who was in the wrong. I am happy least we can agree Malik in form is an asset.

As for players like Shehzad...this is an epic fail. His comment led to lot of chatter. Looking beyond the cosmetics it showed nothing had changed...not when he scored and today when he didn't.

Poor player in my opinion.

19. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    @Feather you were a one of the best poster's on PP- I won't ask why you left :D

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    ^^
    lol what rofl