We play with more passion than India - Ijaz Ahmed

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan’s Under19 (U19) coach Ijaz Ahmed has claimed that players in Pakistan play with more passion than their counterparts in India on the heels of the upcoming International Cricket Council (ICC) U19 Cricket World Cup in South Africa.

“India has a very good cricket system and it is organized but I know that we have more passion than them when we play against each other and that is how we also beat them in the semi-finals of the recent Asian Emerging Nations Cup,” Ejaz said as quoted by India Today.

“Even in the past, we beat India because of our greater passion and this time also I know the passion of our players will prevail over them although they have a very strong outfit,” he said. “It is the same in the World Cup it does not matter which team is number one or defending champions what will matter is how a team plays on a given day. I personally feel our team is well balanced.”

Ahmed expressed his satisfaction at the team’s preparation for the challenge of facing the best in the world.

“Our players have also trained hard in Lahore and we have played around 11 matches. We will also reach South Africa nine days before the World Cup and we have some practice games and I think our preparations are also very good for the tournament,” he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/we-play-with-more-passion-than-india-ijaz-ahmed

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    The traditional pre tournament comments re India are in.

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    What are standout players in U-19? Anybody?

I know Rohail is really good, which is the captain but who else?

@Ahson8

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Traditional verbal jalaav more like

5. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Rohail is still U19?

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    lol, many are still U19, who apparently look in their early 20's.

7. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Cornered Tiger

Oct 5, 2014
    we loose with even more passion. How about we play with a little more skill next time and discipline and without mental blocks.