Welcome to Cricistan -- We'd love your feedback

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Jan 20, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I'd like to welcome you all to Cricistan. Please have a look around the various forums and webpages.

We have some great (and high quality) videos for you to view, dont forget to leave a comment for them via the discuss button!

Let us know what you like about this new site and what we could improve on!

2. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    Hi Merc,

The site looks great. But can I ask, why a new site when PakPassion.net has been around for years and doing a great job too. What will be different here? Are you still a moderator on PakPassion.net?

3. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    Hey Pacman, im guessing just like many other cricket fan sites Merc has decided to try his own? Thats just my guess. But the man himself should fill you in.

In regards to the site, im really liking the user friendly layout. Video clips of high quality indeed. Just like wiht any new site there will be teething but this will get ironed out with time INSHALLAH.

Great work.

4. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    Yes, this site got much better layout and videos to start with. So, thumbs up on that but I am sure there is always room for the improvement and we can always expect more as talent is there ;).

My main reason for joining this forum is Mohammad Irfan and his Giant Blog and also Merc himself :p.

@ Pacman, Firstly, I would like to welcome you. Well, no doubt that PP is around for the years but there is nothing wrong with having a transparent platform to discuss cricket and everything. You will soon find out the difference yourself. Just give it a bit of time. Even though this site is newborn but smell of insecurity from PP over cricistan is quiet clear. We hope that you enjoy your stay here and we would love to hear your feedback and criticism.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Welcome to cricistan pacman, I left PP in August.

There were some critical differences over how to deal with certain things and I wasn't comfortable with the way a couple of situations were handled. In the end I was left in a position where I had no choice but to leave. Nobody wants to flush 6 years hard work down the drain and start all over again but sometimes principles have to come first.

Anyway that's all in the past now, the future is Cricistan, Insha Allah.

6. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Certainly, Merc is joined by more then half of the original PP team here on Cricistan. There is room for two quality sites.

We would love to hear your input on things that matter to you as user. Keeping our principles intact this site is dedicated to Pakistan cricket and the fans in hopes of being a one destination stop for all your cricketing needs :p

7. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    Come on team cricistan we need some smilies.. :p

8. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    yeah it will be done in a day or two :)

9. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    Thanks, I am really looking forward :)

10. MoiN

MoiN Youngsta Beauty

Jan 29, 2010
    yeah the sites looks very good... nice effort guyz......

11. nazimcricket

nazimcricket Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    The Forums link should have a drop down of quick-links to the various forums, so it's easier to navigate from one to another.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    We'll look into that Nazim but in the meantime just press [End] to get to the bottom of the page and use the forum jump menu on the bottom right

13. nazimcricket

nazimcricket Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    Hadn't noticed that Merc. It will do nicely - thanks.

14. CricWiz

CricWiz Youngsta Beauty

Feb 2, 2010
    Oh coooooooool!!! Love the layout of the site and the quality of the videos. Awesome, great to be a part of it.

15. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I appreciate how nobody's here ranting about not to start a thread without reading the last 50 threads to make sure no merging is needed. At the other forum the management complains about it nonstop as if they have to travel to Mordor, fight off Nazguls and destroy the ring in that damn mountain each time they have to merge a thread.

16. jangloos

jangloos Youngsta Beauty

Feb 9, 2010
    nice site.. in LOVE with the dark green and white layout. dont ever change it. Pakistan zindabad :)

17. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    As the title suggests, we need your feedback. This is your site. We need your feedback so that cricistan can evolve around how the real owners i.e the Users want it to be. You folks especially the ones who have joined and are going to join this site in its early stages are the ones who will make Cricistan different. Good content, quality discussion, and effective suggestions is what is required. Any type of suggestion be it Modding, Site layout and features etc are extremely valuable. You guys are cricistan. And this is your site.

And we are banking on you guys..

18. _INCOGNITO_

_INCOGNITO_ Youngsta Beauty

Feb 2, 2010
    Gr8 Site! gr8 theme..even has many fans one facebook...although one question, why arnt those ppl who are fans there becoming members of the site itself?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Well the site has only been open to the public for around 3 weeks, it takes time to build a community and no-one here at Cricistan is in a rush about anything.

Thanks for the compliments and keep watching this space

20. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Mercenary, how about create an about us page for the site for people who start now? As a sort of introduction?

21. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Cricistan's Pehlwan

Feb 17, 2010
    Now this is what I want to hear. :D

One thing I really hope is that Cricistan allows freedom of speech in the sense that your not vilified for going against the views of a Mod or at the same time any sort of criticism of the website isn't taken as a personal insult as it has been by certain other individuals on certain other websites.;)

Last but not least I just hope that as the site inevitably becomes more popular and more people sign up the quality of threads and the standard of dicussion remain high. :)

22. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Community driven sites are driven by the community and this isn't rocket rocket science. Everyone has an opinion and their opinions should be respected however all this should be done in a manner which is acceptable. Far as I am concerned we only have one rule which is to use common sense at all times.

The moderators on this site are users too. They too will have opinions. They will too be subjected to the same moderation policy. No single Moderator can take upon himself to ban users etc. If you have a problem with someone please get in touch with us and we will handle any issue that might be of concern.

Moderation is a thankless job for the most part. Lots of hours are spent and the only time someone notices anything is when their posts are removed or they are warned etc. Use common sense at all times. If you feel your posts have been removed without a good reason or certain moderator is being unfair. Simply contact us in private. We WILL deal with the issue.

Moderators are like umpires on a cricket field. They can no ball you or give you out however you get the chance for a review. So please do respect the mods and try to keep said things within the right context. Their views are their...not of Cricistan's entire team.

We had the same policy at PP however with key members leaving the team...it seems it has gone down the drain.

• List
  23. MALLHI

MALLHI Youngsta Beauty

Feb 18, 2010
    Congratz Merc on creating this new forum. I like the look of it, hopefully we will have good quality cricket discussions over here!

Keep up the good work!!! Cheers!

• List
  24. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    :D :D

[​IMG]

25. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Great to see you back Mallhi, it's been a long time! Hopefully we can keep the discussion to quality over quantity.

As for the looks. I did design the homepage and website content pages but a guy called Ali coded the website and Disco made the skin for the forums so a big thanks to those two.

26. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    That's a great idea. We definitely need something like that but the site is still taking shape so it may take a bit of time to set one up.

27. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    By getting users involved more with the website maybe you can allow users to right brief player profiles on their favourite players and if they are well balanced you can upload them on the site? Maybe have another tab Call it 'My Cricistan' where members can have a say and also give them a warm feeling of playing a part in Cricistan.

Maybe a Cricistan game? Similar to stick cricket and have an established league to go with it. This would be great advantage as it would attract many thousands of people to get involved with the site.

28. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    We're planning on having a section about the people who make Cricistan what it is. I was thinking of a name incorporating the word Cricistani but I like My Cricistan too.

29. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Cricistani sounds good but My Cricistan gives people the 'our feeling'. But the decision's down to you!

30. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    @iDone ahahah oi mujhe sonay do :D
    lemme find some nice smileys :)

btw, My Cricistan is a good idea.

31. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Judging by the way your finger is placed on your chin, it seems like your thinking about the smileys in your sleep too!

32. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Seriously guys, how long does it take to get some smileys? I once ran a little cricket forum for fun and added 100s of emoticons in a week.

33. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    I say pass them onto us! Our designers are bit lazy better yet contribute toward the site by designing some yourself.

34. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I've never designed an emoticon. Whats wrong with image-googling for emoticons and adding the ones you like to the site? Thats what I did in the past.

35. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    I really think the site needs a poll feature...

36. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    Yes poll feature is needed

37. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    salam wasim i did replaced the old ones and added few more, will add more.. meanwhile if anyone have any favs, share them.

38. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Good work DL!

39. floatingslip

floatingslip Youngsta Beauty

Feb 27, 2010
    Best of luck Merc. PP is a lesser site without you.

40. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    The site looks great.may be this better than pakpassion graphics and quality(not count member).but the name is not very much.