Welcome to Cricistan -- We'd love your feedback

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Jan 20, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Cornered Tiger

Oct 5, 2014
    Ok well in my experience on a few forums i will rate this one as the best in terms of quality of discussion. I will give it an analogy. I have been extremely active on three forums ( i will count this one as one of them) and in cricketing sense i will rate them

3. PP which is more in the form of T20 with many hack posters swishing the bat around and no technique or temperament existing in them while there are a few gems around but there are many who arent.

2. A political forum in the form of ODI. It has its fair share of hacks but it also has a huge number of fine posters who actually know what they are posting and have detailed knowledge about it which makes it extremely fun and knowledgeable to talk to them.

1. Cricistan in the form of test cricket. This isnt flattery or buttering. I have not seen any hack posters here. even the worse of the lot actually post with sense. Its amazing but the thing is that this is an elite club of knowledgeable posters and just like tests its extremely inactive. You will rarely find rubbish here but this diamond mine isnt exactly stretching. An amazing forum and an intellectual forum that needs to be stretched as such so that it can grow and show what an amazing forum this is.

The interface is amazing and shows the hard work that has been put in it and the moderation levels are amazing which is always an upside. All in all a great site to be on and i am glad that i came here.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 10
    • List
  2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    It makes you look childish. You aren't a kid to use lol even in a serious post.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

It was unstickied ages ago plus we have have a whole forum for suggestions

4. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    I know I've complained about it on quite a number of occasions in the past but I have now grown to like the humdrum speed/activity of Cricistan in comparison to PakPassion.

The sheer membership numbers of PP means there is quite a large amount of low-quality, irrelevant posts but more significantly, Cricistan's slow pace means if you take a break from this forum then you can quite easily join the discussion again without having missed much.

I personally like to read all previous posts in a thread before producing my own post and Cricistan allows this luxury. The cricketing analogy would be to listen to Geoffrey Boycott's commentary in a Test match - a few peaks of emotion but mostly valuable comments about the match situation in hand.

Hoping to post more actively here in oncoming months, I haven't posted much tbh - especially in proportion to the amount of time actually spent here. Seriously need to use my time more productively here in absorbing information.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  5. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Nice to read that you're liking the forums much more now than perhaps you did previously.

I was actually thinking the same that you have relatively gone a bit quieter since you eventually started off.

6. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    No, I never disliked Cricistan but was a little frustrated when I was one of the lone few actively posting on here (when activity was extremely low). But with the introduction of all of these new posters and the general increase in activity, I have grown accustomed to the quieter nature of CS. It's like the slow rhythms of a Test match session.

I myself was looking through the last few pages of the 'Describe a Poster' thread and noticed how regularly I had been mentioned favourably. Have been relatively quiet in the last two months or so but will hopefully start posting again very actively again now in the coming weeks.

7. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Didn't mean to say that you disliked it before just said that you have got to like it even more now as the activity has slightly risen plus it's all about the content we post here that would appeal to others to start posting!

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  8. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Good to see lots of smart posters joined up lately!

• List
  9. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    I quite like Cricistan, yes it can be quiet at times but I don't mind that as I feel it's more about quality rather than quantity here.

The thing that makes it more enjoyable for me is the posters here, most I've conversed with hardly carry an agenda of sorts which is rampant on other forums, where posters run in with certain player cards screaming and shouting about their "talent" and bashing players that aren't young enough for them. I hope Cricistan continues in this regard and doesn't allow such posters to join and degrade the value of such a great forum.

Only qualm I would have (something that would generate quite a bit of activity as well) would be the homepage, seriously needs updating and that too consistently, otherwise a great forum with fantastic posters and the mods are fair cool around here :p.

• List
  10. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Lols, Bullet Drive is on this forum, Sixer :p

11. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    What?! Yaar usko merey se door rakna :p.

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    when i first came here chandtara bro was making threads after threads without any response.. there were hardly any replies to those threads but chandtara never complained and continued his hard work.

then Energy bro came..he wrote some brilliant articles, again the response wasn't much but he continued his work.. even ran 3/4 seasons of CSL in his busy schedule yet never complained about lack of activity.

you just contribute your bit rather than complain about lack of activity again and again.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 7
    • List
  13. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Mercenary where is the promised package of update to the site? Will you implement it before the coming WC or not? You lazy guy. :p

14. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Wc is like tommorow for Merc, a good few years till an update :p

15. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Maybe before the world cup in 2019 :p

16. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    I joined long ago :slap

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  17. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    You're not in the smart category, you're ahead of that more like in the baqir league.

There's dull, average, smart, baqir.

• List
  18. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    You forgot me :p

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

yeah you as well.. but you complained about lack of activity :p

20. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Chal bey

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  21. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Infarction on its way?

22. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Chup bey

• List
  23. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Why? You don't wanna skype with him and pak players?

• List
  24. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    I agree with you Passionate Pakistani, I should've concentrated on being active myself rather than complaining about the lack of activity.

But I guess having been accustomed to the 'buzz' of PakPassion round the clock made me frustrated to having to wait so long for replies to my threads...hence the constant grumbling.

• List
  25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    • Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 9
    • List
  26. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    • Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  27. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    All new posters are brought by the mafia SwingNSeam lol..

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List