What do Pak need to do to Qualify?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Fireworks11, Jun 12, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    4 might be enough.But i dont see Pak making the semis, Pak have a small chance of beating india, if they do that then they might win 3 more matches from remaining 4.

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    If we win 4 out of 5 games we will go through. Nz is going to lose to ind aus pak n safrica.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Can somebody pls post points table?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

4. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    The first goal should be to win against India, nothing else matters. That one game is as important, if not more, than the WC. Accomplish that and then think about the rest.

5. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    Nz and india will take a point each will be rained off

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    5 wins means you won’t depend on other results. With 4 wins there is still chance but depend on other results. With 3 or less wins no chance at all. It’s simple you wanna progress win all the remaining games. This team had very very low probability of winning 5 on the trot.

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    4 wins and 5 wins lol
    Hathi ka sar!

I wonder if they can even beat Afghanistan?

8. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    So messing around with the table using the fixtures we can sneak through if we win 4 games.This is ofcourse heavily reliant on there being no more washouts and the favourites winning each game. We need England to lose to Australia,New Zealand and India.

9. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    What we need to do to qualify? Assemble the infinity gauntlet.

Losing isn't an issue but losing to indian douchenozzles And then suffering the indignity of getting ko'ed by them is a bitter pill.

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    we can make things easier for us somewhat by defeating the old enemy on Sunday.

11. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    95%-5% India to Pakistan.

Pakistan 5% only happens if Kohli, Dhoni and Bumrah end up breaking their legs before the game lol

12. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Definitely but it's not looking good on the weather side of things.

13. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    The game is pretty much decided on the toss. Who ever bats first is gonna win 9/10 times when it comes to Pakistan vs India.

14. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Sadly thats true. More so for Pakistan who just cannot chase at all. Could be 10 runs away with 10 wickets yet will still find a way to lose by 9 runs!

To progress Pakistan now has to win both india and new zealand. No other way

15. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Wrong! If india bats first then they will win as i dont see them scoring less than 290-300+ which Pak can't chase.If Pak bat first then they need to score atleast 325 to win, they have the potential to do that but they can also fail under pressure and end up scoring just 200.

16. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    Rain is forecasted from 2pm onwards on Sunday. Pak need to bowl first, so we know where we stand with DL in the chase

If it was clear day I would have wanted Pak to bat first and score 300+ and win the game

17. Hero

Hero Youngsta Beauty

Mar 18, 2019
    Some of the pessimistic fans deserve the early exit. Same people dance in the streets when Pak win a game. Bipolar fanbase.

18. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Never make that mistake...
    Pakistan should bat first no matter what. Chasing and Pakistan is not a good combo no matter what

19. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    Theres a very good chance this game will be a washout, if that happens can we qualify with 4 wins from remaining 4.I live in manchester the weather is miserable here.

20. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Especially with a middle and lower order that has not gotten us over the line in recent memory.

21. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Yes, but 4 win out of 4 will be highly unlikely. Atmost Pak will win 3, and that will be the end of Pak in this cup.

From the reports, the match looks likely but may be of reduced overs

22. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    We can still qualify if we we win all 4 remaining games.

But then who do need to support in other game...?

23. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Lol you should be more worried about losing to Bangladesh and Afghanistan.

24. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Hello bro.

25. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    InshaAllah they will not win even one of those games. Enough is enough.

26. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    This aged well lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    For 2023? Top 8 in the ODI League

28. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    We need everyone to bycott WC and we will qualify for SF

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

29. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    And also win it LOL

30. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    Pak need to win last 4 games and hope for a miracle

31. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    I'm getting kind of sick from all this travelling and I have tickets for the Manchester semi final. The other game being in Edgbaston.

Even when the players took the field it didn't feel like we were going to win. We are such an average team that the players probably get surprised themselves how they manage to pull of victories. That's what 1 win in our last 15 games? Absolutely atrocious.

I'll continue to go too all the remaining games as well but it's honestly getting pathetic now. Today some of them looked like they don't even care.

32. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    They feel no pride in representing the country. They are so Jahils and unprofessional.

33. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Aim to win 4 matches in a row and have the fans make a lot of Dua

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    They can’t win playing scared. They didn’t bat first because of rain which hardly came.

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    They won't qualify simple as that. Are you taking NZ, Bangladesh & SA easy? Are you people in your senses? Just go to sleep and pray India does not win the WC.

36. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    They bowled first Cos there was cloud cover and they were afraid of batting and being 40-3 after 10 overs. Defensive mentality

37. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    That was the difference between winning and losing. This team can't chase. They sure can set a total though.

Also, cloud cover means nothing in England anymore. Pitches etc. have changed totally and are absolute batting paradises. Best off bowling second as at least spin may come in play

No idea why this team doesn't learn and still keeps picking to bowl first. Absolute madness

38. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    4 wins out of 4 will get your lot through without any assistance from the opposition. Not easy and really could have done with a victory against Windies. SL match getting rained off knocked off a point. The other teams including India will lose one or two matches before the semi's and even 3 wins might be enough

Good news for Pak is that 2 of the matches are against bangladesh and afghanistan. That's 2 guaranteed wins. SA are down on their luck and they'll probably collapse in a heap. Then it's the matter of NZ who look to be racking up the wins.

Pak always seem to take the hard route getting to the semi's (aided by a significant amount of luck as well) so I wouldn't rule them out. Also wouldn't be too hard on the Pak team, This is just them choking against India which happens every world cup. They'll be better for the next matches

39. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Guaranteed win against Bang, are you kidding, Bangs happen to be a better side than Pak, and Pak have been losing to them lately.Also Pak did not choke against india, Pak are simply no match to india thats why they lost this match. If Pak are to win all 4 matches, then they will also have to win toss and bat first in all of them.The chances of Pak making it to semis are close to minimal.

40. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Taking Bangla Boys for granted? They will win easy against these Lallus even Afghanistan has a better chance against us. And the less we say about NZ and SA is better. Pakistan can finish with max 2 out of 9 wins.