What really annoys you about life in the 21st century?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by KingOfDoosra, Oct 11, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    So.. I've got this Controlled Assessment coming up on Monday and whilst I was preparing for it I wanted to know 'What really annoys you guys about life in the 21st century?'

Share your views! (And hopefully I can get some ideas from this aswell) :)

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Life has become very mechancial and technical. No simplicity at all and sometime no emotions either :(

3. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    True, so true.

BUT would I be able to write an essay on that? :(

4. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

Yes, why not.

How many words??

5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Hatred, Jelousy, Hypocrisy.

Is higher than ever.

6. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    500 to 800.

7. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Any examples?

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

Brother this is something natural, this existed even 1000 years ago.

9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Personal experience.

10. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    People just don't have the time to enjoy life anymore. It's all a competition.

11. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Competition leads to more of this.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    The biggest enemy of human relationships are the same things which were supposed to bring us closer. The means of communication like mobiles, internet & such stuff. Now sitting on the net we have hundreds of some unseen friends on social networks but we don't even know the name of our next door neighbor. We don't know if our neighbor is well or sick or in need of something.

Spending too much time online also have a negative impact on our daily routine. Our relationships with our siblings, spouses, children, parents and friends are going down by the day.

13. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    What annoys me is that students these days taking the easy way out, go ask somebody in real life! making a thread on forums is a cop-out.

:p

14. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    This thread is what is wrong with the 21st century.

Asking a question to your friends on social networks, discussion forums.

If all fails there's google.

For me personally, Multitasking in real life is pretty annoying. Its amazing how we can do so many tasks together at the same time. While i am writing this, waiting for something i am downloading to be finished, i've already made a few phone calls, i've recieved a text i am thinking a reply for, couple of projects i am brainstorming for i need to start, i pressed cntrl+z and almost had a mini heart attack as what i wrote was all gone, then i found the redo button and i didnt panic, im listening to music on my phones, read a forwarded email, work email, checked news on twitter and now i am finally going to post this.

15. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
  16. karachigirl

karachigirl Tracer Bullet

Sep 6, 2011
    People are no longer worried about others, all they care about is themselves.

People no longer listen to what you have to say, they start judging you right away.

People always want what's bigger and better. They can't seem to be grateful of what they have.

17. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    Man this is going to be a long list:

- The complete blurring of line between wants and needs. They are not the same. You don't need much to survive. Everything above that is a luxury that you are neither promised nor deserve. Things can be taken away from you at a minutes notice. So appreciate what you have today because you won't have it forever.
    - People diverting blame. Its that guys fault, its their issue, they are racist, they conspire, they are against me etc etc. None of this shit matters. No one asks why on either sides. You can't fix a problem you don't diagnose.
    - People talking about shit they have no idea about. This I deal with every damn day at work, online at home. I don't know when this happened but these days apparently everyone is an expert at everything.
    - People have stopped listening and understanding. People just argue for the sake of it. Just because someone has an opinion that doesn't mean I am against you or I have an agenda. I have different experiences and everyone is allowed an opinion.

I am gonna quit because this list will just keep on growing.

18. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    this is really really annoying.

Thats one reason i have stopped getting into arguments with people in real life. I just feel sorry for the people who like to pose themselves as intellectuals by shouting their lungs out and feel good about themselves. Even more for the people who agree with those @holes.

ps. long time no see, u missed the free hd streams of world t20 here.

19. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Your lucky your not doing a 3000 word essay :p

20. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Louis CK on technology and people moaning about technology:D Warning....STRONG LANGUAGE.

21. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    Man we are emotional people. Its usually the one that yells the loudest who gets the most attention.

Was away for a while bud, at a nice beach with no internet connection. Sucks to be back but so is life. Dont worry too much I will survive.

22. Strength Is Life

Strength Is Life Talented

Jun 20, 2012
    Some excellent points mentioned by various posters above. Very well explained. But, I would like to contribute to this thread through the prism of my own personal experiences.

So, here I go on the things that annoy me about the 21st century:

Unrealistic comparisons: When I was growing up as a kid, the frustrating comparisons that my relatives, cousins and unfortunately sometimes even my parents indulged in. Typical comments would be "Hey, why don't you look at the kid the next door, he always scores 90% or above in all of his subjects and you are always lurking in the 70%, are you not ashamed?". It was a rage those days that everybody wanted to either be a doctor or an engineer. So, irrespective of the abilities, aptitude of the kids the parents always goaded, chided and sometimes forced kids to choose subject areas which may not have been to their liking. Luckily I was always very clear about what I wanted in my life and communicated the same to my parents and they responded in kind. But, my younger brother was very nearly forced to take up something which he had no love for. After I picked up commerce and social sciences as my academic field of study, pressure began to grow from my relatives, my dad's colleagues at work, aunt's who had no idea what they were talking about --pressing my dad that at least your second son should choose mathematics or sciences. This is where I put my foot down and made it very clear to everybody that my brother will do what he likes to do. But I know of many people who were victims of this unnecessary, illogical, unrealistic comparisons and are now leading their lives with a deep sense of resentment. The same was true with students going to USA. One guy started off this and our whole locality was hooked on to this idea that their sole purpose of living on this planet is to see their daughter or son in the USA. Here too I resisted severe pressure from my relatives. When I first mentioned to my uncle that I am going to New Zealand, he mocked me "What are you going to do there -herd sheep?". It was ironical because he was talking about "sheep" without realizing he was one among the many sheep who believed their sons were useless unless they made it to the USA. Really annoying these stupid comparisons. But these comparisons can be really harmful because I have seen youngsters cripple under the enormous pressure mounted by parents, peers, relatives and from the larger society to do things which they do not have a natural inclination for. And sometimes it gets too late for them before they realize that all this time they have led a life shaped, dictated by someone else's expectations of what their life should be.

Jealousy: As Passionate Pakistani has mentioned I think jealousy has existed since the dawn of humanity, but what I have noticed was perhaps more relevant to the 21st century. From what I have noticed jealousy had an intrinsic relationship with unrealistic comparisons and expectations. There are many examples I can give but, drawing from my own experience, when I was kid, I saw how the families in our locality reacted with jealousy when someone purchased a color television for the first time. Irrespective of your personal financial situation there was a mad scramble in our locality for color televisions. Within the next 6 months, every home had a color television. Similar was the case with refrigerator, air cooling machine etc, etc. In some ways it was sad that material things directed your choices irrespective of the actual need of that machine or equipment.

Time after school: As a school going kid, once I returned home at 3.30 pm, I just drank some milk, hit the cricket ground with my friends at 4.00 pm and played till 7.00 pm, came back home did my home work and watched some TV and hit the bed by 9.30 pm. Nowadays whenever I make an inquiry with my cousins as to what my nephews and nieces are doing after school, the first response I get is, they are still at school. I just cannot believe the number of hours my nephews and nieces are putting in for preparing for those myriad competitive exams. In a way I feel sad for them that they are missing out on what I had so enjoyed when I was a kid--actual quality physical life beyond school. They always seem to be at school or in front of the computer.

False sense of importance on internet forums: Sometimes I get a feeling that some people without them perhaps realizing it, get a false sense of self esteem based on the number of people they interact in the anonymous world of the internet. What annoys me is some posters who are these internet warriors or as some people coined this term "key board warriors". Anyway I guess each to their own.

Last but not the least, I get very annoyed with some of the older people who always say "Hamare Zamaney mein----". Just because something is old does not automatically qualify it to be superior. The funny thing is when I try and point out to them several issues which were wrong in their time too, they get angry. I still believe that there are many things that I am really happy about the 21st century. But I wont be expanding on that since this is a thread about what annoys people about living in 21st century.

Cheers.

23. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
  24. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Tbh. I was waiting for him to post.

My exam is tomorrow. Perfect timing :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk 2

25. ImranQ

ImranQ Youngsta Beauty

Sep 21, 2012
    No privacy at all.

26. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Genuine/honest people are rare.

27. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    no more privacy

not easy to be isolated anymore :p

28. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    I think human ethics are at an all time low:
    • No respect for each other
    • No patience
    • Selfish desires
    • Accepting wrong as "its just how it is"

29. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    A big thanks to every single person who contributed in this thread.

In my 1 hour I wrote about 4 pages :)

30. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    4 pages with 4 big words?