What were your favourite TV shows when you were a kid?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mercenary, Feb 27, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    For the longest time I've had this annoying half complete memory of a TV show I was sure that I used to watch. All I could remember was that there was a car with blue light along it's edges and that it used to zig zag through traffic at super speed.

Over the years I've done several searches to see if I could find the show but I was never successful. Eventually I reach a stage where I was convinced that I'd made the entire thing up and that the show never even existed in the first place!!

But thanks to the miracle of the internet, I actually found this show the other day. I downloaded the first two episodes and sat there bemused, I still couldn't believe that the show was actually real.

Anyway it was a show called Automan about a police computer guy who creates a living hologram Superman to help him fight crime. So does anyone else remember this show, here's the into...

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    That Automan intro was a bit rubbish but then nothing beats the best intro music of any TV show and that's Airwolf...

3. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Man I love AirWolf use to watch it all the time when I was kid along with Anak wala jin.

When I came to the US one of the first movies I saw had the most impact on my life far as films are concerned for a long time. I saw the movie in my history class however the complete movie was never shown but for some reason I wanted to finish watching the movie and at the time I didn't really understand or spoke english so it took me forever to find out about the movie.

The movie I am talking is Glory which features Denzel Washington. If anyone hasn't seen this movie...you must!

4. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    i guess these are american shows because i never heard of them!

5. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Merc, what memories have you brought back!!! I used to watch Automan and Airwolf especially the music of it was so amazing! I also had the same vision in my head of a blue car which used to go like lightening through the roads with not remembering its name...Good old days!!!

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    How old are you Omar, I didn't think Automan was on that recently. I've watched 3 episodes now and I don't remember anything about it except the blue car.

7. Temptation*

Temptation* Youngsta Beauty

Mar 18, 2010
    When I was a kid I was into shows like Full House, Family Matters, Growing Pains, Boys Meet World. Other than that, I was a Disney channel addict.

8. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The Knight Rider intro is still 10 types of awesome...

...reminds me of simpler days when your biggest worry was hoping it didn't rain during playtime so you could smash the ball out of the playground!

9. Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar Emerging Player

Mar 18, 2010
    Full House, Home Improvement, Robocop, Family Matters, Family Feud, etc.

cartoons: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (my whole school was obsessed with it), Bionic Six, GI Joes, Captain Planet, Transformers, Superman.

10. Joseph K.

Joseph K. Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    One word: MacGyver

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hfzlQKKqVU&NR=1]YouTube - MacGyver Intro HD Season 1[/ame]

11. d0gers

d0gers Youngsta Beauty

Mar 22, 2010
    Automan is by the same producer (Glen A Larson) who made Knight Rider and Fall Guy. A couple other ones made by the same guy that I used to watch as a kid were Manimal (a professor who could turn into animals) and The Highwayman (futuristic crimefighters with high-tech trucks). Funny how all these shows were extremely popular in Pakistan growing up although in reality they were B-grade rejects that only lasted 1 season. In any case, I recently downloaded all episodes of Automan and Manimal. I've tried to find The Highwayman but haven't had any luck.

Another show I used to watch was The Wizard, about a dwarf crimefighting toymaker. Can't find this online either.

12. Jilawatan

Jilawatan Youngsta Beauty

Apr 14, 2010
    Aainak Wala Jin ... ;)

13. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    From the shows you've named. I've only watched Knight Rider, Fall Guy and Automan.

I think the reason these shows were shown in Pakistan was because the rights were cheap to pick up and the Pakistani audience were new to TV and would've watched anything that was thrown their way.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I used to watch that in the UK, I think my dad got us some episodes on video. It was pretty good for a desi kids show.

15. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Great nostalgic thread!

Cartoons from my childhood

Pole Position
    Racoons
    Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
    Trapdoor
    Thundercats
    Gummy Bears
    Raggy Dolls
    Button Moon
    Rainbow
    Mask
    He-Man
    Smurfs
    Roland Rat
    Sooty
    Dogtagnan and the three musketeers
    Dungeons and Dragons
    City of Gold
    Teenage Mutant Hero (not Ninja!) Turtles
    Inspector Gadget
    Danger Mouse
    Trap Door

TV programmes

Going round the twist
    Byker grove
    A Team
    Magnum PI
    Baywatch (everyones favourite!)
    Thunder in Paradise
    Knight Rider
    Street Hawk
    Air Wolf
    Woof
    Mike and Angelo
    The Queen's nose
    The Little Hobo
    Saturday morning shows (going live, On a waterfront, Ghost Train,), anyboy remember the song from going live? '081 811 8181'
    Rolf's cartoon club
    TJ Hooker
    Dallas & Dynasty (mums favourite)
    Blue Peter

The list goes on and on. My generation watched a lot of TV but always made time to go outside and play football or be active. This thread is bringing back a lot of memories.

16. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    We must be the same age Waq. Thanks for reminding me about Dogtanian and Woof! Woof was brilliant, I used to love that show.

Do you remember Supergran and my favourite Bat-Fink??

17. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Vaguely remember Automan, Flash, Knight Rider, and another show called Hitman or Highwayman. Used to watch it on STN in early nineties. There was this series called Amazing Stories that used to come on PTV every saturday night. Was hooked to it, alongwith Thunder cats and Smurfs. Ainak Wala Jin was classic. A ptv thriller drama called 'Dhuwan'. There was also a show called Mystery Theatre, loved it, urdu show. Then came dish and came X-files, Small wonder, Ninja turtles, Alladin and all that crap. STN/PTV time was far far better!

18. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Merc, yes I believe we are the same generation.

I vaguely remember Batfink and Supergran had hilarious intro music.

Do you remember an ITV serial caled something 'East'. It might of had Sayed Jaffery in it and many older British Asian actors. Came out in the late 80's?

19. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    i watched a bit of ainak wala jin when i visited pak, but not in the UK

:eek:

Waq, you mean East of the equator,

20. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    I used to love the comedy of Moin Akhtar. Also used to watch Talat Hussains programs in which he used to grill whoever used to come on his show ....a real sharp journalist he has always been! Perhaps he inspired me early on in my life to pursue journalism

21. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Tom and Jerry, never gets old

22. Joseph K.

Joseph K. Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    I still watch Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny with my kids and we always laugh having seen these cartoons hundreds of times. About Manimal and the man who could change himself into different animals:
    We used to point at our younger brother and say, "he WAS Manimal. Once he turned himself into a donkey and forgot about how to become a human again. Now you can see the result of that forgetfulness!"

I liked the intro of Perfect Strangers:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbnLYROCj8]YouTube - Perfect Strangers Intro[/ame]

My second favourite theme song was from The Littlest Hobo:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw]YouTube - The Littlest Hobo[/ame]

23. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    ainak wala jin
    teen bata teen
    kollege jeans
    pink panther

24. karachigirl

karachigirl Tracer Bullet

Sep 6, 2011
    Hannah Montana
    Suite Life of Zack and Cody
    Cory In The House
    Thats so Raven
    Suite Life on Deck
    Wizards of Waverly Place
    My Babysitters A Vampire

25. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Did anyone ever work out the super secret magic word that turned Ted into SuperTed?

26. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Small Wonder, rest were only cartoons.

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Super Ted is a legend. He was the only reason I visited the dentist when I was younger. Just for the Super Ted sticker the dentist used to hand out

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Nothing beat a bit of Tom and Jerry though. Even till this day it gets you in stitches!

29. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Okay, didn't know cartoons were included.

1) Johnny Quest :rolleyes:
    2) Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles
    3) G.I.Joe
    4) Batman

30. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Arthur, Power Rangers, Tom and Jerry. Many others that I cannot remember. :confused:

I used to love that and used to get called a boy for liking it, haha!