1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

What would be ur squad for ODI series vs India?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Jul 24, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    My team for India series
    News of Pak-India cricketing ties revival has delighted fans in Pakistan and India and everyone is eagerly awaiting the bilateral series with anticipation. I would like to put forward my team for India series. Lot can change as there is still a lot of time left for the series. However, my side in present circumstances would be
    1. Hafeez, 2. Shahid Afridi, 3. Shoaib Malik, 4. Azhar Ali, 5. Misbah, 6. Umar Akmal, 7. Razzaq, 8. Adnan Akmal, 9. Gul, 10. Saeed Ajmal, 11. Junaid Khan
    Reserves: Rehman, Sami, Hammad Azam, Nasir Jamshed, Sohail Tanveer, Yasir Hameed
    I have tried to include mostly stroke makers in my lineup to be able to match India’s batting strength. Afridi would provide a flying start and Shoaib Malik in past has batted well at No. 3 in odis especially against India. I have included Azhar Ali and Misbah in the middle order for consolidation. Gul, Junaid and Razzaq are there as pace options and Ajmal, Afridi, Hafeez and Malik as spin options.

2. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Let us complete the games that we have ahead of the India series first.

3. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    That batting line up is very inconsistant, hafeez hardly ever performs, afridi can hardly be classified as a batsman, dont get me wrong he is good but very unreliable, shoaib malik has just made a come back, so he isnt in the best of forms, azhar ali is probz the best batsman on the side, razzaqs makin a come back, not sure about his form, umar akmal performs when he feels like it, misbahs just misbah nothin can be said, you've got far too many bowlers and all rounders and not many proper batsmen...

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Agree. Quite a bit of cricket to go before the series begins. We should really be discussing the possibilities more nearer the time. As always my take on it is that the players that are in form should always be picked first.

5. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    Mine would be;
    1. Mohammad Hafeez
    2. Azhar Ali
    3. Mohmmad Yousuf
    4. Asad Shafiq
    5. Misbah
    6. U. Akmal
    7. Razzak
    8. Afridi
    9. Saeed Ajmal
    10. Junaid Khan
    11. Umar Gul/Rahat Ali

6. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    I've selected 8 batsman and 6 bowlers in my lineup. And it would be the right option.
    Azhar would open because we have on consistent and reliable opener. Yousuf is much better than any other ODI player in Pakistan. Shafique can stay on wickets with runs. We need Misbah just in his classic style 'Tuk Tuk'.

7. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    The idea is to destroy the bowling up front that Afridi can do only as he has got the license to do as he is primarily in as a bowler. Shoaib Malik can carry the momentum. Azhar Ali and Misbah in the middle order. Umar Akmal, Razzaq and Adnan Akmal to hit out towards the end

8. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    I like ur thinking but adnan akmal wouldnt really be the right choice at the moment as a wickt keeper batsman, i would prefer kami...

9. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    Yeah and Kami will take revenge :)

10. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Razzaq is past his prime. You have to think ahead now.

11. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Afridi opening against indian attack is important he might fail but there are more chances that he will click in important fixtures like this. Batting down the order pressure of situation gets to him. Opening will allow him to play his own game and pace the inns as he likes he will have to pick and choose

Hammad Azam then is my choice if not Razzaq point is Razzaq is really really dangerous down the order. Hammad was impressive too in Asia Cup

12. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    Razzak is far away from Hammad. Razzak served Pakistan in many critical situations with ball and bat.
    He is very dangerous weapon against any bowler at last stages of game. Hammad is talented but give him time to prove itself as Razzak did many times. I personaly rely on Razzak 99.99% more than Hammad.

13. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Just one request. Please bring Sami :D

14. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Just so you guys know - Razzaq announced over a year ago that after the 2012 T20 World cup he is going to retire.

15. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sami performs well in shorter formats so not a bad choice and i was thinking on the lines of including him in place of Gul who has been rather inconsistent off late

16. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    do u think so??
    u turns are in trend with the pakistan team so i wouldnt be waiting for razzaq to retire yet.