whats SENA?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ElRaja, Jan 5, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    I know what the acronym stands for but its fkng silly.

south africa bonuces and seams, england swings but fairly flat once the ball is old and the suns out, new zealand swings a fair bit all day depending on wind conditions and australia is flat for the most part.

these four countries are pretty different and the acronym SENA gets on my nerves.

if you want to talk abt players who play well in foriegn conditions, jst say that, foreign conditions, no reason to invoke the name of one of the greatest F1 drivers for no reason. :|

2. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    That's senna. Sena are the jobless shiv sena guys in Pune

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    This term is invented by Cricinfo guys after India started doing well in these countries. What about BIPSU then?

Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & UAE. Should we check the stats of SENA players in BIPSU too?

4. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Bangladesh serve little purpose except to pad up stats of the visiting cricketers. So far atleast, They might be better in the future.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I saw it on an Indian forum so started using it, whose got time to write South Africa, England, New Zealand and Australia?

But here is my assessment, England can be the hardest to bat, Whenever the clouds are black and you have them dukes ball and a moist pitch you are done but it doesn’t bounce as much, the bounce is just perfect which is why when the sun comes it becomes so easy to bat or the degree of difficulty is less.

In Australia they have two quick pitches in the WACA and the new stadium and Adelaide also bounces, Sydney is like playing at the Oval pitch, Hobart also has bounce in it, Melbourne is a flat pancake, bounce is like Old Trafford, Brisbane also has lots of bounce but eases out as match goes on.

NZ I don’t know much about but some pitches have bounce whilst others are very much like England but it’s a kookaburra ball so if you survive 30 overs you can bat big and you don’t get them clouds as often but the pitches generally are always lush green so it supports seam movement.

SA is the worst to bat on but they can dish out different tracks, sometimes it can be a belter but generally the ball bounces of these pitches.

Compare to UAE though, UAE is a batsman destroyer, in India I’ve seen atleast the batsman can hit through the line and some pitches have same bounce as Eng, NZ even same as Aussie ground sometimes but UAE has no bounce and on top of that it’s slow so you can’t time anything and when you go away to where the bounce is mkre you will get destroyed, generally though the hardest pitch can be is a green pitch that is fast and has lots of bounce, if you do well there as a Sub Continent batsman you will do well everywhere.

6. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    jeez dude, do u really think i didnt know that? and i know sena means army in hindi too. either tell me its pronounced differently or move along.

then just say foreign or alien conditions, isn't that the whole point of separating spin dominated and pace dominated conditions?

that explains a lot.

7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    If you say foreign conditions this would include West Indies and Zimbabwe aswell.

8. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Exactly.

9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Its a bit misleading too because some cricket is played in Scotland and Ireland so I therefore propose England should be changed to the UK.

Now we have made that change we can ask how have Asian batsmen performed in SUNA, but that doesnt sound as catchy.

For the sake of alliteration lets bring the A to the front of the Acronym so it sounds more punchy!

Check these headlines out!

Kohli top Asian run scorer in A.N.U.S.

Azhar Ali's continuous failures in A.N.U.S conditions pose a worry for selectors.

Ashwins balls fail to turn in A.N.U.S but get a lot of movement in non A.N.U.S conditions.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I thing England pitches are almost same flat as Dubai pitches now with some movement early on. Even headingley won isnt as supportive as it used to be unless there is a massive cloud cover

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk