What's the situation with Wahab Riaz?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Omar, May 10, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Now what's the latest news on Wahab Riaz as to not finding any place in any squad that got announced today.

Has the ICC got anything to do with it?

What's causing him to be kept away since that ill fated match of the Asia Cup he played and bowled absolutely horrible to say it that way.

Am not saying that he deserves to be in the side, but would be nice to know what's the story behind him getting ignored from quite sometime.

He does really need to sort his bowling out as the pace is there but there is no direction to it and as I have said before the wrist falls away and the seam placement is as well.

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    He will have a good time on twitter

3. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Don't know why it went 3 times

4. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Is that all he's good at now?

5. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    He should stick to tweeting.

Maybe they'll start taking bets on how many words his next tweet will have. He could make some money that way.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    He is very good at that....

7. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Don't think he's been treated unfairly. Seen it with Sami, now its Riaz's turn, but it should benefit him in the long run, if he decides to put his head down and grill himself the hard way to learn.

8. Boi

Boi Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    He's been hard done by imo. Misbah and the management have got it horribly wrong the way they have managed him. Riaz is a rhythm bowler who needs a consistent run of games to reach that level. What we've seen in the recent months is the he's been given a game here or there without any specific role. An attacking bowler by nature, but Misbah brings him on in the middle overs to keep the runs down, and when someone hasn't played consistent international cricket for a while there are chances they will go for runs. Yes, he had a shambolic game against India BUT he was coming off the back of no or minimal match practice, in a high pressure game.

Wahab has taken 5fers in England against England and in India against India. The guy can definitely bowl and I hope during this period out of the side he works on improving his control of the ball and comes back stronger, insha'Allah!

9. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Wahab's bowling seems to have suffered during the time in which Waqar was coach. The need for a world class bowling coach is ever so important with the lack of genuine fast bowlers around.

10. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    I dont know whats happening with wahab a good seamer not utilizig properly why

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Wahab is still feeling the after effects of trying on that jacket, I still think he didn't know the money was in it but the NOTW speculation ruined both Wahab and Hameed's careers.

Also it doesn't help to have a captain who is clueless on how to use fast bowlers.

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Merc..i dont agree with this notw effect because wahab played against southafrica, nz, worldcup and westindies after that scandal. He was successful in almost all the series but since misbah has been appointed as captain, he lost his way.

I think his career is ruined mostly because of Misbah. Not only him but also many Young Fast bowlers. Misbah love for Aizaz Cheema and Spinners is appalling.

13. Swinger

Swinger Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2011
    The jacket incident was never addressed head and hence always leads to doubts of fixing whenever Wahab underperforms. I also can't remember any statement Wahab made to explain his position regarding the jacket. Merc if you have some details on why you think hes innocent that would be great.
    Wahab shouldn't have been dropped imo. He tended to be expensive but possesed genuine pace alongwith a good strike rate. Looked a different bowler after being "rested" for the Zimbabwe and WI series.