What's with all the Misbah bashing?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Dec 31, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Sherry

Sherry Youngsta Beauty

Sep 12, 2010
    Misbah can cross 13,000 runs easily but in book cricket....kyon kay us mein tuk tuk nahi hottaa... lol

2. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    You can be a comedian but only in your own mind, kyon kay thats the only place where you are funny.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  3. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012

4. Sherry

Sherry Youngsta Beauty

Sep 12, 2010
    deadlyvenom ka bhi ghar jala dou....

5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    A S/R of 40+ is good in test cricket.

6. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    No need to tell me tell our friend here

7. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Bhai mere, not at all. I have not equated SR with the ability to accelerate an innings, you did by citing Dravid's Average Test SR. You believe a 40 odd SR in Tests is indicative of Tuk Tuk, I disagree.

How can a player [Dravid] be accused of Tuk Tuk when he holds the record for the second highest number of 4s scored in Test history? Does this sound like a defensive player to you?

Now I am not saying there is no time and place for Tuk Tuk, there is, they don't call Dravid 'The Wall' for nothing, but Dravid was scoring centuries for fun while blocking for glory meanwhile Misbah just goes on and on with his Tuk Tuk.

8. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Where did I say a 40SR in Tests is rubbish? We are talking about Tuk Tuk mentality and the ability to accelerate an innings.

9. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    How do you measure TUK TUK mentality?

10. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Well it's on a scale from 1 to Misbah, so...

11. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    LMFAO!

12. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    I would look for effect. Forget batting, Misbah's captaincy is renowned for being defensive, his post match conferences are defensive, and his excuses are of a defensive nature.

13. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    NH - you are usually quite sensible ..

But ur hate for Misbah makes no sense.

He has been a breath of fresh air for Pakistan cricket over the last few years.

Yes he has flaws.

But he has provided real leadership.

14. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    What test matches have we lost due to his defensive captaincy or defensive post match conferences?

15. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Against westindies :shrug

16. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Specific examples.

None.

Sorry please come again.

17. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Iam not against him in Test Matches, wasnt not against his inclusion in Odis either but should have retired from Odis after WorldCup.

18. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Then why post?

This discussion was started by Namak Halals criticism of Misbah in test matches.

19. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Actually I don't think Misbah's captaincy in that WI Test was defensive at all. Pakistan attacked WI thruout in the field, twas our pathetic batsmanship wot did it.

Also Namak_Halaal I just realized you said that Afridi & Kamran got out trying in the 2007 Final T20--erm no they didn't. They put their inner need for a big hit over the priority of what was needed in a very manageable situation and COPPED OUT to leave us in desperate straits. Kamran came in early and happily swung across a straight ball from RP Singh. Afridi came in with 75 needed off 50 balls and instead of a calculated attack he happily slogged his first ball up in the air. That's a professional cop out

20. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Trying to these guys is closing your eyes and trying to hit da big sixers init bruv

its all about da sixers.

21. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Sad thing is that Afridi HAS played sensible yet attacking knocks (2010 Asia Cup, 1999 Chennai Test) as has Kamran (thru 2005/06) intermittently, it's just that they lose their rags under pressure as often as Misbah. Yes a spectacular match-winning blitzkrieg is a brilliant thing but so is self-denial. Like when Abdul Razzaq blocked the skin off the ball at Mohali in 2005 to secure a draw, or Shoaib Malik did in Colombo during a ten-hour innings the next year. These chaps are natural hitters with relatively poor technique but rather than throw the blade at everything they denied their natural instincts for the team's betterment. Misbah has often done the same, and just because he's blundered in some matches recently does not take those previous efforts away

22. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    ^In fact I'd go so far as to say that patience and self-denial is even harder than snatching a hard-hit win out of the blue.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  23. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Sir jee, I do not hate Misbah, I just find his one dimensional approach detrimental to Pakistan cricket.

24. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    In what way...

Its provided the discipline that our cricket has lacked for years...? There needs to be some additional flair but there is a better base to provide that from now.

25. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    lmao bump
    highest scorer of 2013.. Umar Akmal, Asad SHafiq and Haris SOhail all part of the squad....

so u admit u hate him

DeadlyVenom check this out

26. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Yes there were other posts when on PP he said stuff like he hates Misbahs face etc. Whinny little girl posts.

Quite a shame because he is sensible on most other topics.

27. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    LOL is this a JOKE?

Haris Sohail has played ONE game. Umar Akmal has played...uhm, how many? Asad Shafiq I couldn't care less about now that he's been given a consistent run. I'd even prefer Misbah over him.

Highest scorer of 2013 for WHAT!? Is the team winning consistently? Is the batting performing well? No and no.

• List
  28. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    How can you say Haris Sohail when he's played 1 International innings so far in his career?

• List
  29. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    you said he is keeping haris, shafiq and umar akmal out, while all those three cricketers are part of the squad. And out of the three two of them have easily made it to the playing eleven....

Its not Misbahs fault if Ahmed SHezad, Nasir Jamshed, are failing to perform... Misbah has shown his own performance and has always kept his end going, but wickets keep on falling from the oposite end..

30. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    hes part of the team now isn't he? and btw he has featured in two internationals now

31. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Have you ever considered why those wickets keep falling from the other end, so consistently?

Does it ever bother you that he plays at 60 SR, bumps up to 70 SR, and then gets out after his 50 without scoring more runs for the team? Probably not because you can't see the problem.

32. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Misbah should retire from ODIs, Afridi should retire from ODIs, Hafeez should be kicked out.

End of.

• List
  33. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Agreed, this is the solution to everything. All three of them need to go.

Likin captain kaun banega? I think the most experienced after them is Umar Akmal...

• List
  34. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Agreed, Umar Akmal seems to be the most honest with his country at the moment too. Haris Sohail can be a future replacement, he looks to be a decent candidate to be totally honest, or for the time being we could try out Saeed Ajmal? It's been ages since we had a bowler as our captain.

• List
  35. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I wasn't suggesting UA as captain. That'd be a terrible, terrible idea. However, it's not even enough of a reason to keep these 'losers' in the team.

And I say losers in quotes because I felt bad typing it out like that - they have served their country and given us some great moments, Afridi especially a number of times. But he does not need to be playing right now.

• List
  36. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    2 ODI's, Batted in 1 innings.

37. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Make Umar captain. First thing he will do is put Kamran back in side. Oh the joy.

• List
  38. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    you dint answer my first part....

What does Misbah have got to do with the falling wickets? Majority of the time when MIsbah came to bat this year, we would have 3 outs.... At that time Misbah is not even present... After 3 wickets have fallen, Misbah comes in and as there is quite alot of pressure on our team, he has to absorb all that pressure and then revive us.. WHile reviving us, batsmen on the other end dont stay on for a while, and they get out due to poor technique or playing stupid shots..(like the one Afridi played over legside last night, even when there were 3 fielders standing at one place).. Umar Akmal has been good with Misbah, but the rest have been terrible.... Shafiq, AFridi, Kamran, these are the guys who have been coming at the lower order this year

39. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    while Umar Akmal is a good player, he is not captain material..Its not necessary that good players become good captains.. If Umar Akmal had leadership qualities, then many players would had asked him to be groomed as captain..

Even though i dont really support Akhtar's views, but even he had mentioned in his biography that shafiq and Azhar Ali should be groomed for captaincy and he dint mention Umar AKmal who has got more experience then both of them

40. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    why should Hafeez be kicked out? Nasir Jamshed has performed worse then him this year.....