Where are they?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Cover Drive, May 29, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. TM Riddle

TM Riddle Smooth Operator

Feb 2, 2013
    I have always wondered if @s2k and cricketjoshila are same person.

2. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Talented

Apr 7, 2014
    Don’t think so.

3. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    How about throw some incentives for those who put in effort, have a thought process and research behind their posts? For example POTW (like PP) or POTM?

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Too many other priorities in life now and hardly any free time.

To some extent i agree with @ElRaja that you can not be bothered arguing for hours with people ( you dont even know) over some issues.. knowing that people will always have different views and reluctant to change. It is also kind of self righteous to think that you have the right opinion and have to change everyone else views lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    I’ve never joined a forum to have a debate with someone. My intentions were to have fun, troll and make friends

6. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree on first part, but why there is a need to arg all the time with others? Yeah sure, have your say and then let others to express their opinion and respect it. I don't see anything wrong with it. Not generalizing but I've from online forms that many have acceptance problem. Many people spends hours/days just to force others to acknowledge their opinion, but good does it do? satisfy their ego? I don't know.

7. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Everyone is an aristotle and expert in religion,politics and sports on forums and wants to impose his/her views on others.

Tbh forums are a very good reflection of our nation/society that how polarised and stubborn we are. Forget about disagreeing with views, we start hating people just because they have completely different views than us. Iam happy that i have finally grown up and dont bother about people with contrasting views.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

8. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Smooth Operator

Nov 4, 2014
    Translation : I have a wife :p

9. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Got engaged in April. Since then finding it really hard to find time for forums

10. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Are you baligh ?

11. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Couldn't agree more with you. I've observed the same and sometime wonder what happen if some people meet in person (of course these are those who hate each other just because of having difference of opinion).

Our nation/society's biggest problem in acceptance and tolerance.

12. MNA

MNA Talented

Mar 11, 2015
    I stopped posting some time ago for same reasons. Some people just could not talk with reason and evidence. You can argue and debate with people who are able to accept logic and evidence presented to them, not those who are driven by faith and belief in their own opinion.

There are many instances where I accepted my point of view may have been wrong and backed out when made to realize the flaws in my conviction, but cannot say the same about others.

13. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    No

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Knew it that you arent mentally baligh..noe you admitted that yourent physically either

15. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    You have some weird fetish stalking young members

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    ???? Translate into urdu please

17. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I hear you and I had similar experience many times on various forms with number of posters. And experience teaches me that those kind posters are:

1. Probably in their teens, where they believe they are always right and not have enough sense to understand the rational behind the posts of other poster(s).
    2. They've nothing better to do, therefore, wants to prolong the argument and derail the discussion.
    3. As I said before, have some serious acceptance issue and doesn't respect others opinions, because maybe at the end of the day, it will hurt their self-esteem.

Therefore, at the end of the day, its up to you to judge that are you up against a sane poster (who possess some thought process behind this posts) or playing in the hands of somebody who's trying to kill time. After all these years on these online forms, after exchanging some messages/posts (i.e. 3/5) with an unknown poster, I can get this sense that either I'm having a valuable conversation or its not the best use of my time to prolong this discussion, because other party is too stubborn to under the rational and is totally driven based on his/her own opinions - at that point its a complete waste of time.

Of course on the flip side, if you do know the poster then its much easier to indulge yourself in an argument, because you know it will be a healthy debate, and same goes for those usual culprits who you are notorious, you know that well, because had meaningless discussions with them in the past. So simply just ignore them and move on.

18. MNA

MNA Talented

Mar 11, 2015
    I will ditto you on many points. But them type of posters are not always teenagers with lot of spare time to kill. Some are actually older, more seasoned and hold reasonable jobs. Them I think are the most stubborn of them all and no matter what will not budge, thinking they are older and wiser and so must know better. Only if they did.

19. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL, agree and those type of posters I call 'Notorious culprits', I don't even bother reading their posts (forget about arguments), because I know already it will be full of garbage. So simply put, just ignore them and move on to the good ones.

Actually have had a discussion with one of those kind in 'Cricket' yesterday, because a genius was vouching for Kami cobra to be included in limited over squad because he's a Don Bradman of domestic cricket.

20. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Where is the angular @SwingNSeam

21. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  22. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  23. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    We don't get to watch PSL here in India.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Smooth Operator

Jul 17, 2017
  25. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    It is being shown in India

26. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Yes been a while since he's been here.

27. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    I doubt anyone would have subscribed to Dsports, it's unheard of in India.

The main sports channels here are Star Sports, Ten Sports and Sony Six.

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  29. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah all good. Just real busy. DC is on twitter. You can find him there

30. Double Agent

Double Agent Youngsta Beauty

Jun 27, 2017
    Where dem Nooras at?

31. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

32. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016

33. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    @iho ?? hope you are ok brother, there seems to be a very loud silence after such frenetic contribution the last few weeks.

34. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    @iho - no hard feelings man. Come and join the fun...

35. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Speaking for myself.. I don't get much time to post these days... responsibilities start owning you...!!

Always perusing....Still try and comment now and then.

Sent from my SM-N915A using Tapatalk

36. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    As long as you have a small quote per day/week to post some, it all good. We dont want to lose old posters :).

37. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I was busy for past one week with some friends visiting. I posted my analysis on General Elections post. Check it out.

38. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    wow what are the odds of that timing. shame you missed all the fun.

39. Double Agent

Double Agent Youngsta Beauty

Jun 27, 2017