1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Which of these bowlers you wouldnt want to face?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Disco Lemonade, Dec 18, 2009.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    [​IMG]

Isaacking. Congratulations. You have made one of the biggest backtracks on forum history.

Coming from a guy who says...

Gary Sobers was not an all rounder
    ICC do not have mandate to ban players
    West Indies bowlers didn't use pace and bounce
    Mervin Westfield will never be banned

It's hardly surprising given your record!

I'm sorry if I'm a pain but if you continue to be an ignorant and a hypocrite, I will continue to challenge you as one of my life ambitions is to challenge ignorance and hypocrisy.

2. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Being an Ajay Jadeja fanboy, Waqar doesn't scare me one bit.:cool:

I wouldn't play Ambrose.

3. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    as if jadeja used to pummel waqar every 2nd game :rofl

bad trolling attempt!!

4. Satyagraha

Satyagraha Youngsta Beauty

May 11, 2012
    Waqar was a very good bowler, just that he never gave us a hard time.

5. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Sadly injury and politics meant he only played 4 tests against India in his entire career. The only country with fewer tests against Waqar is Bangladesh!

If you look at his ODI record against India, he had an average of 24.48 with 37 wickets. Should have been better! But respectable enough. The only time he utterly pulverized you was this...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/65785.html

6. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    bowlers that scare me the most are slow left armers!! hence, i would not want to face rangana herath n shakib ul hasan.

7. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Strange choice :rolleyes:

8. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    actually rangana herath bowls both, the one which turns n the one which goes straight on, with a pretty similar action n since i'm a right hander, its always difficult to play the away going deliveries thats why i don't like facing slow left armers. #bamboozlingstuff

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    We move on as Curtly Ambrose progresses to the next round, but this time he is being compared with the big bird of his country, Joel Garner. So cricistanis, who would you rather like to face as a batsman:

garner.jpg ambrose.jpg

10. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    Lol thats like saying, I am an Inzi fan so Ambrose dosent scare me.

11. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Disco Lemonade toughie but maybe I'd rather bat against Garner. I think Ambrose hit the deck a bit harder, at least from what I've seen, whereas Garner with his height could extract awkward bounce off just a gentle pitch-nipper. A Garner bouncer may sail over my head whereas Ambrose may have me hopping all over the shop. With Garner I'm assuming that despite his excellent accuracy and famous yorker, I could maybe try to hit him on the full on the very rare occasions he did over-pitch, and also try to get under the bounce ball and hit over the infield

Of course much easier said than done and both were apart from being lethal also very hard to hit