1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Who are you supporting after Pakistan?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Feb 26, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Which team or teams are you hoping to see do well after your first team (which for the majority of us is Pakistan)?

Are you backing one of the underdogs or do you like the look of one of the tournament favourites.

Please give a reason for your choice.

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    After Pakistan I'm supporting Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Holland.

Bangladesh because I've always been a fan of the Tigers and I'm really impressed with the likes of Tamim, Shakib and Razzaq. This trio along with support from the others have helped to make BD more competitive, they're getting to the point where they arent far off competing with the big boys.

I'm supporting Sri Lanka because they have a wealth of unorthodox talent in their country. The likes of Murali, Mendis, Jayasuriya, Dilshan and Malinga aren't the sort of textbook cricketers the other major nations churn out on a regular basis. They also have more technically correct players like Jayawardene and Kulasekara as well. The mix between the two extremes makes for great viewing.

Holland are looking like the strongest of the associate nations and that's no surprise with the presence of county cricketers like Doeschate. I'm still aggrieved at the way Australia stole Nannes and then didn't really use him except for in T20 games. Imagine if Nannes and Doeschate had been opening the bowling in the World Cup. Holland may have beaten England and some of the other sides too.

3. Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar Emerging Player

Mar 18, 2010
    South Africa.

always support them after Pakistan. been a fan of the Saffies from the time when Bob was their coach. they had an awesome team back then. and still have a damn good one. hopefully they will break their aussie jinx this time. have a real soft spot for the Saffies.

4. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    sri lanka, for the way they dealt with the lahore incident

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    South Africa and Srilanka. Both teams are good. Srilanka probably has the best batting bowling and fielding.

South Africa always loved watching them, they have a wonderful batting. STill remember that record breaking target they chased down.

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I do like South Africa as a team but I also think it's hilarious that they can't win any major tournaments so I'd like to see that continue for as long as possible.

7. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    West Indiess!!! I live in trinidad after all!!:) Darren bravo = lara!!

8. Mohammad Aamer

Mohammad Aamer Emerging Player

May 3, 2010
    NZ for me. A bunch of modest, hard working guys.

9. iHammad

iHammad Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    South Africa and Australia, always.

Obviously not India. Not England because whenever we tour them, there is always problems. Sri Lanka, they have cry baby cricketers, and their umpires suck big time. West Indies aren't good anymore. I hate New Zealand commentators.

10. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    1)Any side which takes on Australia ;)

2)England (from the UK)

3)Canada (out of all the associate sides)

4) South Africa (big fan of Imran Tahir)

11. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Bangladesh... Sometimes i wonder who do i support more Pakistan or Bangldesh

12. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    Sri lanka .. Because even after the Lahore incident many of their players said they were ready to tour Pakistan again .. And they have a great team combination ..

13. Pakistan97

Pakistan97 Tracer Bullet

Sep 7, 2010
    australia and south africa bacause they have played really well in the last game.
    ABs century and a watchful win for australia against the kiwis.
    thats the reason why i pick them.

14. Amar

Amar Youngsta Beauty

Jun 4, 2010
    :SOUTHAFRICA:Support for South Africa due to Hashim Amla+Imran Tahir.

15. Markhor

Markhor Talented

May 9, 2010
    West Indies because they have a lot in common with Pakistan.The Windies are an unpredictable unit with some very talented and explosive players.They are very mercurial and temperamental with the likes of Gayle and Pollard.They even have their own set of brothers in the team like us ! Not the 3 Akmals,but the 2 Bravos,who are both extremely talented,Darren Bravo especially who is tipped to be the next Lara.

16. iHammad

iHammad Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    This is why I don't support Sri Lanka.

Their captain is a cry baby (appealing) Their home crowd is extremely biased and they don't appreciate any good innings (misbah and younus)

Some sri lankan idiots actually boo'ed afridi at the ceremony!

17. Yaser

Yaser Youngsta Beauty

Apr 8, 2010
    Bangladesh; Tamim and Shakib are great players.

18. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    Calm down young man.

You could be offending some people with your comments.

Take more pride with what you are saying.

19. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
    1 india

2 kenya

3 zimbabwe

4 west indies.

20. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    same here, though I also am a big fan of SA and also support England

21. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    This could turn out be a great weekend!
    -PAKISTAN beating Sri Lanka by 11 runs in their first major game of the tournament in a tough and thrilling fixture.
    -Then ENGLAND beating India too when they were totally up against it.
    Have I spoken too soon? Is there a twist in the latter?
    Comeon the STANIS and the POMS! So far the CWC 2011 is an enjoyable experience!

22. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I was at Lords for the T20 World Cup final and Pakistan fans were in the majority there. They loudly booed Dilshan and Sangakarra at the ceremony and throughout the tournament they were booing the opposition.

You should rephrase your statement to say 'some fans are idiots' because they come from every country.

23. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Ireland and Holland must be close to becoming everyone's second teams now. These two associates have shown the big boys what heart and determination is all about.