Who should be appointed Pakistan Captain?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 6, 2010.

Who should be Pakistan Captain?

1. Shahid Afridi

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Abdul Razzaq

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Shoaib Malik

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Younis Khan

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Mohammad Asif

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    4.5%

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    There's only one game to go in the RBS T20 and the T20 World Cup is only a couple of months away but Pakistan are still without a captain.

Who would you choose to captain Pakistan and why?

2. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I dont even know who to vote for. All I care about is us defending the world cup.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    So who do you think would give us the best shot at defending the World Cup?

4. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    So its ball-biter vs back-biter?

Afridi and Razzaq will throw the toys out of their pram if anyone else is named captain.

Malik is great.

for making groups. And he has no command over Afridi anymore.

Younis united them last time. Which nobody liked and was duly kicked out. Has retired from T20 cricket and suffers from mental problems, according to my imaginary friend.

No junior captain will be accepted by our demigods.

Give me something easier to work with, like rocket science.

5. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    I'm the only one to vote so far, Shahid Afridi! He's a good captain, he plays better with the responsibility but also motivates and cheers other players on and makes everything seem positive. Afridi is a thinking person, he has a fresh thinking unorthodox approach, he doesn't hold fear and not afraid of anyone. He will try to lead the team from the front with batting, bowling and fielding. If he's giving 110% he’ll expect others to as well. Only bit worry is when he does well in 1 part of his game, he becomes abit complacent on the other part of his game, eg if he does well bowling then he be's a bit complacent and over confident when batting.

Whereas Abdul Razzaq will play the same under any captaincy, he will be more of an orthodox captain, he seems like the guy that will just expect everyone to get on with their jobs but I don't think he will know what to do when things don't go the way he thought. He will be a bit hasty and panic in his thinking and approach. I'm just assuming this stuff but never seen Razzaq captain so can't say for sure but just base it on the kind of guy he seems.

Shoaib Malik
    is a decent captain but will he be able to get 110% from all the players? He overthinks plans and that makes him abit defensive at times in his thinking and approach, In other words he goes by What may or cold happen rather than what he wants to happen. Personally I don’t think he will have the backing of some players.

Younis Khan
    I know not many people were fans of his but I thought he was a very good captain and is a good human, his mental problems come from his passion, ambition and honesty for Pakistan Cricket. He wants the best player players, facilities and methods to achieve his ambitions but unfortunately PCB, players and staff don't like changes. When he gets what he wants he's happy eg Extra training sessions, players such as Fawad Alam, Umar Akmal, Mohammed Aamer and to some extent Shehzaib Hasan in last T20 WC. But not everyone likes change, or extra training, or new players. When players like Misbah Ul Haq go out of the squad, it makes their friends in the squad upset which in return brings rifts and grouping in the squad as other players feel the danger to their place in team. Younis is the best choice as captain, he needs to sort out his mental attributes out and get advice of people who supported him to become captain such as Imran Khan.

Mohammed Asif,
    You got to suspect his naivety and his intelligence when you look at his past problems with drugs. He's not even a definite choice for a place in the squad in my book, I don't think his kind of bowling suits T20 (hope if he is selected, he proves me wrong)

6. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    give it to Shahid, he's clearly been dying for it...and also because he is our most dynamic and important player.

7. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
  8. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I was all for Afridi being the captain in all formats before he went all Hannibal Lecter on the white leather. But despite that blunder he's probably still the best we've got.

Malik would be the perfect choice but he seems to insecure about his own position in the team to fully do justice to the role at the international level.

9. stig

stig Youngsta Beauty

Mar 3, 2010
    The only real possibilities are Afridi, Yunus & Malik. It could have counted in their favour if team would be more coherent, ie. having more than 3 players' experience & advice to call on. In short, Afridi has shown that the team has played better under him in the shorter games. I have my reservations regarding his position in the test team out of the subcontinent. They need to start grooming (younger)future captains from the domestic competitions.

10. sohaib-789

sohaib-789 Emerging Player

Mar 11, 2010
    As poll shows the right player was chosen.
    Afridi :)

11. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Abdul Razzaq is good candidate. Few years back one of the english county commentators said that Abdul Razzaq is one of the best captain he has seen in county cricket. But unfortunately he has never been given the opportunity in Pakistan.

12. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    mohammed Hafeez