Who should be sacked/banned? The PCB or the Players?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 12, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It's clear that all the posturing and committees and investigations being carried out right now are a smokescreen. It's a poorly disguised attempt to deflect attention from the poor management of the PCB by the current incumbents.

Why should we ban our players when we still have a guy in charge who presided over the Lahore attacks and a 9-0 whitewash. At least Iqbal Qasim had the decency to resign, Ijaz Butt has no shame and no conscience.

He blames everyone but himself and doesn't care in any way about the image or reputation of Pakistan cricket as long as he gets to keep his coveted spot.

How much longer can we tolerate him?

2. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    I have been fed up with this administration since Butt sacked Geoff Lawson, in the way he did. It just showed me that Butt is a loose canon. And we cricket fans are paying dearly for this.

3. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    We have always been fed up of administration. First Shahryar Khan was a villan because he wouldn't meet Younis Khan, then Naseem Ashraf because he sucked up to BCCI and banned both Shoaib Akhtar and Mohommad Asif (when clearly these two were the ones at fault). Before Shahryar Khan and Naseed Ashraf, General Tauquir Zia was also incompetent because used to directly interfere in team matters when it wasn't his place to do so. Now this Butt guy is also bad. Thing is he is as incompetent and corrupt as the rest of them so if and when administration changes whoever will follow will be same. Change of name / face will not change anything.

To be honest players are as bad as the management in PCB, there is a constant power struggle in PCB and same thing happens in our team too so you cannot just paint PCB as black and players as white, there is a whole lot of greay crap all over the place.

4. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    Previous adminstrations have been bad, yes. But nothing beats this guy Ijaz Butt. I have never been after the previous boards as other posters have, because I felt that they had bad days, but also some good days, and this is what Pakistan cricket is. We can wish for better people to run it, but we never get that. But Ijaz Butt, has really boiled my temper. In my view, he seems like a person who doesn't have a clue about anything. He will come out with one statement only to backtrack it the next day, if not the same day. Either he is getting too much advice and dont know who to listen to, or just maybe plain stupid.

5. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Totally agree here. Butt is officially the worse of the lot. He should have resigned after the Lahore incident. Inept is a kind word for him.

6. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    PCB should be razed to the ground

7. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    if the question is should PCB banned for the way they have handed out the bans and fines recently then a big No, thats the first good thing they done in years! They needed to set an example and the fact that Yousaf and Younis have said they not going to go to court show that they had a valid reason.

8. namak

namak Youngsta Beauty

Feb 16, 2010
    Clean slate.Yes, the PCB handed out bans, and yes, none of the banned players are challenging them. However, if you look at the day to day decision making, such as naming the T20 squad, not naming the captain, hiding information from the public, the whole mess of the Australian tour, the fact that Ijaz Butt did not back two successive selected captains with regards to player power, the fact that Yawar Saeed, who was knee deep in the player political games was the head of the "impartial" committee to investigate the Australia tour debacle, and the list goes on and on.

When I used to play galli cricket, we had a kid called Naseem Chotu, who was a good bowler, but a horrid batsman, of the Chris Martin style. One day, he swung his bat, and hit a six. the next ball, another swing, and another six. The third ball, which was the last of the match, there was another swing, and yet another six. People were saying "ab to chotu batsman ban gaya hai". After that day, he never hit a six again, and two years later, I left the city, so I dont know what happened to his future 6 hitting exploits(if there were any).

The PCB has done well with the bans. However, prior to that, it was a debacle. And after the bans, the whole captaincy issue is yet another debacle. Lastly, as long as sasur ji(M. Ilyas) is an active part of the PCB management, the legitimacy of the organization is in question. So yes, a clean slate is needed.