Why are Hassan Ali and Fakhar Zaman NOT playing vs. Ireland?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by DONhill, May 14, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Could some one shed some light to this please?

Seem to me that both Fakhar and Hassan are *Star* players, but why on Earth are they not playing???

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Only Mickey can add two cents to it.

I was excited to have Fakhar in Test, because he would give this one dimensional side that X-factor, which we need. At least one aggressor, who would counter attack, but 'coache' have some plans.

And same goes for Hassan, who can be very useful lower down the order to push the total.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Both should have played this Test.

Hasan is a far superior bowler to Rahat and Fakhar is worth a go in Test cricket, can provide blistering starts.

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    so that both Rahat and Babar can get dropped for good.

Hasan and Fakhar are playing against England, mark my words

5. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Because Mickey Mouse thinks that he is very smart.

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Mickey is so smart that he is picking a Test XI based on performances in T20s.

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    The pacers in Pakistan cricket at the moment are not able to take 20 wickets consistently. Play whoever you wish Amir, Hassan, Rahat, Wahab or Sohail. As a pace lineup its not good enough.

Also the tactics of enforcing follow on were wrong. Should have batted them out of the game and given vital rest to bowlers after first innings.

Nevertheless I expected Ireland to do well and to get a win even as @iZeeshan will remember!

8. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Test Matches is where Mickey is struggling with his strategies, team selections etc.

9. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Yeah, i think he got caught in a bind when he played Imam in the practice game and Imam ended up being one of the few batsmen to score.

It is absurd not to play Fakhar.

10. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    That is because this is real cricket. You need to be technically astute for 5 days, not fluke 1 good hour. Also as I have mentioned before, he comes across as the type of guy that develops favourites no doubt because they tell him what he wants to hear thus playing those very players in every match. I am pretty sure Imad Wasim would have been in this team too had he not had a career threatening fall on grass

11. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    Probably rotation policy. They've been playing consistently, needed rest.