Why do Pakistani bowlers bowl faster in T20I as compared to Tests and odis?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    What do you guys think?

Unfortunately cannot use ICC hawkeye for back up but of what I observed all guys increased pace, Hassan was the only guy who had least pace difference, I’m sure in long run Hassan will get success.

There is a 10 kph increase of pace for some guys from Tests to T20s *cough* Amir *cough* Faheem.

2. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Only 4 overs to bowl so they give it their all I guess

3. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    It's actually pathetic - and it's not even like Sohail Khan who would bowl 140 in his first spell and then go down in speed. Amir and Faheem had been bowling in the 125-130s from their very first spells in Tests and then all of a sudden when it came to T20s and they were bowling 138-142kph.

4. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
    Its about maintaining your fitness for the entirety of the match and this is where I echo with @KingOfDoosra that its pathetic.

I believe that the speed of a bowler is not the fastest he can bowl but the avg speed he can maintain and that is a genuine fast bowler.. Not these medium pacers..

In a test a bowler is expected to bowl 15-20 overs a day thus our bowlers who are neither genuinely fast nor genuinely fit control their speeds to bowl the entire match thus in our test matches we rarely if ever see our bowlers bowl above 137kph.. Wahab riaz also hovered around 133-138 kph with an effort going at 143kph...

In ODI a bowler is expected to bowl ten overs but play matches repeatedly and again our non genuine fast bowlers who are not fit contain themselves and try to bowl mid pace...

In t20 they have a conundrum.. Look a bowler is expected to bowl 12 overs max in a three match series.. That's about the world load of a single one day with day breaks!! Secondly the conundrum is that a mid pace back of the length is going to get smashed and thus the survival tactic is either accuracy, fast pace, smart slower ball ( since a misdirected one will be smashed). They are not accurate, they are not smart enough to confound the batsman with slower ones.. Thus they up their pace and start spewing the fake venom...

Nothing against them but that's their ability. That's the max they can do. We do not have fast bowlers and are slowly getting surrounded by trundlers bcz we used to have genuine fast bowlers who used to bowl with venom in tests!!

5. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    No it’s not that, Faheem bowled first ball in odi at 128 kph but in middle of T20 spell he got to 142 kph.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    There is something called preserving energy. If he starts with 140 in odis.. he wont be able to bowl at 100k after 5 overs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    More intense. Easier to maintain high pace in short bursts. With longer spells, pace drops.

8. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
    Exactly yet this is why I am against calling such bowlers fast bowlers.. They are nothing more than medium fast at best since in the longest of formats or the mod format their avg pace is 125-130kph..

I will give another example. Junaid khan had an effort ball that went 145-146kph.. But he could never maintain that speed since that wasn't his natural speed but an effort speed. His natural speed was always 133-137kph... These bowlers can bring their effort push to 142-145 kph which is why we see such speeds in t20 or in their last overs in death...
    Pakistan for a good long time has struggled to produce those fast bowlers.. I think domestic pitches and UAE has played a massive role in not only messing our batting technique but also our bowling.. Infact the repeated thought process in our domestic bowling is that bowl good length at less pace and you will have outrageous figures.. Which is why some of the best domestic figures are held by medium-medium fast bowlers in our domestic... When they come to international cricket the rules are completely different and their lack of developed skill aka swing, seam, yorker, slower deception or psychological deception...

We better brace ourselves for a trundler era and not the McGrath kind. :p :p :p

9. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    This is club level stuff.

10. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Not fit enough? Who knows.

11. Worldchamp

Worldchamp Youngsta Beauty

Dec 10, 2018
    Most bowlers around the world are able to bowl above 140+ in a short 4 over spell, sustaining speeds for longer periods of time is what defines a real fast bowler

12. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    I’ve never seen such a bunch of pansy and diva fast bowlers.

So scared of injury, so scared of burnout. They’re playing as if they are 40 years old!

13. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Not sure if it's a directive from management or their fitness coaches but it's ridiculous.

Guys like Waqar, Wasim, Akhtar, Sami and others would bowl top speed in even in test matches. I still remember Sami and Akhtar bowling in the 150s in a test match vs New Zealand back around 03/04.

From the current bunch, Hasan Ali and Shaheen Afridi seem to be the only ones who consistently try to bowl fast.

14. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

theres no money in tests. ask amir. there's good reason he wants to Gove up playing tests and it looks like his wishes are coming true.

15. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Bowlers simply not being fit enough, not following modern fitness, nutrition, drills. Even in domestic cricket the medium pace swing friendly wickets have made it easy for military medium pacers to pick up loads of wickets without having to bowl long spells and be on the field for 2-3 days hence it is no surprise to see these bowlers struggle badly in international cricket where they have to bowl longer spells

16. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    Great point and I made this in the babar thread too. Bowlers have it too easy domestically. It was the dead pitches of the past that produced all the great bowlers we had.

I’m sick of hearing of some bowlers killing it domestically, and when they turn up in int cricket, they’re merely 120k trundlers

17. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Hasan bowling in high 140’s consistently. Frustrating to see because these guys do not put in this much effort for their country.

18. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Feb 18, 2019
    Just look at Amir, has the arms of a teenager

19. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016