Why Haris Rauf is not in the squad? (Haris Rauf apologises for cut-throat celebration : upd # 60)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by isaacking, Dec 22, 2019.

1. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Saw him bowl in BBL AND found him to be better than Hasnain and Musa.

So why or for what reason he is not considered to play for Pakistan?

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I was wondering the same, however, Hasnain has only played limited over cricket, not Test yet (I believe he should be tried, because of his height and pace).

On contrary, here is what OP is talking about.

(5 Fer)

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I want him to complete the whole BBL and do well in PSL before we pick him for International side

4. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    He might be not ready for Test but LOI for sure he play. Replace raiz to be the enforcer.

His run-up and deliver stride needs to be more smoother for him to play Test.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Haris Rauf. Remember the name. Big fan of him. Raw talent. Needs to be picked ASAP.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    jury out for me.

although if they were going to pick children, have no idea at all why Mickinzi went for hasnain over rauf.

7. Red Devil

Red Devil Whispering Death

Dec 15, 2013
    Should be a part of our limited overs squads.

Love how he effortlessly generates so much pace with a short run up, much like some of the other modern day fast bowlers like Bumrah, Archer etc.

8. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    Should be in the T20I Squad ahead of Irfan, at least.

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Rauf axed after dream start in BBL

Pakistan’s fast-bowler Haris Rauf, who currently holds the BKT Golden Cap as the leading wicket-taker of the ongoing Big Bash League (BBL), has been removed from the Melbourne Stars squad after the arrival of South Africa’s fast-bowler Dale Steyn, despite a dream start to the tournament.

Rauf, who replaced the injured Steyn, claimed seven wickets in just two matches with an economy rate of 5.87. His fifer against the Hobart Hurricanes caught the attention of fans around the world due to his sheer pace and control.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/rauf-axed-after-dream-start-in-bbl

10. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    That's fine, Rauf has made his mark. This will increase the pressure on Steyn and Coulter Nile who are both returning. Hopefully another team will pick him up now.

11. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Interesting.
    What if Misbah was the chief selector of Melbourne Stars (even though, in reality they won't hire Misbah even as a chaprasi or a chai wala) who had made this decision to drop Rauf? lol, all hell would've broken lose.

12. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    One of the reason in my opinion that he might have raised some eye brows in Australia is his sentimental celebration and doing those classical Sajdas.

First, The Sajdas.
    The giving of sajda on the ground after 5 wickets or scoring a 100 is not a farz in Quran, so you can do it later in the privacy of dressing room.

It's a simple logic and requires basic intelligence to use some diplomacy. If you hold the doing of Sajda for the dressing room, God is not going to give you extra dips in hell. You are not going to lose your emaan.

No need to tell the world that you are a pious Muslim who performs Sajdas in the ground (and parties hard at night)

Trust me, this irritates many people in Australia - You are in THEIR country so try to strike a balance in the equation.
    Even Quran gives a hint about it. God sent angels to a certain nation, and those angles had the physical appearance and attire that look alike of those people.
    It tells you that when you are in a foreign land, try to blend in (obviously not by doing things that are against the Islamic code), but do respect the local social norms and avoid things that irritate locals. There is NOTHING wrong in it.

I have seen many foreign females when visiting a Pakistani mosque, cover their head.
    How would you feel if they enter the mosque in a short mini skirt?

Many of you may not agree, but I stand firm on my stance. Playing a little diplomacy when you are visiting a foreign land, will not turn you into a Kafir.

Also, his wicket celebration is sort of immature.
    Wasim Akram, Imran Khan and many, many other pace bowlers when they were at Haris Rauf's age did not celebrate like this even after having a better performance in the TEST and ODI arena.

He has to get over this immaturity, and don't act like a paindu who hasn't seen anything. Show some decency, have a composed posture and show maturity. Even the commentators were having a chuckle at your wicket celebration. This is BBL for FFS.

Look at Bhuvi - ice cold wicket celebration even when he takes major key wickets. Yes, that's an extreme but gives you an idea.

I wish him all the best if he gets more chances in BBL and hope he grows up a little.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    Talk about looking too much into it, yeesh. There's a foreign player limit. Rauf was called up as an injury cover for Steyn. Steyn is now healthy. To expect them to choose Rauf over Steyn is madness.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    As many Melbourne Stars fans are raising the point that there is another foreign player who could’ve easily been dropped to make room for Steyn.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    Why sajda is any different then pointing finger up or looking towards the sky after these milestones?

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Again, don’t cherry pick.
    Read the entire post and put it together to understand it better.

We are talking about being in a FOREIGN LAND where this public display of a show off Sajda is not a normal social thing but also it could irritate some people.

*Play it smart - THATS THE POINT.*

Raising finger towards the sky is a lot normal and more acceptable in that part of the world.

Still don’t understand it?
    Why should a white American woman care about going into a mosque in a mini skirt while visiting Pakistan?
    Why shouldn’t she not hug and kiss her boyfriend in the public while in Pakistan? These are just normal dress attire and act of affection in public for her. Why should she not do it?
    Does it make a difference when she does it in USA or inside a mosque in Peshawar?

ITS ABOUT BEIGN CAUTIOUS OF THE LOCAL SOCIAL NORMS OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE IN.

And so far this act of giving Sajdas in the ground itself goes?

Seriously, perhaps Tendulkar and Kohli should come back and slam on the faces of all these sajda doing hypocrites, and tell them, “Hey, we didn’t do any sajdaas, yet YOUR God is more generous to us in reaching cricket milestones, why?”

This too much show of religion and mixing it with sports, is not really a smart thing to do.

you can be as religious as you want, but don’t make it a display and a symbol of show off.

Religion is a very respectable BUT a private matter between a man and his God.
    It’s not a show off tool.

For a Muslim,
    A more important sajda is the Sajda of Salaat for which there will be questioning - worry about THAT Sajda.
    I ask these Sajda givers at reaching a cricket milestone if they prayed Fajr in congregation?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  17. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    I don't believe his celebration has anything to do with it. They have two main bowlers coming back who weren't going to sit and warm the bench behind Rauf and it would just create more headaches for them. And if it is because of the celebration, than its a pretty pathetic reason to suppress anyone's freedom to celebrate as they choose (for a country that supposedly believes in freedom) and if that were the case, I'm sure Rauf would put his overt act of being grateful to the lord ahead of pleasing some people.

18. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    I hope so too.
    It’s only my opinion towards the social norms and perception of some elements in the general public of the western world.
    I hope his style of celebration is not in his way.

So far as “pleasing the lord” part goes, The Lord has already told us VERY CLEARLY in the sequence of importance on the acts of what pleases him.
    And doing these show off public sajdas is not in the hierarchy.

There are Sajdas that are being made mandatory upon us in 5 times daily salaat THAT ARE MORE IMPORTANT and doing them gives you a lot better of a chance to “Please The Lord”.

If you religiously do those Sajdas in daily 5 times salaat on time, you prolly won’t need to do any additional Sajdas.

19. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    SAJDA is between him and his Lord.
    I know that Allah is best judge of intentions, so let not judge the intent base on our opinions.

Remember Yusuf celebrating his achievements with sign of cross and it wasn't hold against him.

Everyone has a right to uphold their customs and society at large don't take notice of it.

There Football players who do sajda on field.

20. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    This sound more like inferiority complex then following the local norms.

• Why should a white American woman care about going into a mosque in a mini skirt while visiting Pakistan? Why shouldn’t she not hug and kiss her boyfriend in the public while in Pakistan? These are just normal dress attire and act of affection in public for her. Why should she not do it? Does it make a difference when she does it in USA or inside a mosque in Peshawar?
    Completely illogical example, going in place of worship is not same as celebrating in sporting event.
    By the way at St. Peter's Basilica enforces the dress code of "Men must wear long trousers (no shorts) and cover their shoulders, women must not have either bare shoulders or skirts shorter than knee length", when it is completely Local Norms to have otherwise.

• A more important sajda is the Sajda of Salaat for which there will be questioning - worry about THAT Sajda. I ask these Sajda givers at reaching a cricket milestone if they prayed Fajr in congregation?
    and how do you know they did not do that?

It is easy to judge the others based on our own set of principles. Everyone has to answer for themselves and suggesting and questioning if they preyed is Arrogance, which itself is not good.

21. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    even if you take places of worship out of it, a western female just won’t fit into the general social set up if she wanders in the street of Peshawar in a mini skirt.

For her, it’s just her normal daily dress, why should it matter whether she wears it in London New York or in Peshawar?

You will be living in a fool’s heaven if you believe that striking a fair balance between “adapting into a foreign society” and maintaining your “connection with God” is wrong.
    May be come up with a brave heart and start wearing shalwar Qameez at work from tomorrow? Or start going to school in a “lungi and banyaan”? Why not?

I stand firm on my stance. The connection with God is a pvt matter between a man and his God. It’s not a show off tool.

22. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Just like Haris Rauf has been omitted despite in form, why cant Misbah learn from them and axe Azhar, Asad and Shan for the next Test series? He wont because he thinks they made hundreds hence confirmed for the next Test series despite their overall mediocre averages.

23. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    I, in fact do walk in shalwar Qameez here in USA and not a bit ashamed to do so. I also know many others do the same, and do many thing in their traditional clothing. Many people are not going out of their ways to do things to just fit in.
    If it helps you there are many many western Athletes who do religious celebrations as well. So then per you it should be ok for Pak players to do so, to fit in?

24. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    There is NOTHING to be ashamed of wearing Shalwar Qameez. I wear it too. I have seen people in New York wearing it openly. I see many women take niqab and hijab. This is all good. I got nothing against it.

However, I will stick to my point. My Sajda to God is my pvt matter. It's not that cheap of a tool to be used in a public display to tell the world that I have a connection with God.

All are free to do it if they'd like so.

But in my opinion, it's more of a hypocrisy.
    Imran Khan and Javed Miandad, and Wasim Akram and Waqar Yonus reached GREAT milestones on the ground during their playing years - none of them actually needed to display this show off Sajda gesture.

Here is another example.
    This guy can easily pray inside his car. He can also park his car in a quite corner and pray in serenity and peace - but - what does he do?

He pulls it over near the side walk in the middle of a very busy street and gets on top of his cab to pray? This is not worship - this is attention seeking show off for someone who is yelling at the top of his lungs that I am a Muslim and I have a great connection with my God.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Text Talk Text Talk x 1
    • List
  25. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Imran,javed,wasim and waqar may have not believed that their achievements were that bigger deal so didn't need to thanx Allah or they just said Alhamdulillah and moved on but that was their way of living.

We must to judge others on our opinions.

26. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    As I said, I don't want the act of MY worship to God to be used in this cheap way.
    It's laughable that many of these sajda giving players actually break the team curfew in the late hours to go out an party.

27. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    What you say is rite by your views and many others will agree to it, still intention are to be judged by Allah.

(Example)
    In someone's view you might be trying to be taking place of Allah by objecting to something that is permissible in Islam.

Everyone has the rite to thank Allah as per his/her understanding of Faith. Leave it on that and hope Allah accept our act of worship.

28. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    You know once there was a discussion about a person in the court of Hz Ali. And someone said that this person is very good in praying salaat and performing ibadaat.
    Hz Ali said, forget his worship, and don't tell me about this salaat and ibadaat. Tell me how is he in dealing of day to day matters of life?

If someone prays salaat or has a long beard or wears an Arabic garb in public to display is "Islamcity" then I don't get impressed by an iota.

We automatically tend to think that if somone is namaazi, and has a long beard, and gives long Sajdaas and has a rosemary in his hands, so he must automatically be a saint and a pious Muslim.

IMO, these display Sajdas really don’t suit very well with their late night party lifestyle.

Matter of fact, there has been an incident where a Pak batsman reached some mile stone, and he didn’t give a Sajda - and guess what? There was a loud shout from the dressing room towards him, “Oyee Sajda kar!!”
    After which he went into prostration.

29. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I understand your view but judging someone for doing or not doing sajda is equally wrong.

If it is publicity stunt than be assure Allah knows it and if it is heart felt thanks Allah know it too.

So leave it on Allah to judge.

30. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Guys, please stick on topic.

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    u want Misbah to axe three batsmen and pick one bowler ?

32. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    No. I want him to replace them with batsmen having better FC batting averages.

33. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    so u want the Akmals to return ?

34. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    I wont mind Umar Akmal in the Test team, he is performing well in FC cricket nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Pessimistic Pessimistic x 1
    • List
  35. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Haris Rauf was just a cover for Dale Steyn. Dale Steyn has lot more star power, so he is preferred. This good performance by Haris Rauf will definitely will earn him much more opportunities.

36. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    This guy is a must for the T20I WC. Shaheen and Haris, along with a bowling all rounder, a spin all rounder and two batting all rounders should be our bowling attack for the upcoming T20I WC.

Amir has become a trundler, will be smashed all over the park thats for sure, as you can see his economy has been going up with time.

37. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Haris Rauf set to make his BBL return

Pakistan pacer Haris Rauf is set to make his return in the ongoing season of Big Bash League (BBL) when the Melbourne Stars face off against Sydney Thunder on Thursday.

Rauf has been added to the Melbourne Stars squad in place of Nepal leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane, who is being rested due to an injury. Lamichhane is hoping to return for the Stars’ clash against Melbourne Renegades on Saturday.

The 26-year-old pacer was earlier removed from the Melbourne Stars squad after the arrival of South Africa’s fast-bowler Dale Steyn, despite a dream start to the tournament.

Steyn, who was not available for the first two matches in the BBL, recovered from the side strain after getting injured during the Mzansi Super League and replaced Rauf. (MSL)

Rauf, in the absence of the South African pacer, had claimed seven wickets in just two matches with an economy rate of 5.87. His fifer against the Hobart Hurricanes caught the attention of fans around the world due to his sheer pace and control.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/haris-rauf-set-to-make-his-bbl-return

38. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Rauf ve Khawaja will be interesting.
    Looking forward to it.

39. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Rauf: 4-0-24-3
    Steyn: 4-0-24-0

He's making them look stupid now for dropping him

40. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    He is a strike bowler which is great because we have been missing one since Umar Gul's golden period in T20s. He may be great to have in ODIs as well as he bowls well at death and also bowls with a brain (unlike Wahab of the past). The new celebration today a la Wahab was over the top.