Why is Sarfaraz over protected ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Why is this guy over protected ? What is his cobtribution and role in this team and what are we planning by still investing in him ?

P.S. this isnt a reaction thread after t20 game but his future in LOI format ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Just celebrate Bakra eid and still asking y sarfraz is so protected?

We all try to safeguard our sacrificial animal from any harm so that at the rite moment we can slaughter it to please our Lords.

Similarly sarfraz is protected so that he can be slaughtered/thrown under the bus to please the ppl of Pakistan to safeguard the skin of Misbah,wasim khan and Mani.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Should have been sacked after WC.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  5. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Come on man. Misbah got the most flak as captain and here as well Misbah is already getting the flak when sarfaraz has nothing to show for long time. Only thing that is saving him is his t20 results.. rest he has been well below average since CT

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Its the Akmals effect.

Since the Akmals have been so poor for the last 15 years its left a lasting impact where we have such low expectations from a keeper. If he can hold a catch then he's good enough to play no matter how bad the batting. Also captaincy just fell on him as rest don't have same experience as him.

I'm getting tired of his silly batting. 0 application skills. He seems to want to just touch the ball and run risky singles of late. Not surprised with the run out.

Would gladly give him a long break and get a different keeper in. Rizwan has had many chances in past but not impressed much. I'd rather they try someone totally different now

7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Misbah deserved every bit falak he got as a captain and even now the flak he is getting it pretty well deserved.

Misbah is CS and Coach, he had the complete authority to drop sarfraz now at the start of his tenure, which would have give the new captain time and spa e to get settled in the role but sarfraz has been kept on.

Sarfraz was advice to score run to stay in as a captain by misbah (you will find that thread on this portal)making sarfraz believes that he is good captain who is out of form.

So now if sarfraz goofs up like using faheem and imad with new ball while the like of Amir is made wait then misbah is to be blamed. When sarfraz drops fakar and haris for ahmed and akmal then misbah it to be blamed for it.

There are abid ali, imam, Fakar, and shan to open for Pakistan the who recommended ahmed for selection in Playing Eleven?

When umar could have been brought in for asif ali who gave the idea of dropping haris?

All this goof ups are good enough reason for Cs, Coach and captain to get the well earned flak.

Unfortunately for you Misbah is coach and cs, captain is his choice so he will get the flak and more.

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    PCB made a wrong choice by making him the captain.
    And their ego is now in the way that stops them from accepting their blunder and try to fix it.

This is a trade mark trait of Pakistani mentality in general.
    Marr jaeyngey, lekin apni ghalti accept nahi karengey.
    And this is one of the major reasons why wrong things are hardly ever fixed in our country.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I think everyone knows it was a mistake. In other words Wasim Khan said they cannot replace Sarfraz because they didn't prepare a backup and admitted it was a failure of PCB. Obviously they want to remove him but they have no options. Maybe in a year or two they will have a couple of options. Babar is a timid type guy and it's best to let him get on with his batting for now. When he's In his late 20s they should make him captain.

10. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Just read sarfraz view on having inducted ahmed and umar in team and I feel sorry for Pakistan cricket.

You induct 6 new/comeback players in team of 11 and than say we are not looking at the result, whatever that means.

To say haris is good but he is on bench for we have to try few players is like saying who care for national team as long as we can give chance to my PSL Teammates.

I was blaming misbah for the selection and admit I was wrong I should blame Misbah only for the mishap know as Captain Sarfraz, rest is on sarfraz.

11. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Sarfraz is thick. I understood this from the time he decided to bowl to India in world cup rather than bat first. Also for picking Malik over Harris. Then he says it was the right decision to bowl first as DLS may play a part? He makes some remarkably stupid decisions and doesn't have the ability to reflect on them.

Misbah is also stupid. What basis were Shezad and Akmal picked whilst a long term prospect like Harris sits on the bench even though he has very little game time. Why rest him?

Both Sarfraz and Misbah need to be booted out. I can just see Asad Shafiq making a comeback soon if they stay in charge

12. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Everyone is blaming Misbah but not Sarfraz.

before, everyone was blaming Arthur and not Sarfraz.

coach is his shield.

13. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Can't blame sarfraz for he is not good enough to be in the squad but the Cs and Coach.is adamant to make a great captain out of sarfraz hence it will be misbah who will get all the flak.

With Arthur case was bit different sarfraz was performing with bat and team had won CT and ppl knew that Arthur was bigger then sarfraz in the setup.

Even moin khan likes sarfraz, may sarfraz is coaches boy all ready to say 'yes'.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Sarfraz is a limited cricketer who had a purple patch in 2012-14. After that he’s been very inconsistent with the bat and I can’t remember many match winning performances.

I really don’t understand the logic of persisting with him when he probably won’t be around for the next WC.

15. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    That PCB for us, sarfraz won CT so he was given long rope.
    While is case Yk even after winning T20 wc and taking Pakistan to semi in CT he was thrown out for few years.

16. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    he's not

name me one player who can lead this side to victories, just name one!!

17. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    If you ask our PCB management, they will probably tell you, "Imran Farhat".