1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Why is Shehzad still playing limited overs cricket?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by godzilla, Jun 13, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    He played against the best, learned from the best, and most importantly, he had the will to EVOLVE.
    For most Pakistanis, Evolution means "انسان بندر سے بنا تھا"

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Even Nathaly Farraj likes the way Ahmed bats.

Don’t think any girls loved the way Punter batted.

3. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017

4. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    oh grow up.

how did my calling for babars head IN TESTS fail? because of one innings? I havent moved on to shehzad, ive been consistent on him because unlike you im not wowed by one flash of light and do my work before opening my mouth.

my beloved fawad might fail, perhaps, but so far hes averaging 41 in tests. hows your love and darling babar the giant slayer doing? averaging 28. im sure pakistan will have to climb mountains of trophies with performances like that and fans who love it.

virtually everyone in this thread has laughed their asses off at your ridiculous comparison with Ponting, it has nothing to do with babar or fawad. its no surprise you havent the intelligence to actually address the blaringly horrific results from your jaani selfie that have been quoted multiple times in this thread.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It doesn’t matter what other people think of my opinion on Shehzad.

If Babar was so poor how has he performed in ODIs?

It happens to most players but in the end they come good and in the end Babar will average 45 and that is for certain.

Going by your logic a guy who has made back to back 50s should be dropped, Koi Sharam kar.

6. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    You can post nth such videos but it proves absolutely zilch, because Selfie is incapable of doing of 30% what Ponting has done.

Sohaib Maqsood was compared to Inzi, fair enough, due to similarities in their game. But soon people released that former gave wrong hopes. And as for the other two, I have never seen those, many be only you're aware of those.

7. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Shehzad's technical ineptness aside, this clown is putting immense pressure on Fakhar, who try and compensate for his dot balls and looks complete slogger in the process, which could eventually transaction into his downfall. I am amaze how Mickey could be so blind not to see this massive problem.

8. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    You think he is incapable, fact is he is very much capable.

9. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Says who? Base on what?

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Based on his ability and btw guys like Razzaq and Younis rate him.

As I have said before you don’t make centuries in NZ and in SA if you don’t have anything and neither do you have 3 big tons in Tests and a T20 century.

Off course he is not at his peak yet but if he works on a few things in domestics than he can easily become a great player.

He has the shots: Cut, Drive, Pull, Sweep and all but now he needs to work on his Strike rotation and his temperament.

11. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Ex-crickets use to rate players like Imran nazir and Imran Farha too, so does it make them great players? Of course no. I dont even take take words of these oldies as pinch of salt.

Yeah, sure he made centuries, but that NZ side wasn't even 40% of what they're now. And for his 100 against SA, checkout how many balls he consumed for his first 20/30 runs (he was on 5 on 13 balls, 10 on 24, 30 on 45 and so on). Also, bulk of this runs were against Tsotsobe and Kallis along with Duminy and Tahir), which shows how clever this cunning duh is.

And as for those shots you've mentioned, he only plays them after consuming more than double amount of balls, so whats the point?

Modern cricket has been revolutionized, there is no room for slow players these days. You have to take 10/15 balls to get you eye in, to gauge the pitch and even on those 10/15 balls you have to rotate the strike and then start playing your shots and hit boundaries. Unfortunately, he has to cross 50+ in order to do so, and probability for him to cross 50/60 is rare.

12. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    who's talking about odis? did I say babar shouldnt be playing LOIs?

please take your back to back 50's one of them against a team thats never played a test before, and feel very free to roll around the floor in love and enjoyment for them.

unfortunately for you, the rest of the cricketing world realises that judging a player on two innings, even if one of them wasnt versus a minnow playing their first ever test, is profoundly idiotic.

13. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017

Babar is a good batsman, he will make more runs.

14. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Oh, he is definitely capable, of grind the team's momentum to a halt.

15. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Ahmed is a poor player but one thing that stops me writing him off completely is his work ethic. This is despite his unnecessary cockyness which hopefully he will grow out of

Unlike Umar akmal he works hard on his fitness and does often perform in domestic cricket.

Right now he shouldnt be in the LOI side but age is on his side and maybe in a few years he can return as a better player and perhaps as a mature man.

Overall in all honesty he is a below average player currently and shouldnt be anywhere near the side not even to carry the drinks.

16. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    The way I see, one is a gifted player with no work ethics and the other does all the hard work, possess work ethics but lacks in pure batting abilities.

I still see him making the same mistakes, which he was making 10 years ago, then he played his first LOI against AUS in Dubai. Which means he did grow as player at all, and this tells me that he's incapable.

17. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Id select him for the 2019 world cup. From memory he played the first game of the victorious T20 world cup before being discarded and similarly played a game in the Champions Trophy before being discarded. We won both trophies.

We should therefore select him for one match in the 2019 WC before discarding him.

18. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011

Guys if Ponting was still playing..he would want to be the next Shahzad. That’s how good Shahzad is. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    lol, if its a good omen then by all means.

20. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Its funny to see how Billy has been peddling this wild idea for so long now, and nobody is ready to buy it.

21. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    He is a mediocre Test player too

Averages in 20s outside UAE despite his away series' being in easier away locations of SL and WI against mediocre sides for the most part

And even in UAE he only scored when every one was scoring and we were putting up 600+ scores for fun

Mediocre to the boot

22. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Becoming the fittest person in the world still won't mean he fixes his technical flaws and poor temperament

Also... People here are rating him as if he is some super fit athlete. He probably fulfils the bare min un requirement and doesn't even hold a candle to the other top cricketers

23. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Lol that’s hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

24. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Easiest role in the team - at the top wastes balls and no responsibility of scoring runs. Douche of a player.