1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Will England bounce back

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by zeenix, Mar 5, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Traditionally Pakistani team has played the role of providing excitement, un-expected results in any tournament. This time around however England has taken this role. And it has played it to perfection. Its not always, that a team manages to tie a match and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in another. Notwithstanding the fact that the format of the tournament, allows the top 8 teams to reach the knock out stage easily, a stern examination of the England team prowess as far as ODI cricket is concerned, will come from their tomorrow's match against South Africa. While SAF has easily strolled towards the knock out stage, England progress has been not very rosy, and it needs to be seen, how they will fare against SAF. The importance of this match might not be too much in the equation of reaching the quarter finals, but England might desperately need to make a statement here. That they are here as serious contenders for the Title.

SAF on the other hand might not want to break their winning habits, and also their position at the top of the points table.

So despite the fact that in the context of the tournament points this match might not mean much, but clearly it bears importance for both of the teams. Who do you think would ultimately be the winner and why..

2. bang-bang-razzaq

bang-bang-razzaq Youngsta Beauty

Feb 25, 2011
    No they cant handle pressure

3. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    I was listening to David Gower and a few other guys that day at the end of the Ireland England match and they were talking about Pakistan in 1992 and whether England could repeat that.

I personally hope England don't get through to the quarter finals. England tend to lose under pressure and I believe they are chokers as are SA. I don't think that tomorrow's game will be a good one for them as SA have proved to be a team to watch out for.

Also England will be under immense pressure because if they lose this game and one more. They won't make the quarter finals and that will be in the back of their minds.

- Inshallah Pakistan win the 2011 WC.

4. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    I think South Africa and West Indies will beat them, but they will trounce Bangladesh

5. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
    eng going down and down.

6. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    And without a whimper...

Guess they aren't over with the Ashes celebrations yet

7. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    I take my words back.. Aye Aye sir, they are back... And as a much bigger threat..

8. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It was a great performance from England today to defend a score of 171 against a batting line-up as bullish, belligerent and in-form as the South African one is.

But on this occasion the English bowlers were lucky to be on a pitch which gave them something to work with, as the tournament progresses those types of pitches will be harder to come by.