'Will miss the friendly people, but not the backstabbing ex-players' - Grant Flower

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by s_h_a_f, Aug 15, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
  2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Typical moaning complaining after leaving/sacking from a job.

What is the point now ? Either you sp3ak up that time and walk away or at least threaten to walk away or keep your mouth shut after leaving/sacked from the job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    he's not wrong

how ex-players are a disgrace

4. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Not good news on Fakhar. Another player who has a shelf life of 2 years. Shame.

Grant didn't have bad intentions. It's just he wasn't a good batting coach.

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    He had a good long time in Pakistan. Must have been good, i dont know only the players know the best.

But too much complaining. What else he expected? He stayed longer than other coaches we have had and now has a good resume to apply at other places.

However, i do agree with him as many players like Shoaib Akhtar, who know nothing, just went on to critisize him and abuse him just to promote their channels or themselves as experts

6. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    The ex players need a class on how to handle media.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Pakistan batting coach Grant Flower, in an interview with ESPNCricinfo, took a shot at the unfair criticism of the Men in Green by ex-Pakistan players.

While reflecting on his tenure as the batting coach, Flower slammed the politics within the backdoors of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and local media.

"Some of the backstabbing by ex-players and a lot of the politics that happens within the TV channels, the journalists and some of the politics in the PCB itself; I won't miss those, certainly," Flower was quoted as saying.

The former Zimbabwe cricketer was also concerned with opener Fakhar Zaman’s future and said that the left-hand batsman needs to sort out his technique to get among the runs again.

Whereas, the 48-year-old was full of praise for the top-order batsman Babar Azam and described him as the best Pakistan batsman he had ever coached.

While answering a question regarding his own future, Flower said that he will continue to work on his skills and will be looking for some new coaching assignments.

Flower joined the Pakistan team as batting coach in 2014. His five-year tenure finally came to an end when the PCB decided against renewing his contract after the Men in Green failed to qualify for the 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup semi-finals.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/flower-hits-out-after-pakistan-axe

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I second him on politics part. Many journalists on TV channels are also big part of it.

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Babar is probably the best bloke I’ve ever coached: Flower says.

Pakistan’s former batting coach, Grant Flower has all praise for the Pakistan’s shining batting star, Babar Azam as he rates him as the best cricketer he has ever coached.

During an interview with ESPNCricinfo, Flower opened up about his experience of working with Pakistan cricket team in the capacity of batting coach for the last five years and the future prospects for the national team.

“He’s probably the best bloke I’ve ever coached – certainly the best Pakistani I’ve ever coached,” said the former Zimbabwean international.

On the other hand, he believes Haris Sohail is the most underrated batsman of Pakistan and the world will witness the best of him in the coming years.

Flower also hailed the ever-improving Imam Ul Haq and foresighted that the man, who is often discredited for his performances because of being a nephew of former chief selector Inzamam, Ul Haq, will have a successful international career.

“Imam-ul-Haq, I think he’s really improved. You’re going to see a lot more of him because he’s very driven. As long as he doesn’t get too far ahead of himself, I think he’s going to have a really good career,” he said.

He sees Babar and Imam as two of the top three in the batting order for Pakistan for the next five years, however, he is unsure about Fakhar Zaman’s position due to his unorthodox technique.

“I’m not sure about Fakhar (Zaman); he’s got to get his technique a bit tighter, but the other two will definitely be there, no question about that,” he said.

Flower further talked about Zaman that he had high hopes from the flamboyant left-handed opening batsman, but he could not live up to his potential. The 48-year-old is still hopeful that with hard work, the Champions Trophy final hero can make it big at the international stage.

“There’s a lot of rawness about him[Fakhar Zaman], but his results have been very inconsistent. I think he’s good enough to make something of it, but he’s got a lot of work to do,” he said.

Earlier, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had decided against giving any extension to the current coaching staff after the World Cup debacle including the head coach Mickey Arthur, bowling coach Azhar Mehmood, batting coach Grant Flower and the trainer Grant Luden.

https://arysports.tv/he-best-bloke-coached-flower-babar/

10. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Some of our ex-players are beghairat. He is not wtong about them.