Will our batting ever strengthen?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by pak_fan_4_life, Jun 23, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. pak_fan_4_life

pak_fan_4_life Talented

May 14, 2012
    Once again, after the ODIs, just when I thought our test team was pretty good, they proved me and many others wrong.
    Today the way 5 wickets fell in the space of an hour and a half showed exactly how the pakistani team have not learned from their mistakes and may continue to fall like this until either something big hits them or the team is changed, what can be done??
    whats different from the England series other than the conditions?
    is sri lanka's bowling better than england's, or the pakistan batting has weakened to a big extent since january, because of the lack of test cricket played since then?
    will our batting ever change or will our bowling dependent team fall apart like the t20 and ODI team, because believe me it didnt take West indies long to fall to where they are today and it may not take us that long too and im not exaggerating!

2. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    our batsmen lack potential!!

taufeeq n hafeez are ever so overrated, both perform only when there's no pressure n no need.

azhar is pretty good in tests, got a corker first up today so his failure can be justified.

younus played sensibly enough n is still out there.

asad is another player who has potential but never seems delivering consistently.

i see a compact middle order player in ayub dogar, i hope he scores big n cements his place inshaALLAH.

batting woes seem never ending.

3. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Don't worry, with the upcoming crop of Babar Azam, Umar Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Ahmed Shehzad, Hammad Azam, Fawad Alam, Usman Salahuddin, and Sami Aslam I think our batsmen will probably outdo our bowlers in the next decade.

4. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Yup for bowlers we only have Zia-ul-Haq, Raza Hasan, Usman Qadir, Mohammad Nawaz and who knows maybe Aaamir will be back.

Future looks better if only we can found a good/great Captain.

5. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    1137moiz other than babar n usman, i don't see any potential dependables in there.

for me, umar amin is inshaALLAH going to be a great great batsman.

6. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Not even Shehzad :eek:

Anyway Nasir Jamshed is quite good too.

7. Yaser

Yaser Youngsta Beauty

Apr 8, 2010
    They're mentally weak and that will never change until it is targetted.

Sports Psychology is massive nowadays and a major reason why mediocre German teams have always propelled in major tournaments.

Our T20 '09 triumph can be attributed to having a good psychologist.

8. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Welcome back Yaser, and i totally agree with you on that.

9. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    yes, not even him!! i have been his fan since the day i saw him play for the first time n will always keep supporting, him but he on the other hand always lets me n many of his fans down with his brainfarts!! he had such a good technique when he came onto the scene, but emulating afridi in batting has ruined him big time :facepalm :facepalm his feet movement is almost gone!!

the amount of talent he has n his "no fear" attitude is what players long for, unfortunately he is wasting both these attributes!!

but i'm still hopeful that inshaALLAH he'll come good soon, just needs to use his brain smartly!!

agree, nasir is quite good n i hope he delivers consistently inshaALLAH.

10. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Though since the last Windies tour and now he have improved quite a bit, sad it was only T20's but I guess if given a chance now i think he'll prove many of his critics wrong.

11. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    only improvement i see is that now he values his wicket a lot n tries to stay as long as he can, but his feet movement lets me down again n again.

did u see how he got out in 2nd t20?? yes, kulasekra's ball did come in a long way but his feet were nowhere near the pitch of the ball, if feet movement would have been there, he would have survived!!

all i can do is pray... n hope that he inshaALLAH goes on to be the best batsman ever to play for Pakistan.

12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    We're not a bad test batting unit to be completely honest. Guys like Younis, Azhar and Misbah are more than capable batsmen. Did not catch the game today, but the exclusion of Misbah proved costly as was always expected. I'd back our batsmen to come good over the course of this series.

13. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    how did it?? ayub dogar is still playing :p

14. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Valuing Wicket is a really good improvement, thats the most basic thing a batsmen should learn, Sadly many of our Batsmen don't value their wicket, Yup I saw how he got out in 2nd T20, but he'll improve he's only 21/22 and certainly value his wicket much more now.

15. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Bhai kaptaani bhi toh koi cheez hai.

16. sully

sully Youngsta Beauty

Jun 10, 2012
    i have herd Usman Salahuddi's name for a while now, apparently very good technically and a compact player who does not bother with T20's.

should be given a chance soon

17. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    jesay misbah bhai ne southafrica k khilaaf abu dhabi test aur newzeland k khilaaf wellington test main ki thi?? :p

18. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Maybe Mohsin Hassan Khan was right...

"Whatmore has hurt the team's progress"

19. Shahid Afridi rulez

Shahid Afridi rulez Talented

Sep 9, 2011
    You can't really blame Whatmore. He's only been here for a few months plus he's trying as much as he can, if the players don't perform themselves that doesn't mean you start blaming Whatmore.

20. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Im not blaming Whatmore, im saying that maybe Whatmore being the coach has changed the way the winning Team used to go along with each other, or maybe Hafeez being the T20 captain got something to do with this.

21. Shahid Afridi rulez

Shahid Afridi rulez Talented

Sep 9, 2011
  22. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Not really, no! :paranoid

23. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    With the current mind frame they're all in, NO.