1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Will we finally see an underdog winning WC after 23 years ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, May 10, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Last few worldcups in fact since last two decades, it has always been one of the favourites winning the world cup.

Last time an underdog won worldcup was in 1996.

Pakistan were hot favourites in 99 but Australia was also one of the Favourites and them winning worldcup was not a shock to anyone.

2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015 everytime one of the favourites winning it and hardly any surprise package except kenya in 2003 semis.

This worldcup, Pakistan and Windies are the only underdogs who can go on and win it all or maybe Bangladesh ??

Will we finally see an underdog winning a worldcup or it will be again one of the favourites winning it all despite all the talk of dark horse etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92 Youngsta Beauty

Jan 1, 2017
    I don't really know why are people considering South Africa and New Zealand as genuine contenders for this WC. I mean, the WC would be happening almost at the same time of the year as of CT17 and we all know how SA, NZ and even Australia performed in that!

There are only two genuine favorites for this WC and they are England and India, the rest of the cast have to play out of their skins to even have any realistic shot of making it all the way.

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Yes people need to start mentioning them, Pakistan is pathechaar team.

4. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Lol in what world is Pakistan an underdog? Yes we might not be favorites to win but underdog implies they have literally no chances to win and are just there to make the numbers, a la Zimbabwe, or Kenya.

If Pakistan wins, it'll be a nice surprise but not an "underdog" winning.

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Yeah on paper and in comparison with other teams, we dont stand any chance. It will be an upset.

6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Underdog is not minnow, underdog is s tier 2 team like Windies, SL, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

If Pakistan wins it'll be like India 1983 type win, It's a good team but behind it's time.

7. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Agree.

Teams who dont stand any chance arent called underdogs.

Underdog is slightly weaker version of a dark horse

8. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Pakistan is not an underdog.