Would Razzaq make a good captain?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 10, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    With Malik, Yousuf and Younis banned and Afridi and Kami the subject of hefty bans it looks like Razzaq is the hot favourite to become the captain of Pakistan. At least for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

Do you think he'd be a good choice?

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Do you think a lazy character like Razzaq can lead us to victory in T20 world cup, with a team full of youngsters, possibly without Afridi and Kamran?

The answer is No.

3. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Misbah ul Haq would be a much better captain. Infact Misbah would have been an ideal captain if he was not going through a rough patch.

4. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    lets see whose going to be in the squad, i dont rate Razzaq his lazy look approach stinks.

I still think Afridi should get the Captaincy. Aamer, Razzaq and Ajmal are just the 3 other certain players to be in the squad. Misbahs not in the picture.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    When I did a half hour interview with Razzaq, I came to the realisation that he has no tactical nous or self-belief whatsoever.

He expects to be spoon-fed everything, what sort of captain would that be?

6. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    The regression of Razzaq over the past decade alone shows how he plays his cricket. Crying "senior" over every issue doesn't mean jack if you don't have the attitude and the self-belief to back it up.

Merc, no matter what, Afridi still all the way for captaincy.

7. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Bring back Shoaib Malik.

8. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    LOL Wasim, you gone mad...?

PCB better stick to its guns on this fines/ban issue otherwise he'l have eggs on its face.

9. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Yup lets chew the ball again, next time he might not get caught.

10. attidude.asif

attidude.asif Emerging Player

Mar 8, 2010
    na razzaq is very silent kinda person.... u need acheerful guy as a captain... so people r at ease talking to him n discussing things.... he cant even speak english...

11. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    The most important thing for a captain is to be a 'leader of men'...

The next most important thing is to be a shrewd tactician and strategist.

Razzaq is neither.

12. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    looks can be deceiving, Razzy bhai could be an Inzy-style captain, and be able to unite the team...but my gut feel says No, he just doesn't seem to be forceful enough in any scenario.

13. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    Afridi suggests Razzaq's name for captaincy in T20 World Cup
    (Assosiated Press of Pakistan)

ISLAMABAD, Mar 16 (APP): Shahid Afirdi wants Abdul Razzq to do the job in case if he is not chosen to lead the Pakistan cricket team in Twenty20 World Cup.According to sources, the explosive batsman suggested the name of Razzaq to PCB chairman Ejaz Butt on being asked about the leadership issue.Gossip is that Butt recently met Afridi, who is under a probation period due to indiscipline, to discuss captaincy in the World Cup, to be held in the West Indies from April 30.

“Butt discussed a scenario where Afridi was captain for the T20 World Cup but also asked him who he would suggest if the board decided against making him (Afridi) captain because of the fines levied on him,” cricket365 quoted the source as saying.
    “Afridi suggested the name of Abdul Razzaq to Butt when asked to name a possible person who could lead Pakistan and enjoy the confidence of other players in the team,” the source added.
    Afridi is a regular in the One-day and T20 squads but has not played any Test match since 2006.
    The names of Salman Butt and Misbah-ul-Haq are also circulating as possible captaincy candidates.
    The source said at the moment Afridi still remained a firm candidate for the captaincy for the T20 World Cup but the board was still undecided on the matter.
    The national selection committee has named a 15-member squad for the World Cup but has to appoint the captain.
    It is not known whether it will announce a captain just for the T20 World Cup or for all three formats of the game.

14. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Youngsta Beauty

Mar 2, 2010
    Why cant they just support whatever skipper the board chooses?

15. cricket_analyst

cricket_analyst Youngsta Beauty

Mar 14, 2010
    lol!
    i would love to add that MR BUTT has a great sense of humor that he even thought razzak of leading a group of young blood!

hey guys it should be crystal clear to everyone that only afridi deserves captaincy and he is the only best option left!

16. cricket_analyst

Mar 14, 2010
    i wont comment on rest but let me acknowledge my friends that if AFRIDI does goes to court, whoever the judge would spare his 30 lakhs on first day of attendence!

According to the code of conduct of ICC, no player could be punished twice on same fault!

plz dnt sentence him for the third time, appoint him as the captain of pakistan!

17. cricket_analyst

Mar 14, 2010
    Does anyone know IMRAN KHAN, WASIM AKRAM and WAQAR YOUNIS!
    Legends and our pride!
    IMRAN KHAN was caught tampering the ball using cork!
    wasim was found with sand in pockets!
    waqar did it a couple of times as well!