WWE thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Cricket_King, Apr 15, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    I think they called tbe right result. Punk can recover from a loss but lesnar cant. His character relies on being this is unstoppable monster. What a match though .....brilliant .

2. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
  3. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Triple H did do a bit of a cheap move, every superstars saying it. He wanted Orton as champion!

4. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    The crowd was crazy for Daniel Bryan, the locker room has had enough!!!!!!

[​IMG]

What a way to end Monday Night RAW!

5. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    The first 11 on 3 Handicap Elimination Tag Team Match on Raw, The Shield vs Daniel Bryan, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Titus O Neil & Rob Van DAM!
    Reigns got pinned for the first time.
    Result
    The Shield lose AGAIN!

6. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Any WWE fans? Wrestlemania 30 is not far now, given the circumstances WWE has put the best possible card in my opinion in-regards to the "main-events". Having Batista win the Royal Rumble turned out to be a disaster given the fan reaction and what's worse is that he can not win them over in the ring either given his poor match-fitness but i expect him to get better in the coming months and then Punk takes his ball and goes home leaving the card in turmoil.

So, Wrestlemania is saved thanks to the stipulation that if Bryan beats HHH he will be added to the main-event. Now i don't expect the triple threat to be anything special but Orton and Bryan should be able to do enough to work around Batista. Whether it was intentional or not the build of the Bryan v Authority since SummerSlam has been an entertaining Roller-Coaster there were highs and many lows but in the end Wrestlemania 30 will be sold on the prospect of Bryan wrestling twice and a possibly giving fans the pay-off they have craved for so long. It would be foolish on WWE's part to have Orton or Batista win, rarely do they get the chance to create a genuine wrestlemania moment and this is it. Bryan has to win the world title in the Main-Event and lead a giant YES chant among 70,000+ people in the superdome it would pay homage to bret when he performed twice at mania 10 and little dudes like eddie and benoit who lifted the gold at mania 20.

He does not exactly have to beat HHH to perform in the Main-Event, there could be a scenario where he is screwed by HHH and then is added by Hogan or Vince in the Main Event. Or HHH could put Bryan over and then we get an attitude era style triple threat with plenty of ref bumps and interference enroute to a Bryan Triumph.

Another Sub "Main-event" is the taker v brock match, these two have so much history between them already and it will be interesting to see how taker will go cope with a very physical brock wrestler wrestling style, this is my only concern with this match because i care for Takers welfare. The segment during the contract signing was great it did its job and nothing really had to be said, i marked out when i saw takers ministry beard would have been even more awesome if he returned to the ministry of darkness theme. In the following weeks Paul and Brock Masterfully played the chicago crowd by switching their attention from Punk to the Taker-Brock feud it was sensational work from paul only he could have acheived that, it was a strong segment paul is amazing on the mic and Brock adding a couple of words like the beast he is was a nice touch, i don't feel mark henry had to come out again :)) haha to take another beating they could have had a bunch of jobbers jump brock instead but it was fine in the end. Last Week Taker returned and Paul expertly put over the streak, there is only so much you can with this angle when it is recycled every year but paul done pretty well by reminding us that takers acheivements at wrestlemania are far greater then HBK, Austin, and Rock etc and then taker said RIP it was fine again with the indimidation factor which surrounds the phenom he does not really have to say much.

On the undercard we have Bray v Cena, i am happy for Bray and his push. Very few can boast of a big programme with the top star of a promotion in their debut wrestlemania. Bray is sensational on the mic he has a big future ahead of him and all his promos are captivating, i have mixed feelings towards last weeks segment where cena called Bray Homeless etc at the time i never felt like he was burying Brays character maybe it will work into the angle where cena is underestimating the wyatts but again one could easily assume Cena was burying wyatts persona but maybe it was not intentional, the first rule of mic work is to put your opponent over but maybe this will work into the angle we will have to see. Don't expect the match to be all great but am happy to see talent being elevated. A loss will not hurt Bray or Cena.

And then we have the sheild who were teasing a break up over the past couple of weeks who seem to have patched things up while turmoil has also been evident in the Real Americans. I wouldn't mind seeing two triple threats on one card, one being the Main Event and the other involving the three sheild members but i doubt the WWE will go down this route so i am unsure with their position. I feel Wyatts v Sheild coule have been saved for mania, maybe it was done too early. It's possible the Real Americans and the Sheild will be involved in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale, i think the last 5 will be the sheild and the Real Americans. I think it would be great to have ceasaro and Big show as the final two with ceasaro swinging/slamming big show enroute to winning the battle royale or Reigns could do something similar and win. Although there is no real reward from winning the battle royale i feel there is so much prestige, Andre was the King of Battle Royales and one of the greatest WWE superstars of all time and winning a match in his name is big enough in itself given the tribute which will be payed. The match may turn out to be a surprise delight despite the lazy booking of having these guys all chucked on one plate.

7. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  8. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Thanks, took me a while to find the WWE thread. Otherwise was planning on starting one myself.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    BigBunnyBuns

Is there any chance you like to watch a bit or wrestling now and then?

10. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Watch a bit? do you mean if i watch WWE, yeah i have over the past 12 months have begun to follow it more often

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Caught a bit of Raw a few weeks back and I hear The Ultimate Warrior is being inducted in the Hall of Fame. What I want to know is why hasn't this been done a long time ago? The guy is a legend!

12. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    The Ultimate Warrior and the WWE have been biter enemies for a quiet some time, When Warrior was on the top of his game he'd make outrageous demands and really test vince by threatening to no-show during PPV's etc if vince did not abide by his requests, he never really got on with his fellow superstars either always had heat in the locker-room, especially with Hulk Hogan they hated each other so much both had huge ego's and when they clashed things would get nasty. He never left the WWF on good terms either and in 2005 i think the WWE released a DVD on the Warrior where they basically insulted his gimmick and acheivements in the ring. But finally they've patched things up now and he will be inducted in to the HOF byyyyy guesss whoo> LINDA MCMAHON!! of all people, i know she is a surprising choice but apparently she was the only one that supported the warrior during his WWF tenature.

13. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Warrior deserves it though, despite the trouble he caused outside the ring he was major draw for the WWF in the 90's and inspired many of the wrestlers we watch on telly today.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Warrior used to be my favourite wrestler. I loved the gimmick, the face paint, the bright colours, the running to the ring like a crazy man, the talking crazy. All of it.

Several years ago, I saw a plug for his website and went on there to find he was doing Q & A's so I was reading through some of them. This was around the time of the Abu Ghraib scandal and I was shocked by the Warrior's opinions. This nutjob who changed his legal name to Warrior was supporting the guilty soldiers saying that they shouldn't stand trial and these are the sort of things that happen in war. He was basically blaming the Iraqis for what happened and wasnt very complimentary to Muslims.

That put me right off him. More recently he's been in trouble for saying similar right wing things at University talks but aimed at liberals and gays, etc.

Recently I've come to terms with it and have separated the character he played as a sports entertainer (which was way cool) and the person behind the character who is quite clearly a right wing nutjob with no morals. In a way he reminds me of some of the rabid Islamic extremists who try and justify killing women and children. Two sides of the same coin really.

Coming back to his HOF initiation, the character is such an integral part of WWE history that he should be in the HOF.

15. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Ifit makes you feel any better the industry hates him just as much. He was unpredictable, unreliable and unstable. At one point according To the urban myth , he put a gun to McMahons head in a dispute over pay.
    Also he makes his kids watch his seminal match v hogan every year on its anniversary.
    If anything I would have given a certain randall poffo the nod.

16. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Because he has pissed off so many people. HHH hates him and so does vince McMahon but vince always does what makes business sense.

17. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    You guys need to watch 'the self destruction of the ultimate warrior'

18. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    For some odd reason Warrior and linda were good friends....odd indeed.

19. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    I wanted to buy it but thought what is the point when they basically just shat on his legacy?

There is a new one which will be released the day after his induction, "WWE: Ultimate Warrior - The Ultimate Collection"

It will have over 25 matches including his most memorable ones, there will also be new promos and apparently has new interview segments with the warrior to.

20. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    I've come to know of it more recently in light of his HOF induction, i wonder what their relationship was like.

21. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    HHH was so traumatized when Warrior buried him he began giving everything the shovel :)) Poor Hunter, we all know where he got that trait from. HHH's reputation will be on the line at Mania 30 though, hopefully he puts Bryan over. The long running authority storyline may or may not have been intentional in the end but surely Bryan has to triumph at the end of the night because like you said vince does what is best for business.

22. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    If it was even remotely seedy warrior would have blurted it out. After all hes been vocal about hogans wife sharing antics.

23. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Roflmao,ive never seen anyone get up from the pedigree so fast.

24. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    agree that its one sided and to a degree revisionist but interesting non the less.

25. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    :rofl i can't believe they actually done that. Linda must have been a good friend to warrior.

26. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    lol HHH hates him so much, said warrior was the most unproffesional guy he ever worked with

27. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    RAW this week was fantastic, we all know Bryan is the favourite to win the title at mania but they've created doubt my adding the stipulation that if HHH wins he will be added to the main-event match. Last week Cena buried Wyatt by calling him a "homeless hobbit" this week wyatt got him back by calling his girlfriend nikki bella "plastic" LOL. The segment itself was excellent and they done well to build the feud, cena is always good when he stops clowning around and is more serious in his promos.

Here is one of the WWE video package for the cena/wyatt feud:

Guys i don't know how much you have followed Bray Wyatt but he is absolutely gold on the mic, the best heel in the WWE right now. I have not felt so indimidated by a gimmick since ministry Undertaker and if anyone should end the wrestlemania streak of the undertaker it is wyatt who could begin his own. Wyatt could be the guy to fill the void taker leaves when he retires.

Here is another video package which was used to build brock/taker on RAW last night termed "can brock lesnar conquer death?

It certainly sent goosbumps down my spine, the feud is nothing spectacular given how the same storyline is recycles every year but on paper no one poses a threat to the streak more then lesnar. That video package definently has me more invested now, paul as usual has been excellent in building this feud while brock and taker have been kept apart, i expect one final showdown between the two on the RAW before wrestlemania.

This was the segment where HHH announced that if he were to win he'd enter the main-event, it really got me excited for the triple threat

And the final segment above was sensational, i've not seen a beatdown like that in a long time. HHH finally brings the cerebral assasin out, he even tried to drown Daniel Bryan in a water cooler :rofl. He suckered bryan in by saying how nothing was personal, he respects him and may the best man win etc, he also attacked CM Punk by saying that despite everything that has been thrown at Bryan in his WWE career he is still standing before him today and that no one else would have been able to do that, rather "they'd take their ball and go home" lol so he respects bryan for his hard work and preservance, he was kinda breaking kayface haha.

But the beating was amazing and it surved its purpose obviously i was marking out but mid-way i found it very disturbing to the segment served its purpose. Offcourse it will all be pointless if Bryan does not go over at wrestlemania.

28. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    liked just cuz of the effort u put into this posy...

29. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    LOL SNS stop sucking up to me :rofl you hate WWE.

30. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    RAW was great this week, fans should get a recapt of the show if the missed it. Especially the segment where HHH murdered Bryan

31. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    BigBunnyBuns you seem a bunny wrestling fan .. too bad not as big as me. It was awesome for HHH to call em fake cops and the way Steph slapped Bryan. I have a feeling HHH will defeat DB at Mania and then when triple threat will begin (HHH vs Bootista vs Orton) and Bryan will somewhat knock them all down with a steel chair. Steph coming out with cops though Punk returns to the save, and when Kane comes out, Show also comes and the whole thing turns chaotic, ends in a no-contest.

My imagination is crazy I agree :p !!

Anyways Punk has left for his puppy reasons again #SUUUDDDDERRRR!

32. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Hahaha am one crazyy smark can't live without wrestling, i love it just as as much as supporting pakistan. lol it was when steph was slapping bryan and he was replying "you hit like a girl" it was cringworthy but i guess the intention was to imply that she is the one wearing the pants. When step slapped bryan instead of saying you hit like a girl he should have spitted in her face, i mean HHH tried to drown Bryan in the water cooler :rofl so no worries whether it would have been PG or not.

I have that feeling to, its too good to be true. Bryan beating HHH and winning the title in the main-event. I also feel he may lose the match against HHH but go on to win the triple threat some-how. Vince could drive to the arena in a ferrari F50 with a wounded/bandaged daniel bryan in it :) and add him to the match half way through or i see a double pin and it being made a fatal 4 way. If you watched that final segment on RAW HHH buried punk by saying if it were anyone else they'd have taken their ball and gone home so Bryan has his respect, i don't get these indirect jabs because punk has the upper hand in negotiations so maybe he will make a surprise return at mania? Punk was a master at working the smarks in ROH.

I think somehow bryan will win the title in the end and lead a giant YES chant giving us the pay-off we have craved for so long creating a genuine wrestlemania moment, how he gets there is anyones guess.

The triple threat should be fun, expect a typical attitude era style encouter with plenty of ref bumps and interference etc.

Wrestlemania is saved though regardless of what happens

33. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Haha, interesting indeed. I got this leaked news a few months back when Orton became champion that he would lose the titles some time in April.

(Leaks are mostly true)

34. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Am glad they turned Orton heel and gave him the belt he deserved it, he always puts talent over unlike cena and although i wouldnt want to see him face the same old faces all the time or a lengthy reign he should be used at this stage in his career to make rising stars look good. The only issue i have with his current gimmick is that they have him whine too much and complain, it sought of derails the champion and makes him look like a doofus.

Dirt Sheets are never 100% accurate but generally give you a good idea into the plans of creative. I always felt Orton would lose the title at Mania and hoped it would be to Bryan. But i turns out their main intention was to have boo-tista v orton but after the fans shat all over skinny jeans and went nuts at the Royal Rumble they were forced to change their plans. I think initially they wanted Batista to win the belt at mania and am not sure it might even be in his contract stipulation, it will be a big waste if he ends up winning though.

35. hamkan101

hamkan101 Youngsta Beauty

Mar 31, 2014
    Cant believe Hogan is back in WWE. After what they have been through. I guess money talks!!

36. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    He's tarnishing his legacy and TBH its embarrassing. It looks like he is a corporate shill.

37. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    hamkan101 Mycroft Holmes It's the 30th anniversary of Wrestlemania it would be a shame if Hogan WWE's biggest star was not there, it will be the first time he is their for an anniversary show and no problem with him hosting Wrestlemania and promoting the WWE Network, say what you want about the guy but he shaped the sports entertainment version of pro-wrestling and wrestlemania 30 would miss that nostalgia were he not there. Yes conduct outside the ring has not been great while the run in TNA was not required but for people to question his involvement at Wrestlemania for those reasons its absurd, never forget what that man did for the WWE in his day.

38. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Im a huge fan BUT he is being badly utlised. He serves no purpose other than promoting the wwe as a brand. Hes had no storylines etc but has just been pushing the wwe network or arnies new movie....its a shame really

39. hamkan101

hamkan101 Youngsta Beauty

Mar 31, 2014
    Yeah he did but you should also look into how it ended. WWE is a business so all decisions are governed by the fact what business will get out of it :)

40. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    It's exactly what he should be utilised for, while he will bring that nostaglia at wrestlemania as the host for the landmark PPV. When his return was announced being the host for wrestlemania 30 was the best possible thing to do for him, the WWE and the fans. As far as his involvement with other talent goes, i don't think he'd necessarily add or take away from any of the prominent feuds in the WWE at this point heading into Wrestlemania. There was talk of him being in Cenas corner during his match against Bray Wyatt though.