Yasir Shah is a liability outside Asia, specially in first innings ...

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes, in UAE he has performed well, nobody can question his inclusion and credibility, however, outside of asian condition, specially in SENA he is utter liability.

We have witnessed in ENG, SA and in AUS again that neither he take wickets nor able to control run rate when it matters the most, specially in first innings.

I have noticed he regularly give 5 an over and even 6 an over outside Asia and bowls on ridiculous leg stump line.

I think it is well established now that he is impotent outside of asia, specially in SENA and a spinner who at least dont give away truckload of freebies like Yasir do should be opt going forward, but knowing Pakistani culture, its nothing but wishful thinking.

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    He does well in England.

But yes other than that, not anything special outside UAE.

3. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    He done very well in 3 innings out of 8. He was toothless in the other 5. I dare say the first 2 were more down to reputation. So although it may seem he’s done well in england, on closer inspection not much different to the rest of his exploits outside asia

4. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Total liability. Anyone can see this. Pakistan are better playing someone else. I would prefer a spinning all rounder (though options are thin and limited to Shadab and Nawaz) and 4 fast bowlers. This is the best way. Pakistan need 5 bowlers in Aus, Eng and SA

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    God lord, its better to NOT take him once this tour is over to SENA at all. The guy is literally horrendous.

Sure, I get it, you cant take wickets, but why leak so many runs, darn !!!

Common sense says, if you cant take wickets than atleast dont give away free pie's, but this guy has been give away run with 6.21 RPO - 87 run in only 14 overs with no maiden and no wicket - downright pathetic.

Its better going forward to opt a spinner who can stop flow of runs or pick Shadab in SENA - no more mr. thodu.

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Been saying this for years. This guy is pathetic. Horrendous bowling. No control at all. Pakistan being stubborn and picking him blindly. Rather get a all rounder like Nawaz in