Yorkers: Waqar Younis Style

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by SwingNSeam, May 13, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  2. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    I could watch Waqar Younis bowl 24/7 on repeat.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    that banana dip was amazing

4. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    the sick thing is that his yorkers are really flat and dipping in with full pace. The worse are the ones that are bowled straight and swing out..hitting the off stump.

Younis..Akhtar...hope we get bowlers like these again inshaAllah ya Rab!

5. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  6. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  7. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    When I am on my death bed I want to have Waqar Younis Yorkers playing in an infinite loop until I die.

8. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    lool kinda extreme there...

9. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    LOL. Maybe but just saying his Yorkers were a work of Art. Glorifying Allah's laws of the universe - Physics - in the game of cricket.

10. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I agree..even post injury he was a monster...how tall is he?

11. ~Akmal Mania~

~Akmal Mania~ Banned

Feb 16, 2013
    My favorite is the one he bowled to lara.

12. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010

Greatest ball ever bowled! !!!!

13. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  14. bystander

bystander Emerging Player

Feb 18, 2013
    SwingNSeam.There's was a time when i was obsessed with Waqar's bowling, do you know the time when he used to bowl at the speed of light, he once said that the faster he sprinted the quicker he bowled. Imran while doing commentery in West Indies, when Waqar was bowling in the death overs of the innings , said that Waqar had so much confidence in his bowling, that at the death, when any other world class bowler would just think of putting the ball there,Waqar on the other hand would bowl at his quickest!!Hence his rattling up of a record number of 5fers, and winning many onedayers for Pakistan and that too from losing positions.He had or still has,i think, the best strike rate in the business even after his injuries and losing that killer pace.

15. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    When I watch Dale Stayn bowling, it reminds me of Waqar Younis. Both of them have good strike rate.

16. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    Magrath, Steyn are(were)well oiled machines,Waqar, Shoaib were birds of prey in full flight!

17. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Bhaio aur Behino..

Forget Waqar Younis' stats. These are secondary and irrelevant.

What comes first is Waqar Younis not only pioneered a dark art but revolutionized the game of Cricket.

No one put the reverse into Reverse Swing like Waqar Younis. No one schooled the world on Reverse Swing like Waqar Younis.

Greatness is not measured in stats.

18. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    youre talking about pre knee injury right? Ive seen him play (towards the end of the career) and even then he was pretty good.

19. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    SwingNSeam.Waqar was also a very intelligent bowler.He used to get very nice outswing with the new ball and worked out Sanath Jaysuria in such a way that in his opening burst he would angle a few away starting on the left handers off and Sanath would square cut him to the fence easily and then all of a sudden he would from the same off stump line, swing the ball in and trap Sana LB, even better he would with the new ball, bowl an unplayable inswinging yorker to the left handers which is evident in the famous Brian Lara dismissal in the clip that Akmal Mania has shown above.What very few know, that when the ball was not swinging he was just as difficult as he used to ball deadly in cutters with his slinging action using an off spinners grip!!His inswinging full length deliveries were at their most venomous when he used to,bowling at around 147-150 clicks come close to the stumps and angle the ball away, only, to, at the very last moment,suddenly dip in out of nowhere and trap any batsman either bowled or LB!! That is the reason that in spite of everyone, from the batsman to the commentators,knowing what he was about to do, he could still pick up wickets at will. :now

20. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    SwingNSeam.Though many bowlers have been compared to Waqar, for me the bowler who came closest to him was Shane Bond of New Zealand,that too, only when Bond was at his best.

21. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    thanks for the nice write up. I agree Shane Bond did look special at times.

22. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  23. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    My favourite Pakistani bowler of all time.

24. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    SwingNSeam.Do you know who was the father of reverse swing?No not IK.............it was Sarfraz Nawaz the original big bad boy of Pakistani cricket.He was Imran's guru when it came to fast bowling, and i have read articles where Imran had nothing but admiration for Sarfraz and he even said that Sarfraz,would take one look at a box of new balls and knew which ball would swing more than the rest,but sadly after their falling out,Imran never spoke of him in the same light.

25. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Not comparing or anything but Malinga's Yorkers yesterday were devastating. He should have got Southee too but he umpire denied him

26. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Probably the best Yorker

And this

Didnt see much of Waqar .. Other than 2001 tour of England

27. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Yeah I am aware of that fact. For some reason Sarfraz doesn't get enough recognition for it thou. Thank God for reverse swing, because nowadays cricket is bent over to batsman and try to drive everything to make the game batting oriented.

28. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  29. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Sweet! Time to watch some yorkers :D

30. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Think most can relate to this!

1012660_631922443514073_1145221428_n.jpg

31. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
  32. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    I have fever today.

Cheering myself up by watching Younis Yorkers!

33. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    Nobody bowls them like the 2 W's anymore especially in our team, the ones now seem to not know what it is, need to work on it at nets day in and out.