Younis beat up a fan inside the stadium - Geo

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Disco Lemonade, Feb 18, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I think he is having some serious mental problems, just watched a video on Geo where a fan came in to take his autograph. The fan slipped on the ground and Younis slipped over him. Younis then took the fan inside the dressing room and beat him up. He then left the match half way through, this was a match between Karachi Gymkhana and Malir Gymkhana in Karachi Champions League.

My respect for him went down immensely.

2. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    http://www.geo.tv/2-18-2010/59538.htm

I saw the video and the fan clearly slipped on the ground, it wasnt his fault.

3. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    A huge loophole in the story .... unless the incident happened last Thursday (Feb 11th. Younis Khan was playing for Habib Bank the same day (Feb 18th, Thursday) in Rawalpindi.

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Pakistan/Scorecards/279/279157.html

4. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Most probably he took the flight to Karachi to play the match for Malir gymkhana? but anyways when and where is irrelevant as the whole incident has been taped. will be out soon on youtube am sure.

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    If geo is reporting it, it must be a fighting knock.

6. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    hmm, nice to see some fighting spirit on field... :D

7. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    Small correction.

As usual in the dressing room .... not on the field. :D

8. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    There's never a dull moment in Pakistan Cricket! GEO MAZAY SE! ;)

9. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    The link to Geo says the fan tackled Younis to the ground. OP says the poor guy slipped and got beaten up. Couldn't be more contradictory.

These days you just dont know who to believe. I always give the benefit of the doubt to me and believe what I want to believe.

10. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    Its even worst watching this then when u read about it in news...The poor guy clearly slipped infront of younis and the d!ckhead dragged him to the dressing room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKYs-525no

11. prince hamza

prince hamza Youngsta Beauty

Feb 18, 2010
    the fan was running towards him and slipped near him

12. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    So Younis should have just shaken his hand and say thank you ? You do realize he is a profession atehlete that is his ability to make money is dependant on him being fit. AN idiot runs up to him then falls on him to get an autograph and he is suppose to encourage that behaviour. So next game 20 people try to pull the same stunt.
    I remember a test in Karachi where Imran hit a guy on the head for doing the same (without falling on Imran).

13. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    When I heard about this, I thought that it's typical over reaction from the press and that it was a minor altercation but watching the video I'm disgusted.

I wouldn't mind if YK had just smacked the guy for running like an idiot in front of him and I dont even care that the guy clearly slipped because he was being an idiot. What annoys me is that YK actually had the guy dragged to the dressing room so he could beat him in private.

That is totally unacceptable, it goes way beyond reasonable force or acceptable retaliation and is pre-meditated grevious/actual bodily harm. He could get a long time in prison for doing that in the UK. The act of taking the guy away from the scene when he was no threat to YK and then beating him is totally wrong.

It's a symptom of everything that's wrong with our society when we can sit there and say an over eager cricket fan deserved to be beaten like that. For all we know he had promised his son/daughter that he would get YK's signature. Even if there was no good reason other than he was a big fan of YK he didnt deserve that.

14. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    The man is lucky that a pathan in yunus khan didnt come out of the furore like a spring chicken. He should count his lucky stars that all yunus did to him in the privacy of the dressing room was just beat him up. That said, had the guy falsely screamed rape after, him and his next generation would not need to work for corn no more.

15. namak

namak Youngsta Beauty

Feb 16, 2010
    Im not defending Younis Khan in any way, shape, or form, but nothing has been heard from the two parties involved in this issue, the fan in question, and YK himself. Until that happens, this may be relevant:

http://www.snotr.com/video/910

16. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    I wouldn't defend his actions, but do you expect anything else from Mr. impulsive? Make no mistake, I love him as a cricketer, but he needs to get his emotions in check, whether it's captaincy issues, fan-related incidents, etc.

Add Younis Khan vs "the fan" to our next pay per view wrestling event (Yousuf VS Malik has already sold out the arena). No day without such nonsense in Pakistani cricket.

17. MShah

MShah Youngsta Beauty

Jan 21, 2010
    For few of us it might be matter of laugh or something else..... I know MYK through one of my friend (my opening partner) who played at Grade 1 & 2 level. Once he spoke of MYK down to earth attitude when he had a hand shake with 67 grade 2 player who were standing in a long row; with his traditional smily face asking their how know of the game. He was accompanied by Arshad Khan and Wajahatull wasti who just passed with a salam.... This incident of beating a fane clearly shows the tension among the ranks and personal disorder among our heros especially MYK; which was totally unexpected...

I think the authourities among the cricket board should comeup with an immediate solution to the problems with the team and management (PCB)....

18. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    Merc you stole my thinder there. I was thinking the same.

I was seen clips of YK around fans and he always seems approachable.

No man is bigger than any individual.

19. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Quite clearly the fan is being humiliated/dragged against his wishes into the dressing room. It's obvious Younis wants to teach this guy a lesson.

Having said that the fan has not complained or made an issue out of it.